[Release] Universal Extractor 1.6.1

Geej

Universal Extractor 1.6.1

Homepage - by Jared Breland

Changelog

Quote from the author:Universal Extractor is a program do to exactly what it says: extract files from any type of archive, whether it's a simple zip file, an installation program, or even a Windows Installer (.msi) package. This is still a work in progress (see details below), but so far it's proven quite useful and I feel others can also benefit from it.

I should stress that this application is not intended to be a general purpose archiving program. It will never replace WinRAR, 7-Zip, etc. What it will do is allow you to extract files from virtually any type of archive, regardless of source, compression method, etc. The original motivation behind this project was that I wanted an easy, convenient way to extract files from installation packages, such as Inno Setup or Windows Installer packages, without pulling up a command line every time. In the process I got a little carried away and ended up throwing in support for every kind of archive format I possibly could find.

Install with all default settings with ONLY 1 "Uniextract to Subdir" context menu. In addition, no shortcut on desktop & quicklaunch.

All unnecessary languages will be deleted. Note: English.ini will not be deleted.

Screenshot: 1 Context menu only

universalextcontextmenuwb2.png

coolmediafirelogo.png

UniExtract161Intl_addon.cab

Size: 5.48 Mb (5,748,044 bytes)

MD5: 90A3ACFA167BC2966EAFA833AA8335D9

Uninstallable: Yes

B'cause I'm not familiar with Inno Setup scripting language.

Usually the main Inno Setup's user are mainly software developer who distributes their software.

Hence, it is more advantage for them to learn Inno Setup scripting language. I'm not 'Software developer' and dun see the need to learn that. I'm just a hobbyist. Autoit is good enough.

I see you are also interest in scripting language as the addon you post 'Fresh HTML 3.49 Addon' seems to be scripting-related.

By the way, does my addon remove all unnecessary language from non-English OS (and keep the requried ones)? Appreciate your feedback!

Best regards

There is no lang dir in your addon. Doc may be also removed to reduce size.Its nice! reg is also compact

If you contribute your 2-5 Minuit with me here is a tutorial for you

extract this file and read pdf or doc document in side and go through it

it take your 2 minuets

500kb

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?httdnhmmnd5

thank you

have a nice day

Edited by J.S.Prasad

Hey, obvious I'm not bright enough, I took more than 5 mins to digest your tutorial. (should give me at least 30 mins, lol). Thanks

As I understand from your tutorial, you are making English-only Universal Extractor as you have excludes all

language files from the source. And you seem to know inno setup scripting pretty well.

With no intention to discredit your inno setup knowledge, generally-speaking, for making English-only Universal Extractor,a simple batch file can do the job w/o complicated script by just installing silently with switches and then removing the lang folder after the installation.

But we have 31 different languages files in lang folder.

What I wish for the addon to do is to be able to delete unwanted lang file but keep the necessary one.

That means French-language XP will get French.ini in the lang folder and nothing else.

Similiarly, German-language XP will get to keep German.ini in the lang folder during installation and nothing else.

and so on for the various languages...

That is the purpose of autoit script - remove unnecessary language files base on your language-specific OS.

And if it is English-language OS, there is no need for lang folder, so I remove it.

R u a software developer? Seems like you also add some Pascal scripting code near the end of the sample script. For the purpose of the tutorial discussion, the Pascal scripting portion, is it really needed as it seems complicated in making English-only addon using Inno setup?

Have a good day.

Thanks for imparting your time and knowledge with me.Sir I am a teacher and

I just want to communicate you that Inno is the much easy than autolt.

The build in Inno setup script wizard You find it file--new( run it on Default)and see script file.

Autolt is more tough to learn so your knowledge is more than me.

I made it to fit my needs.

Again I Thanking to you.

Edited by J.S.Prasad