Windows 7 Toolkit 0.7.0 News

Legolash2o

W7T 0.7.0 News

Hey I'm Legolash2o the creator of Windows 7 Toolkit, my aim in 0.7.0 is to try and bring together all your requests without making it more confusing! I hope to release the new version by August which will hopefully be enough time to include code clean up and testing. Alpha versions will be sent to testers and Beta versions will be released to the public!

Quite a lot has changed so far, which i will be updating below (inc. change log) and i hope you really enjoy the changes as i am doing my best. I'm more than happy to read your requests so don't forget to leave them here. I am going to warn you though that Unattended Setup will take some time to do as i have to do research, this may not make it in this release but i WILL try.

>>>>>Try Windows 7 Toolkit 0.7.0 Alpha<<<<<

Version 0.7.0.22 Alpha is the last version I'm going to upload on MediaFire, if there is an update available it will tell you when you start W7T. Please report any bugs via PM, thanks :)

News

-------------------------

16.07.2010:

*I have completely redone the Tools Manager, which has had very good feedback so far as it is soo much less confusing!

*When W7T did certain tasks like mounting an image it used nearly 50% of the CPU and 20MB of RAM to wait for that process to finish. Now it only uses 0% of CPU and 20MB during the same tasks. What an improvement!!!!!

*Addon Maker has been redesigned and allows you delete files and folders in the WIM. If you mix that with the current ability to delete registry entries you could technically make an addon which removes components such as Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer, add Tweaks, whatever the censored.gifyou want.... :D

17.07.2010:

*You will now have the ability to set W7T priority via Options, normally done via Task Manager. I have got rid of the Language Pack Converter but i have added cab files to the Language Packs list.

18.07.2010:

*You can download the latest database via the Options Menu, W7T checks to see the latest version on startup and then prompts you that there is a new version available. I have also limited the [RUNCMD] command to DISM only, this feature lets you run commands during integration i.e. Disable a feature in the image before it is removed with the addon.

19.07.2010:

*Today i have finished the Feature Manager and will be released to tester hopefully soon, there may be some errors at first as some features require other features to be enabled first and i can't remember the DISM command which makes it install the needed features. Anyway's the errors will saying that Feature A requires feature B,C,D to be enabled first and i have quite coded in the function which auto selects them yet.

*I have also finished the Update Checker, had a few problems at first and had another problem which made W7T hang during at start while it checked for updates.

*Third update of the day, just finished the All-In-One Integrator which merges Addon Integrator, Driver Integrator and Update Integrator. Its finished and the first test worked flawlessly!!!! The purpose of this tool is so you can integrate everything in one complete go!

*The Addon Integrator now stores the Task.txt within the image so at a later date i can add a screen which shows integrated updates!

20.07.2010:

*The All-In-One Integrator is fully completed and now support QFE/LDR Integration.

*Office 2010 should have some updates in it now, the database will be updated before final release :)

*I have done a very very basic Unattended Setup, i will however add specific ones on request so don't worry. Also, the new All-In-One Integrator has the option of integrating the .xml file you create and so does the WIM Manager when you mount an image!

*WIM Manager is less laggy, infact i can now move the window when its mounting/dismounting an image!

*By default W7T will not show the mount/unmount popups anymore however you can change that via Options.

22.07.2010:

*If you mount a wim using WIM Manger you now have the option to select an unattended.xml file to integrate into it, ive also added an option in the new AIO Integrator which lets you do the same thing during the integration

*Cab Installer and the original Update Integrator now also support QFE/LDR installs, in order to integrate the update in LDR mode, W7T automatically installs the update normally and then applied the "update-bf.mum" file afterwards.

*MSU to CAB Converter has been updated to show more details when adding updates.

*When exporting an image using the WIM Manager, it shows you the imagex window which shows you the progress.

*You can now change your Logon Background on both OS Tweaker and WIM Tweaker, also a few other tweaks and i am still open for suggestions for what tweaks to add

*I have also fixed an issue where when a task was running the form would be disabled and you are unable to move it or do anything, i have now fixed this and it now only disables the correct parts which still allows you to move the window around.

THE BIGGEST NEWS OF ALL

*W7T Database is now stored on via an SQL Server, which if a new update comes out i can add it and you will all be able to see it next time you open W7T rather than waiting for me to release the W7T.accdb file. Also using this method i can check for new W7T version and display the new changelog within a second :P

*Also i've changed the compile mode from x86 to AnyCPU because i couldn't before as W7T.accdb requried it in x86 mode. AnyCPU means it will work better on x64 computers as good as it will on x86 i.e. less errors and problems as its more compatible.

------------------------------------

Change log

*BIG: Entire database is online (SQL)
*FIX: SoLoR Updates now lets you sort by column
*FIX: Downloader did not add all SoLoR updates
*FIX: SoLoR displayed date instead of size in downloader
*FIX: Export Image showed when image was mounted in WIM Manager
*FIX: Change Default Background Tweak did not work
*FIX: Not all buttons appears afer CAB Installer finished task
*FIX: Update Integrator disable form during task
*FIX: CAB Installer disabled form during task
Tweak:Speed Up Desktop
Tweak: Change Logon Wallpaper
Tweak: Change Logon Text (Shadows/darkness)
*7z.exe, 7z.dll and imagex.exe are now stored internally
*Language Packs now have their own tab
*Addon Integrator supports [DELETE]
*Addon Integrator supports [RUNCMD] (DISM only)
*Added DISM to cleanup Tool
*Added option to run cleanup tool on exit (Options)
*Added option to show/hide Mount/Unmount processes (Options)
*New Tools Manager
*Driver Integrator now uses DISM
*Rebuild All added in WIM Manager
*Redesigned Addon Maker
*Addon Maker lets you make new shortcuts
*Addon Maker lets you add delete tasks
*Addon Maker lets you add DISM commands
*SoLoR Updates now includes Update Packs section
*Language packs now have pre-converted files (*.cab)
*Added Priority options (Options)
*Code enhancements and cleanup
*Added Update Checker on startup
*Download latest database via Options Menu
*Added Feature Manager WIM
*Added Feature Manager OS
*Added All-In-One Integrator
*Added Error Log feature
*All-In-One Integrator support QFE/LDR Mode
*Added basic Unattended Creator (Misc Tools)
*Added Apply Unattended when image is mounted on WIM Manager
*CAB Installer supports QFE/LDR installs
*Update Integrator supports QFE/LDR installs
*MSU to CAB Converter has been updated to display more info
*Export on WIM Manager now uses imagex so you can see progress
*Tweaks: Unsigned Themes*

ToDo List

*Tweaks: Set document folders e.g. Music, Picture, Videos, etc..

featureman.th.pngpriority.th.pngtaskmgr.th.png93468207.th.pngwimtweaker.th.pngaioy.th.pngaddonmaker.th.png

Edited by Legolash2o

Updated the first post and keep checking to see what's changed as its updated every 1 or 2 days.

Any Questions?

19.07.2010: Today i have finished the Feature Manager and will be released to tester hopefully soon, there may be some errors at first as some features require other features to be enabled first and i can't remember the DISM command which makes it install the needed features. Anyway's the errors will saying that Feature A requires feature B,C,D to be enabled first and i have quite coded in the function which auto selects them yet.

19.07.2010: I have also finished the Update Checker, had a few problems at first and had another problem which made W7T hang during at start while it checked for updates.

19.07.2010: Third update of the day, just finished the All-In-One Integrator which merges Addon Integrator, Driver Integrator and Update Integrator. Its finished and the first test worked flawlessly :D The purpose of this tool is so you can integrate everything in one complete go!

19.07.2010: The Addon Integrator now stores the Task.txt within the image so at a later date i can add a screen which shows integrated updates!

Quick Question... In the new W7T *.cab versions of Language Packs are included shall i get rid of the old *.exe ones? Cab Installer can install the LP.cab files.

EDIT: Added alpha in first post again, enjoy

Added some images, released v22. Also check out the "ToDo" list

If you have tried the latest alpha and had a good experience, feel free to let us all know

Edited by Legolash2o

Just released v23, has a very basic unattended setup tool but i will add new unattended options if request, if a few fixes and also the ability to integrate unattended files.

I now need you help.... let me know your favourite registry tweaks!

there is a problem with unattended setup.Inside computer name. when you write a computer name for ex. Jatin Beniwal. it cannot automatically removes space between Jatin Beniwal that must be JatinBeniwal otherwise setup fails. I like the idea to store database on sql server. so no more jet database dependency. Also it does not able to detect turned on features when feature manager wim

Edited by Jatin Beniwal

there is a problem with unattended setup.Inside computer name. when you write a computer name for ex. Jatin Beniwal. it cannot automatically removes space between Jatin Beniwal that must be JatinBeniwal otherwise setup fails. I like the idea to store database on sql server. so no more jet database dependency. Also it does not able to detect turned on features when feature manager wim

Will fix the Computer Name problem. It does on Feature Manager OS but not on Feature Manager WIM as this requires mounting the image first, I just dont want it to mount the wim first and then get the info.

I get a missing database error in v.A25

That's my fault i forgot to remove the check for W7T.accdb will fixed in v27

Edited by Legolash2o

v27 has been released fixing the Computer Name bug, missing database and i've also added Tweaks to the AIO Integrator.

EDIT: v28, now a database hosted on wincert so should work faster now, thanks N1K! Come on people, go to wincert forum homepage and donate some money :P I tried... :)

EDIT 2: You may get an access denied error message, this should be fixed later as i need to speak to N1K :)

Edited by Legolash2o

Version 29 has been released, has quite a few bug fixes

Sometimes you couldn't mount registry

Sometimes W7T couldn't run a file which caused the above problem and some others.

Some people where getting errors during unattended integration on the AIO integrator.

Updated Mass Storage Drivers link and updated Malicious Software Removal tool as i got an error log saying someone couldn't download them

Also you should now be able to view the database which is now on wincert.net, please feel free to donate to wincert (I do not accept donations, at all!)

Enjoy!

Edited by Legolash2o