W7T 0.7.0 Suggestions

Legolash2o

So far for version 0.7.0 i have....

• Tools marked with "Beta" will be finished off.
  • "Feature Manager" - turn on/off windows features of a wim image. This tool has nearly been completed.
  • "Unattended Setup" - self explanatory, have not started this yet as its a big task and got to do research.
  • Language Packs will get their own tab on the main screen to make the update section less cluttered.
  • Further cleanup of code, files, etc...

However, "Language Pack Converter" will be completely removed as i can not get it working, you have to be using x64 windows to extract x64 language pack or x86 windows to extract x86 language pack. I will have another attempt at this so fingers crossed.

I was also considering the Language Pack tab will have pre-converted cab files on there too :)

So what are you ideas? (Please don't say having W7T in multiple languages) :P

Edited by Legolash2o

How about something like changing your home folder locations or if you can... make it so it creates a partion and it includes all your file folders (e.g Music, Pitures, Videos, Documents, downloads.. etc...) Or have you got that kinda stuff in it already?

I had some other stuff but i can't remember them :/

I'll let you know...

I will try adding it so you can change the default Home folders (Music, Videos, Documents, etc...) but i won't make it create a new partition for them, that could go horribly wrong and i don't want to be responsible for corrupting files :P

How about it making me coffee! :welcome:

LOL... Just messing with ya Lego....

After the last day or so with me finding bugs for ya,

im surprised you not ready to shoot me... :)

Great work as usual... Everything working great now....

I have a few more ideas.... I'll let you in on some of them...

Whenever I remember what they were....

im surprised you not ready to shoot me...

Nah i won't shoot you, i do like a good challenge! :P

Change defualt crap.

Like wallpapers, logon and such.

Added to the list (thats a yes), although default wallpaper is already in the WIM Tweaker :)

Unsigned theme support.

Sure, i'll give that a go as long as it it just requires a dll to be overwritten as i don't have a clue about editing DLL files.

I am more of a WAIK person doing it manually but QFE Hotfix files integration is a good option

Ermm, this was already in the list... this is something i want as well :D

well i want W7T in multiple languages :P

nah i like it in English any way

well i would only request in the unattended setting to have adding a setup file into it

as a new option in the addon integrator but puts it in the xml file

and thx for the tool and keep the good work :thumbsup_anim:

well i want W7T in multiple languages :P

nah i like it in English any way

well i would only request in the unattended setting to have adding a setup file into it

as a new option in the addon integrator but puts it in the xml file

and thx for the tool and keep the good work :thumbsup_anim:

1. No multi languages, i might do it add the very very end :D

2. Unattended Setup already on the list

3. Please explain further about the Addon Integrator and XML file. You mean the tasks.txt?

Edited by Legolash2o

1. No multi languages, i might do it add the very very end :D

2. Unattended Setup already on the list

3. Please explain further about the Addon Integrator and XML file. You mean the tasks.txt?

in autounattened.xml there was a section sadly i don't recall it's name it was used to some programs

so what i meant that you make a connection between the between the addon integrator (tasks.txt) and the xml file hope you understand what i meant

MAD\CRAZY suggestion:

I dun know if it's already possible.

I want to add an addon\driver\Custom wallpaper\Logon Screen to ALL versions at ONCE! :o

I know I am insane, right?

See my collection's disk I have made with guimagex has 30+ versions of Win7 on it and doing each version at once would be mind boggling... :(

(Took me FOREVER to make too)

Well on Update Integrator, Drivers Integrator and Addon Integrator you can select multiple images on the WIM Manager screen, integrates into one image then it saves it, mounts the next, integrates, then saves, etc....

Or did you want the Update/Driver/Addons Integrator all on one screen to it does them all.

I do not know of a method with mounts an image and then it updates them all in one go, so there is only one mount and save.

Edited by Legolash2o

Der thats right.

So then is there a way to delete files via the same process? (Like the sample music files) Even if I have to make a addon that has the commands in it. How would I do that?

I would like to delete the music samples and a couple of other minor things from ALL of them that are common to all images.

Then we could make a handfull of "deletion addons"

So i will put Update/Driver/Addon Integrator onto one form, i will also add the ability to delete file using an addon.

example:

[DELETEFILE]

Windows\Media\example.mp3

[DELETEFOLDER]

Windows\Media

With the method of it automatically do each image individually it will take some time for it to complete the tasks but you should be able to leave your computer and watch tv or whatever you do in you spare time. Will the above work for you?

Ok the deleting files in the addon integrator is done, OMG it was so difficult just to delete a damn folder.

1. Take Ownership

2. Set Permission to full control

3. Remove "Read-only" attribute on every file/folder in all the directories

4. Delete folder + subdirectories

Luckily it does all this quickly :D

EDIT: Quick questions, do you guys like the current Driver Integrator method where it runs an app at the end of Windows Installation, which you can cancel? or would you rather just use DISM and have no app at the end of install?

Edited by Legolash2o

Ok the deleting files in the addon integrator is done, OMG it was so difficult just to delete a damn folder.

1. Take Ownership

2. Set Permission to full control

3. Remove "Read-only" attribute on every file/folder in all the directories

4. Delete folder + subdirectories

Luckily it does all this quickly :D

EDIT: Quick questions, do you guys like the current Driver Integrator method where it runs an app at the end of Windows Installation, which you can cancel? or would you rather just use DISM and have no app at the end of install?

i will vote for Dism i don't like apps running after the installation is over (my view :D)

Ok driver integrator will use DISM which will have the option for removing Drivers too :D

Any other requests?

EDIT: is the new update itnegrator working fine, does it hang, display installed updates fine, etc..? If so i wil add uninstall support.

Edited by Legolash2o

For those who wish to speak to me about a suggestion add liamcrozier2005@hotmail.co.uk to MSN. When it gives you a change to send you a message type in "WinCert - username" so i know who you are :)

Im on msn now (at time of writing)

Edited by Legolash2o

Unfortunately it will not allow me to remove Updates from the image, dism keeps giving "Error 87" whenever i try to remove an update. It was something saying to couldn't read the package...

Edited by Legolash2o