Windows 7 Toolkit v0.8.0 Requests + Alpha

Legolash2o

manually... that will take AGES!!

You would have to mount the wim, then the SOFTWARE registry hive. Take ownership of [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Wim-soft\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\"

Then go through each package and change visibility to 1, then try and remove the packages. That's all i can explain.

----------------------

Below is what the new interface will look like... any suggestions. (NOTE: it will not sure the FullName column after i've finished)

Edited by Legolash2o

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I meant to change each individual "visibilty" to 2 :P

Right click on a registry key and select Permissions, then it pretty much the same as folder permissions.

With cmdline... i don't know who to do that, if you find out, please let me now cos i was looking into it for the last hour.

Well thanks for sharing

Sorry :( My method is using the tool, although i have noticed alot of spelling mistakes in the tool :D

@Everyone

Is there anything anywhere which will give me a description of what each of the packages are? I'm reading the PDF provided earlier but its not descriptive enough.

Edited by Legolash2o

Is there anything anywhere which will give me a description of what each of the packages are? I'm reading the PDF provided earlier but its not descriptive enough.

Why not use the description in the .mum file in C:\Windows\servicing\Packages

Example Microsoft-Windows-TabletPC-OC-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385.mum:

<update description="Adds or removes Tablet PC Input Panel, Windows Journal, Math Input Panel, and other handwriting recognition features." displayName="Tablet PC Components" name="TabletPCOC">

Thanks Ricktendo, your a genius :D

EDIT: I've also noticed the the tweak tool does not unhide everything, there are also "mini-LP" (mini language packs) and some other stuff which may have to be added to the removal list :P

Edited by Legolash2o

I want to try ALPHA please :)

Nope, the first alpha will be released in a few weeks, but some good news it that the component remover is finished and working (so far) :P

On another note, since you can now remove packages, it has rendered the "Feature Manager" useless so it won't be available in the next version.

Edited by Legolash2o

censored.gifcrying_anim02.gif Some files are still kept in WinSXS so the image only shrinks around 3GB (x64), that mean i have to delete the files from WinSxS aswell if the package is removed. crying_anim02.gif

LOL, there is only 4 folders in the Program Files folder :D

6500 folders to quickly scan through, grrrrr.....

Edited by Legolash2o

Please add "dism /get-mountedwiminfo" function.

Why? Well if you already mounted something, you will not be able to use that mounted wim in W7T, if you would check with /get-mountedwiminfo, you will get all the info you need to use the Mountpoint and WIM in W7T.

Also i find it quite anoying that once you leave a Window started in Tools Manager, you will be back in the Main window instead of the Tools Manager, i hope you understand what i mean

and i dont really understand why the Proper functions are Hidden in something called 'Tools Manager' while the main window is basicly really useless, Updates page ok. LP ok, 'Tools' ??, Driver Packs = nono

Overall the gui could be a little less Clicky Hirachy, but its still nice though i really dont need the 'main window' at all, nothing there i need, well expect for Updates and maybe LP, LP is a little nasty to ingreate, Updates are easy to integrate with dism but yeah its a GUI :P

@Lego : when removing package you don't mean by just disable it because dism disable package but not remove file from wim file ?

one last thing is this will work for french version i hope so ^_^

Edited by ferigno1

That reminds me: watch out lego, awhile back when I was using install_wim_tweak I noticed it broke feature disable...so make sure to run it only after you disable features because I dont think you will be able to do so if install_wim_tweak patch is applied

1.Please add "dism /get-mountedwiminfo" function.

Why? Well if you already mounted something, you will not be able to use that mounted wim in W7T, if you would check with /get-mountedwiminfo, you will get all the info you need to use the Mountpoint and WIM in W7T.

Also i find it quite anoying that once you leave a Window started in Tools Manager, you will be back in the Main window instead of the Tools Manager, i hope you understand what i mean

and i dont really understand why the Proper functions are Hidden in something called 'Tools Manager' while the main window is basicly really useless, Updates page ok. LP ok, 'Tools' ??, Driver Packs = nono

3.Overall the gui could be a little less Clicky Hirachy, but its still nice though i really dont need the 'main window' at all, nothing there i need, well expect for Updates and maybe LP, LP is a little nasty to ingreate, Updates are easy to integrate with dism but yeah its a GUI :P

1. I will add that option, using already mounted wim will save time, but i will do it a way where it won't automatically unmount it at the end :)

2. I will add an option so you can if you wanted you can make the "Tools Manager" the main window (show on startup) and an option where if you close a tool it wil return to the Tools Manager.

3, What you mean by LP are nasty to integrate... i assume you just added the cab file to the list?

That reminds me: watch out lego, awhile back when I was using install_wim_tweak I noticed it broke feature disable...so make sure to run it only after you disable features because I dont think you will be able to do so if install_wim_tweak patch is applied

So you mean disable a feature then remove it straight after for each one?

@Lego : when removing package you don't mean by just disable it because dism disable package but not remove file from wim file ?

one last thing is this will work for french version i hope so ^_^

Removing a package/feature uses the Dism /Remove-Package command, pretty much the same as un-installing an update i guess.

Edited by Legolash2o

1. I will add that option, using already mounted wim will save time, but i will do it a way where it won't automatically unmount it at the end :)

2. I will add an option so you can if you wanted you can make the "Tools Manager" the main window (show on startup) and an option where if you close a tool it wil return to the Tools Manager.

3, What you mean by LP are nasty to integrate... i assume you just added the cab file to the list?

Would be great :)

About the LP i meant without W7T, using the WAIK only is quite nasty to PROPERLY integrate a LP :) it's a few commands for proper integration

Or doesn't your tool do anything expect /add-package

You know what i always miss on such tools as yours?

A real Log that tells you what the tool actually did (all the commands)

Would be great :)

About the LP i meant without W7T, using the WAIK only is quite nasty to PROPERLY integrate a LP :) it's a few commands for proper integration

Or doesn't your tool do anything expect /add-package

You know what i always miss on such tools as yours?

A real Log that tells you what the tool actually did (all the commands)

I assume you can integrate a LP just by using the /Add-package, if not let me know what W7T would need to do i.e. another command.

The log.... i can do that :) I will also make it where if there is an error it will include the exact error with the log.

Any other requests or questions?

Edited by Legolash2o

Mh well would be nice if you could change the way all this works, or maybe you are already doing in your next version, I really dont like how it Auto-unmounts.

Also a little cleanup in Tools Manager, you added a 'All in one integrator' well but this one basicly makes the 'extra' different tools obsolut, so remove them, Wim Tweaker etc whats now in AIO Integrator, which i like better than these 'extra' tools.

Edited by Mand

I will hide the obsolete tools and.... prompt if the user wants to save the image at the end.

Yes- Saves the image

No - Discards

Cancel - leaves the image mounted.

Also the first idea of getwiminfo means it will use an already mounted image and not unmount it :)

Good enough for you?

So far the changelog is.

*FIX: Some buttons did not appeart after unmount (WIM Manager)

*FIX: Update Integrator stop adding updates if wrong architecture

*FIX: SoLoR Updates Home link

*Added Import to WIM Manager

*Display errors on AIO Update Integrator

*Component Removal

*W7T now asks if you want to save/discard and leave the wim mounted

*W7T now uses already mounted wim

*Addon Integrator standalone has been removed (AIO made it obsolete)

*Update Integrator standalone has been removed (AIO made it obsolete)

*Driver Integrator standalone has been removed (AIO made it obsolete)

*WIM Tweaker standalone has been removed (AIO made it obsolete)

*Closing a tool will return you to the Tools Manager