Random BSODS

Legolash2o

A PC i am working on keeps randomly giving BSODS (most MEMORY_MANAGEMENT), its Windows 7 x86, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD, AMD Athlon 3500+.

I dont know the motherboard name the ID of it is "RX482SB400-6A666PRAC-00" (PC seems to be iQon manufacturer). Can someone please read the dump files and see what the problem is? Also i can't seem to find the BIOS download page for this motherboard :(

Thanks, any other questions just ask :D Thanks Again..

Edited by Legolash2o

Nope, he dont like leaving his computer on for long periods, and by the time i start to download memtest on his computer it just BSOD's. Its strange though cos when i took a stick out it didnt crash, swapped sticks and that didnt crashed either its just when they are both in together i think :/

I've tried a new HDD, new PSU, new surge protector, unplugging everything except keyboard/mouse/monitor. He did one time have to get a new PSU cos he older one broke. Reinstalled Windows, latest drivers, its just ahhhhhh! lol

EDIT: It also BSOD if its just on the logon screen.

Edited by Legolash2o

These all appear to be classic memory corruption problems - pages from RAM missing/corrupt causing PFN lookup errors, calldriver failures, Working Set trim failures, PoolTag free failures, and even a memory access violation in csrss.exe that caused one of the dumps. If both sticks work one at a time (and you've tested them both in another known working machine together to verify they don't cause the problems with each other), then you've got a problem with the motherboard in that system and it should be replaced.

By the way, that is the motherboard in an EQS M64K9-ALV system from EQS Limited (out of business it seems), and it's an ATI Radeon M200 chipset.

http://ati.amd.com/products/certified/eqs-mb.html

Edited by cluberti

The motherboard had been replace a couple of years ago because they thought something was wrong with it (but it was actually the monitor haha) since then its hardly been used. He has started using it again cos he just got broadband. Going to try some new memory.

@Cluberti

Thats great work, going to look for a BIOS update. LOL that's alot of errors, i will let you know how the new memory works out :)

EDIT: I did try some other (2x1GB Super Talent) RAM but it would fit in the computer, the notch in the motherboard RAM slot was slight different, despite having the same specifications as the previous RAM (2 x 512MB Elixer), PC3200.

Edited by Legolash2o