Windows 7 Toolkit v0.8.0 Requests + Alpha

Legolash2o

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So far so good, can't think of anything yet. New things might come up when you release the Alpha :)

And ugh just one thing i don't really like^^, the custom font in the main window.

oh.. a second thing ^_^, The Background on the toolbar and Bottom status bar doesnt integrate, it got a wrong color (well it fades from grey to white), also there is a 3? pixel wide white line ontop of the statusbar?

Looks really weird :\

Edited by Mand

So far so good, can't think of anything yet. New things might come up when you release the Alpha :)

And ugh just one thing i don't really like^^, the custom font in the main window.

oh.. a second thing ^_^, The Background on the toolbar and Bottom status bar doesnt integrate, it got a wrong color (well it fades from grey to white), also there is a 3? pixel wide white line ontop of the statusbar?

Looks really weird :\

1. I dont think im using a custom font :P What font would you suggest

2. "The Background on the toolbar and Bottom status bar doesnt integrate, it got a wrong color (well it fades from grey to white), also there is a 3? pixel wide white line ontop of the statusbar?"

Please explain further, the main form? Confused lol

EDIT: Look at the attachment at the bottom, is that better?

Edited by Legolash2o

1. I dont think im using a custom font :P What font would you suggest

2. "The Background on the toolbar and Bottom status bar doesnt integrate, it got a wrong color (well it fades from grey to white), also there is a 3? pixel wide white line ontop of the statusbar?"

Please explain further, the main form? Confused lol

EDIT: Look at the attachment at the bottom, is that better?

Now... look how my W7T looks.. :x, could be because of my custom theme (but its the same with default Aero :\), i can see the 'white' on the Toolbar on your screenshot too.

Im using Windows 7 x64 with sp1 beta

Edit:... yeah look at it! at this shiny post.. i forgot the Link :P

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5558845/Screenshots/Windows%207%20Toolkit%200.7.0.50%20FINAL.png

more edit:

I posted this in the Software section but.. haha nobody replys :)

Im Searching for a tiny commandline tool that allows me to start Programs with a specific Window Size/Position

something like "positioner.exe -x140 -y400 -s100x500 -fapptostart.exe"

Heck if i would at least know some autoit this wouldnt be a big task, but what the.. i can't find <anything> that does that. Heck it doesnt have to do any hooking or whatever weird stuff, it basicly just has to Start the app and AFTER that resize/move it, i dont demand it that it actually STARTS the file in the given size/position :(

Edited by Mand

Now... look how my W7T looks.. :x, could be because of my custom theme (but its the same with default Aero :\), i can see the 'white' on the Toolbar on your screenshot too.

Im using Windows 7 x64 with sp1 beta

Edit:... yeah look at it! at this shiny post.. i forgot the Link :P

http://dl.dropbox.co....50%20FINAL.png

I changed the font for that screenshot, anyways i've made it all white now and some other modifications so they shouldn't be a problem anymore.

The layout of the main page looks old now and the bottom icons look crap :D

more edit:

I posted this in the Software section but.. haha nobody replys :)

Im Searching for a tiny commandline tool that allows me to start Programs with a specific Window Size/Position

something like "positioner.exe -x140 -y400 -s100x500 -fapptostart.exe"

Heck if i would at least know some autoit this wouldnt be a big task, but what the.. i can't find <anything> that does that. Heck it doesnt have to do any hooking or whatever weird stuff, it basicly just has to Start the app and AFTER that resize/move it, i dont demand it that it actually STARTS the file in the given size/position :(

I don't know of a program which can do that sorry, i don't think there is one :P

Edited by Legolash2o

Looks better now :) Less weird.

And hm, any real reason why there are some thing CAP's in W7T? Like the versions of Windows, or Window Title (FINAL)

I think UPPERCASE doesnt make it better to read, just feels well weird, cause its not Windows 7 ULTIMATE, or Windows 7 STARTER, its Windows 7 Ultimate/Starter, i think this 'normal' Displaying looks better, at the same time it doesnt change anything the way you will see 'Ultimate' the readability is the same, while making it uppercase really makes no real sense?

how about WINDOWS 7 "U" "L" "T" "I" "M" "A" "T" "E" :D (ofc not.)

Well at least for me i would like it better to be stated the way its originaly meant, Ultimate, Starter, it also looks more serious... sort of. Well just how I feel about it, ofc that doesnt mean you HAVE TO change it =) but i would like you to, but thats your choice.

About the program, but im not sure <why> there aint one, Autoit and Autohotkey provide such 'easy' one step functions that this shouldnt be a big problem, though i can do the Mov part myself, i can't do the Command line input in Autoit :(

Heck its one single line/function for Moving/Resizing in Autoit :<

Does NO one like to have a set of programs that start on one click and being perfectly organized? If you have a high res (well mine aint really 'high' its 1920x1080, but there are ppl with 4k resolutions)

Edit:

Does the Statusbar show anything useful?

Option to Hide statusbar?

Rename Tools in tabs to Programs? Feels a little weird to have a Tools Manager and 'Tools', or maybe rename Tools Manager to just 'Manager' ?

Add Everything to it? (Alpha of it) (Fastest Search program for NTFS you will ever find)

Filter function does not affect SoLoR Updates tab (well they are already sorted, but... why not let the Filter affect these entrys? if i only want to dispaly x64 cause x86 is completly irrelevant?)

Edited by Mand

Looks better now :) Less weird.

And hm, any real reason why there are some thing CAP's in W7T? Like the versions of Windows, or Window Title (FINAL)

I think UPPERCASE doesnt make it better to read, just feels well weird, cause its not Windows 7 ULTIMATE, or Windows 7 STARTER, its Windows 7 Ultimate/Starter, i think this 'normal' Displaying looks better, at the same time it doesnt change anything the way you will see 'Ultimate' the readability is the same, while making it uppercase really makes no real sense?

how about WINDOWS 7 "U" "L" "T" "I" "M" "A" "T" "E" :D (ofc not.)

Well at least for me i would like it better to be stated the way its originaly meant, Ultimate, Starter, it also looks more serious... sort of. Well just how I feel about it, ofc that doesnt mean you HAVE TO change it =) but i would like you to, but thats your choice.

About the program, but im not sure <why> there aint one, Autoit and Autohotkey provide such 'easy' one step functions that this shouldnt be a big problem, though i can do the Mov part myself, i can't do the Command line input in Autoit :(

Heck its one single line/function for Moving/Resizing in Autoit :<

Does NO one like to have a set of programs that start on one click and being perfectly organized? If you have a high res (well mine aint really 'high' its 1920x1080, but there are ppl with 4k resolutions)

Edit:

Does the Statusbar show anything useful?

Option to Hide statusbar?

Rename Tools in tabs to Programs? Feels a little weird to have a Tools Manager and 'Tools', or maybe rename Tools Manager to just 'Manager' ?

Add Everything to it? (Alpha of it) (Fastest Search program for NTFS you will ever find)

Filter function does not affect SoLoR Updates tab (well they are already sorted, but... why not let the Filter affect these entrys? if i only want to dispaly x64 cause x86 is completly irrelevant?)

1. (CAPS) I will not use caps for the FINAL but i will for ALPHA or BETA, but the ones like ULTIMATE, HOMEPREMIUM are actually default of the WIM image. That's how microsoft names the images... I will try and make it show the names of the WIM images in camelcase instead

camelcase is where Everything Is Written Like This.

EDIT: Done, Image names will be done in camel case, but not the description, unless you want that too?

2. I've never tried it, i always make my program center by default. Never needed one as Windows remembers where i placed them last :)

3. Statusbar, displays whats its doing on startup i.e. 20% loaded - Office, after that it just says what files are currently being downloaded, also some error messages which appear on the main form like cannot connect to server. Why you ask?

4. I will rename it to Programs

EDIT: Done

5. I will add "Everything" on the list

EDIT: Done, you should see it on the list now.

6. I will have a look at the SoLoR filter

EDIT: Done

How about renaming Tools Manager to Built-in Tools?

Edited by Legolash2o

well about the autoit thing

for resizing it's about 3 to 4 commands not just one

i will try it tommorrow when i wake up

if i manage to make it work i will put the script for you

well about the autoit thing

for resizing it's about 3 to 4 commands not just one

i will try it tommorrow when i wake up

if i manage to make it work i will put the script for you

That would be awesome.

Im not all to familar with Autoit, but i found a single function that would move and resize a window, WinMove(..) (works fine), but i wonder if you mean to actually 'check' for existing .exe and whatever, or if there is a better more advanced function or a way to get the PID of the process the script will launch, and use the PID! to know <what> to resize, cause what if i have more apps open with the same name, but i only want to Launched Process to be resized that way? Not sure if this is somehow possible with autoit (and if how much code it would be just to know WHAT to actually resize)

@Legolash2o

Great, didnt know that it actually displays as ULTIMATE, about the rename mh, might be better not sure^^

You could add two Entrys where it states 'Launch DISM' 'Launch Imagex' (ofc this should somehow open a CMD window that STAYS open) (well not sure... makes no sense really, thats why you have a GUI! ^_^),

Add a Checkbox @ Options to 'Always show DISM/IMAGEX Windows' (but i wonder if that even works proper) so you actually 'see' what W7Toolkit is doing^^, should be Deactivated by Default (this is more useful, cause you can see what w7toolkit does wrong or misses)

But if you add a Log (w7toolkit.log), maybe also a Log Window that would be helpful too?, so you dont have to show these Tools, just the 'Log Window' wich ofc updates itself.. a Scrollbar too, not editable but Selectable) (This would be the better Solution) ( haha you want more requests, il give you more! ^_^)

There is already an option to show mount/unmount in Options and it shows most of the Imagex commands too, i used to have to display all windows but it got annoying because if you had to integrate 100+ updates the windows would popup 100+ times and it got annoying!!!

I will add log file in the W7T folder which shows everything it has done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 7 Toolkit 0.8.0 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 7600 - 23/08/2010 - 7:45AM

:1 Update Package:

AIO Integrator: DISM.exe /Add-Package /etc....

:1 Driver Package:

AIO Integrator: Dism.exe /Add-Driver / etc...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could make it show all the results of the command but the log would get pretty big quickly but i could add an option for "Extensive Logging" in Options.

I may have a problem of making it show the command windows and getting the results of the cmd, in order for vb net to get results from cmd windows it "redirects" the info to memory, basically you would get a blank cmd if it both options are enabled at once (Extensive Logging & Show DISM/Imagex) although the command still runs...

So for that reason i don't think im going to add "Show all DISM/Imagex cmd" but the commands will be in the log.

Edited by Legolash2o

There is already an option to show mount/unmount in Options and it shows most of the Imagex commands too, i used to have to display all windows but it got annoying because if you had to integrate 100+ updates the windows would popup 100+ times and it got annoying!!!

mh, don't tell me you are doing it wrong ^_^, you are not suppoed to Add several packages that way!

You can use just one single Line, "dism /image:"C:\Mount" /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\Updates\update.cab" /PackagePath:"C:\Updates\update2.cab" < you do it like that for 'Single' Updates, if you want to add the Updates contained in a Folder, you just use /PackagePath:"C:\Updates\"

Or is there a 255 char limit?

And if you noticed in my Post, i tend to just write down some things and give my thoughts to it on the end.. (blubb) And as you can see I didnt really like the idea of 'Show cmd..'

I think you also didnt understand "You could add two Entrys where it states 'Launch DISM' 'Launch Imagex' (ofc this should somehow open a CMD window that STAYS open) (well not sure... makes no sense really, thats why you have a GUI!)"

You wrote something 'different' to it, or nothing?, though as you can see these options don't really make sense thats why there is a gui, but at least you would be ABLE to use the INTERNAL files.

Edited by Mand

mh, don't tell me you are doing it wrong ^_^, you are not suppoed to Add several packages that way!

You can use just one single Line, "dism /image:"C:\Mount" /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\Updates\update.cab" /PackagePath:"C:\Updates\update2.cab" < you do it like that for 'Single' Updates, if you want to add the Updates contained in a Folder, you just use /PackagePath:"C:\Updates\"

Or is there a 255 char limit?

And if you noticed in my Post, i tend to just write down some things and give my thoughts to it on the end.. (blubb) And as you can see I didnt really like the idea of 'Show cmd..'

I think you also didnt understand "You could add two Entrys where it states 'Launch DISM' 'Launch Imagex' (ofc this should somehow open a CMD window that STAYS open) (well not sure... makes no sense really, thats why you have a GUI!)"

You wrote something 'different' to it, or nothing?, though as you can see these options don't really make sense thats why there is a gui, but at least you would be ABLE to use the INTERNAL files.

I know of the proper method, but using that method does not allow me to display the progress i.e. 1 out of xx, 2 out of xx, etc.. I also if there is an error with an update, it will continue with the others whereas if you use the method you are on about, it will stop even though there is a problem with just 1 or 2 updates.

Oh i know what you mean by the Launch Dism and Launch Imagex, you mean so you can enter the command manually :P

Do you have msn? add me liamcrozier2005@hotmail.co.uk and in the bit where it lets you send a message, state your Wincert username :)

I know of the proper method, but using that method does not allow me to display the progress i.e. 1 out of xx, 2 out of xx, etc.. I also if there is an error with an update, it will continue with the others whereas if you use the method you are on about, it will stop even though there is a problem with just 1 or 2 updates.

Oh i know what you mean by the Launch Dism and Launch Imagex, you mean so you can enter the command manually :P

Do you have msn? add me liamcrozier2005@hotmail.co.uk and in the bit where it lets you send a message, state your Wincert username :)

Mh but you should be able to know the progress, but you would have to change the way you 'read' the hidden window, instead of 1 of 1 it will show you 1 of 16 > progress > success > 2 of 16 > progress > success etc, so its basicly the same way you read it at the moment, just a tiny amount more logic. (or does it work differently(the way you read the CMD) so this wont work?)

Well you dont have to change that way, but doesnt This huge amount of seperate windows (which nobody sees), slow it down?, well i guess you process them after each one, but doesnt this Load read exit load read exit slow it somehow down? load read................read exit. isnt faster? not even 1 second? if this doesnt take less time or eats less CPU power i really see no need to add it like that.

I dont have MSN :( no ICQ either. The only Chat Program i got is for IRC.

the way it reads cmd windows is that it waits until the end and the sends the info to the program, if i could make it read in real-time then that would be great because then i would not have to show the mount/unmount windows.

W7T uses 0% CPU while doing tasks (since 0.7.0), the first package takes the longest but after that DISM becomes quite quick.

I am looking at a way for VB .NET to read command consoles in real-time, so far i've got this link. http://www.codeproje.../RTconsole.aspx which looks super complicated.

EDIT: Nevermind i've think ive got the answer :D

EDIT2: Its more real-time but it don't read the progress, it reports it after each line instead of at the end, but i need to to read the progress . Grrr lol.

Edited by Legolash2o

Anymore ideas? Anyone?

So far i can't think of anything now maybe some Reg Tweaks added/modified, Shortcut Arrow, Shortcut Suffix, 'Better' Take Ownership, a unusual Reg Tweak Scancode change > Caps to Backspace, Backspace to Caps, im using this since years, you will never miss this useless capslock key, but love this easy to reach Backspace key. (and capslock doesnt vanish anyway, its now on Backspace key) Though im not sure how Windows handels the 'CurrentControlSet' exactly, as this Registry entry gets created after installation, but puting the stuff on ControlSet should work, as Windows will take the info from these entrys?

Windows Error Reporting, MSI Service in Safe Mode (to be able to uninstall MSI crap while in safe mode.. Oo)

Well ofc i have the registry tweaks for that, not some tool that does it.

Edited by Mand

The registry tweaks would be nice to see and what do you mean by better take ownsership? :P

Mh well, il post them here with Details :o..

This is obviously the Capslock to Backspace, Backspace to Capslock tweak, this needs a Restart on a Live machine. Its not doing anything else! Just these two switches, well ofc someone could just use a AHK script to make this change.. but works nativly too, so no need for a AHK script.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,21,e0,5c,e0,3a,00,0e,00,\
0e,00,3a,00,00,00,00,00

Shortcut Suffix

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
"link"=hex:00,00,00,00

Speedup Boot process (and i guess nobody needs these two tweaks to be Enabled) NOT bound to LUA deactivation.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"SynchronousMachineGroupPolicy"=dword:00000000
"SynchronousUserGroupPolicy"=dword:00000000

MSI Service for Minimal and Network Safeboot config. To Uninstall Programs with a MSI Uninstaller (most programs..) in Safe Mode

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\MSIServer]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIServer]
@="Service"

Uh, Minidump Option

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl]
"CrashDumpEnabled"=dword:00000003

Windows Error Reporting, Complete disabled.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting]
"DontSendAdditionalData"=dword:00000000
"DontShowUI"=dword:00000001
"Disabled"=dword:00000001[/s]

[u][HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\Consent]
"DefaultConsent"=dword:00000001[/u]

[s][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\WMR]
"Disable"=dword:00000001

For 'Remove Shortcut Icon', Windows 7 does NOT provide ANY proper Icon to be used for this tweak, thats why you need a Proper 'blank' Icon file, which has all Resolutions! this is IMPORTANT. Else you will se a Black block on scaling, ofc i have such a icon. Works perfect.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons]
"29"="%SystemRoot%\\resources\\blank.ico,0"

This looks probably Differently from yours, maybe nearly exactly but im sure its missing 'Position' and maybe Extended, which i think is important, you dont always want to show Take Ownership o_O just on Extended menu. And this tweak is for Files only. on Directorys you need another entry at Directory\Shell, but thats obvious, but i would be good if you have Two different options for that, Cause: Ownership on Folders is EVIL for noobs, they take ownership of their Windows Folder or whatever.. oh gawd, :)

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\TakeOwnership]
@="Take Ownership"
"Extended"=""
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""
"Position"="Top"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\TakeOwnership\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

Different stuff here.

Cosmetics for "Open command window here" ^^

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\cmd]
"Icon"="C:\\Windows\\System32\\cmd.exe,-0"

Adds a new Cascading Menu to Desktop Menu and Window Background, named 'Windows' can be renamed or whatever, Manage = Computer Management, Services, All Tasks and Defrag, basicly 'main' stuff

The "-" entry addes a new line in the Menu, Looks cleaner that way. (CommandFlags DWORD 8)

;Directory - Background

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\Windows]

"MUIVerb"="Windows"

"SubCommands"=""

"Icon"="C:\\Windows\\System32\\winver.exe,-0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\-]

"CommandFlags"=dword:00000008

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\Windows\shell\1Manage]

"MUIVerb"="@%systemroot%\\system32\\mycomput.dll,-400"

"Icon"="mycomput.dll"

"SuppressionPolicy"=dword:4000003c

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\Windows\shell\1Manage\command]

@=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\

00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,43,00,6f,00,\

6d,00,70,00,4d,00,67,00,6d,00,74,00,4c,00,61,00,75,00,6e,00,63,00,68,00,65,\

00,72,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\Windows\shell\2Services]

"MUIVerb"="@%SystemRoot%\\system32\\shell32.dll,-22059"

"SuppressionPolicy"=dword:4000003c

"Icon"=hex(2):66,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,6d,00,67,00,6d,00,74,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,\

00,6c,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\Windows\shell\2Services\command]

@=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\

00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,6d,00,6d,00,\

63,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,20,00,2f,00,73,00,20,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,\

00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,\

74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,73,00,65,00,72,00,76,00,69,00,63,00,65,\

00,73,00,2e,00,6d,00,73,00,63,00,00,00[/s]

Edited by Legolash2o

Lego about watching the CMD

see this i found

http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/7914/1954

and about autoit sorry i was working in the couple of days and didn't have time to log in and work on the autoit

i will work on it now

Edit:The original command seems to work fine

but it first run the program then after a while waiting until it works << and that something i can't measure

then it changes the size so i will work on the command tomorrow and work on a little timer for waiting until it works

Edited by DaRk MaDnEsS

Lego about watching the CMD

see this i found

http://www.devx.com/...ticle/7914/1954

Thanks but that's the method i already used, although i did learn something new and helped me fix a bug and prob going to help me fix another too :)

EDIT: Change log so far... and i've barely started

*FIX: Some buttons did not appeart after unmount (WIM Manager)

*FIX: Update Integrator stop adding updates if wrong architecture

*FIX: SoLoR Updates Home link

*FIX: SoLor Updates did not get filtered

*FIX: Lists did not show groups if a filter was set

*FIX: Rebuild All will no longer damage WIM File if window is close during process

*FIX: If user closed Exporting window then new file was not deleted

*Added Import to WIM Manager

*Display errors on AIO Update Integrator

*Component Removal (incompleted)

*W7T now asks if you want to save/discard and leave the wim mounted

*W7T now uses already mounted wim

*Addon Integrator standalone has been removed (AIO made it obsolete)

*Update Integrator standalone has been removed (AIO made it obsolete)

*Driver Integrator standalone has been removed (AIO made it obsolete)

*WIM Tweaker standalone has been removed (AIO made it obsolete)

*Closing a tool will return you to the Tools Manager

*Changed Driver Packs home link

*Tools list has been renamed to Programs

*Renamed Tools to Programs

*WIM Manager shows already mounted

*W7T now writes error log instead of uploading

Edited by Legolash2o

Come on, more ideas please. This thread will be closed soon so get them all in.

Got loads of ideas already, but i'm looking for more requests. Thanks :D

For now W7T with the stated changes would be really good :)

The only thing i don't like now is the Icon ^_^, but i can't make you something better, as im not familiar with such stuff - creating a proper icon ranging from 16x16 to 256x256, i can't do that :\

You could make the 'OS Tweaker' 'Extendable' W7T will write all the tweaks into a external file in the folder, XML type or something whatever, so you have the categories, and guess what! you can add NEW tweaks into this file and they will get loaded in w7t O_o, ppl can share their W7 Tweaks extensions or whatever... this should support 'Hints' for the Checkboxes, so ppl can add a description for the Tweak on hovering

OS Tweaker needs to be Resizeable ofc, you should be able to ALSO add NEW tabs, not just use Existing Tabs to add stuff, etc etc. I have no idea if this is possible with vb net, how much of a hassle this is, but i gave you something ^_^

Edited by Mand