Foxit Reader v6.1.1.1031

Geej

Hi Geej, I tested this version and all its ok, I only had to change the key of the language because the language was not installed correctly but now works well, now I dedicate to complete and correct translation of the Spanish language, thanks

Hi luis, what did you modify to make it work for Spanish?

I tried again today on my host PC and if I change the lang code in the registry to Spanish (49129d),  and with the spanish lang file present in the program folder, the spanish language setting is set successfully. Language files seems to work after all in XP except Dutch.

Or am I missing something...?

Hi Geej, I did just modify the keys Language = 49129d and Chooselan = 1 in [strings], [strings.0C0A] and [strings.040A]  of your .inf. To check again, I did uninstall Foxit and I did delete all registry keys and Im install Foxit again and everything okay-

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the update and continue the wonderful work on the "Foxit Lite"!  ^_^

You could add PTB (portuguese brazilian) language, please?

Hi HJSC

Added Portuguese_Brazilian lang. Please test it out on VM.

You should have lang\pt_br in the program folder only. Other lang folders are deleted. kindly let me know if everything is okay or not.

Hi all, I have noticed a small syntax error while adding Portuguese Brazilian lang in the inf

& have corrected the inf lang folder sub-dir syntax. You should see only your lang folder/file after installation.

Cheers

@Geej,

I assume this is now keyed off of the language of your installed OS, and NOT selectable, correct?  So if your OS is English, but you want Foxit in German this will not do that, correct?  Just wanted to clear up any possible confusion.  Some folks might think this is limiting, but I think it minimizes possible mistakes, so this way is fine by me. :)

Cheers and Regards

Hi bphlpt

Yes, lang selection is done automatically base on os lang, so it is NOT selectable by the user.

plus rest of lang folders are deleted automatically.

Hence it is not possible to install on a french os and later want to change to spanish lang.

However, if it is installed on french os and wish to change to english lang later, it is possible as there is no need to have english lang folder.

Foxit reader by default is in english.

Hope this explanation is clear.

Cheers too :-)

Thanks for the update and continue the wonderful work on the "Foxit Lite"!  ^_^

You could add PTB (portuguese brazilian) language, please?

Hi HJSC

Added Portuguese_Brazilian lang. Please test it out on VM.

You should have lang\pt_br in the program folder only. Other lang folders are deleted. kindly let me know if everything is okay or not.

Hi all, I have noticed a small syntax error while adding Portuguese Brazilian lang in the inf

& have corrected the inf lang folder sub-dir syntax. You should see only your lang folder/file after installation.

Cheers

Thanks Geej =D

It's okay. Ah, and i'm sorry for any inconvenience  :blush:

:cap:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Major update (v6.1.1.1031) and my final update for this addon.
This new addon structure allows end user to self-update easily when new foxit reader version is available.

The main setup is now a msi file.
At this moment (or in near future), you can get the msi file from

http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/foxit/reader/desktop/win/6.x/
http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/foxit/reader/desktop/win/6.x/6.1/enu/

When new version comes out, just change the msi file name accordingly & modify slightly the winrar sfx comment file.

And you are good to go.
I have retain language feature as usual. So only your needed lang is installed. Rest are deleted.
Minor registry tweaks are included to made it look 'good' on first launch.
-Open program in max view mode
-user changable for skin (Set to default= blue skin)

Now includes Foxit PDF virtual printer

Thanks to luis for the language test. Feel free to continue your Spanish update for this addon if you wish. :)

Tested okay in VM for XP & Win7 x86 only.

Lastly, uninstall any existing copy of my addon before installing this.

Cheers :)

• 6 months later...

Hi Bobby

The .cab format can't be use for win toolkit.

Download the switchless installer on 1st post instead.

Put the switchless installer via wintoolkit runonce tab. (Can't remember exactly the tab name)