[Closed] Beta GUI v2.999.0.3 - April 17, 2010

We will look into doing so, although right now, I can't promise a timetable on it....

No problem mate.

I`ll just have to make do with it saying Windows XP Professional Edition on my Windows XP x64 for the time being.

What's Changed in v2.2.0.3:

- Fixed each page so that the "/SILENT" switch works as expected.

- Copied bootscreens from batch versions and placed them in BOOT folder in GUI.

- Before patching starts, bootscreens from BOOT folder are copied to resources folder.

- Log file now shows minutes and seconds instead of total seconds as time completed.

- Fixed Repatcher so that correct page is called in order to build a list of files to patch.

What's Different Between v2.2.0.3 and v2.999.0.2:

- Translation code is enabled.

I'm sorry it took so long for this version to be released. Quite a few things have happened that this last two weeks, including a minor rewrite of the code because I found that certain things weren't happening when using the "/SILENT" switch. This should take care of the incorrect bootscreen issue that JAMIS246 found.

JAMIS246: This weekend, we've been working on the new logo for Windows XP x64. We're coming close, however, figuring out how to do so has been a major pain in the buttocks..... :thumbsdown_anim: Once we're done, I'll try to write some new code into the GUI to allow it to detect XP x64....

JAMIS246: This weekend, we've been working on the new logo for Windows XP x64. We're coming close, however, figuring out how to do so has been a major pain in the buttocks..... :thumbsdown_anim: Once we're done, I'll try to write some new code into the GUI to allow it to detect XP x64....

No rush mate.

Thanks for the progress update.

Hi dougiefresh

I've tested out your XP Professional Edition logo for x64 and it looks great but the shadow effects on the text looks a bit overdone and makes the text look a bit weird on the logon screen.

Can you make the text appear just normal with a slight bit of a shadow effect just like you did on the original one for Windows XP pro x86???

See the screenshot below of your original ive attached and compare it to your new one above and you should see whot i mean.

post-10668-127140792614_thumb.jpg

Edited by JAMIS246

I wish I could claim credit for the original LogonUI.exe logos. Based on my discussion with Bober, I believe that the original logos were created by Stimpy. I'm literally trying to figure out how to recreate the entire logo based on the original logos, which is fustrating... especially since I'm just learning how to do this stuff.....

How is this version of the x64 logo?

post-4914-12714243521_thumb.jpg

I wish I could claim credit for the original LogonUI.exe logos. Based on my discussion with Bober, I believe that the original logos were created by Stimpy. I'm literally trying to figure out how to recreate the entire logo based on the original logos, which is fustrating... especially since I'm just learning how to do this stuff.....

How is this version of the x64 logo?

I`ll test that out if you could post the logonui.exe res file again with the new bitmap in place???

Thank You!

What's Changed in v2.2.0.4:

- Added experimental support for Windows 2000 and 2003 Server.

- Added experimental support for Windows XP x64 Professional.

- Added message about experiment support when using the patcher on for X64, 2000, and 2003.

- Code modified to use Home Edition bootscreen for Windows 2000 and 2003.

- XP Pro bootscreen still used for XP X64 Pro.

What's Different between v2.2.0.4 and 2.999.0.3:

- Translation code has been enabled.

Okay. Here's the link: logonui.noshadow.res.7z

Sorry mate for not being able to respond quickly.

Than one looks good too but I would prefer if this new x64 one looked exactly like the original one for 32-bit Windows XP but like you said, you didn`t make the originals.

Maybe i`m just a fussy person and like things to look perfect.

Apart from the above i`m still looking forward to your pack that is fully compatible with the 64-bit Windows XP.

Edited by JAMIS246

I just got a copy of Windows XP x64 Professional to experiment with and found out that the patcher won't work with the install source as it stands currently. It turns out that there are TWO install folders to patch (AMD64 and i386), not just one like in x86 (i386) install folders! The patcher program does nothing to the second install folder....

Also, Fixit informed me yesterday that the patcher won't correctly patch a live install of XP x64, either. I had made no effort to account for the redirection mechanism built into the 64-bit operating systems. The net effect is that x64 won't be patched completely in order to effect the changes....

I've made some changes to the patcher in order to account for the redirection mechanism, however, I haven't tested the changes yet. But I haven't figured out how to do the second source install folder yet....

I really need some feedback on how the translation code is performing! If I don't get some feedback, I am going to assume that the translation code works fine and will proceed to integrate it fully into the patcher. Thanks!

Okay, since no one seems to want to reply about translation issues, I'm gonna close this beta run and will integrate the translation code fully into the code. It will be possible to turn off the translation code if required.

Edited by dougiefresh

• 2 years later...