Windows 7 Toolkit v0.8.0 Final

Legolash2o

This program will only work on Windows 7 but there is now an option to ignore this check on this version, just make sure DISM and wimgapi are in the same place as Windows 7 if you are deciding to use Vista!

Link Removed

If you like using W7T then please tell everyone about it :D

NOTE: This is not the Windows 7 Toolkit which let's you activate Windows.

What is Windows 7 Toolkit?

Windows 7 Toolkit is designed to let you download updates, drivers, unofficial updates and even addons! There are also tools in the program which lets you integrate all of them too. To access the extra tools click on Tools Manager when you open W7T, so let's have a look at them...

Firstly, i thought i'd let you know that W7T is the first program of its kind to integrate your favourite programs into your Windows 7 installation disk!

All-In-One Integrator

This tool is probably the most famous tool of them all, it allows you to integrate your Updates, Drivers, Addons (*.WA files), Registry Tweaks and comes with a load of tools to help those advanced users including installing your updates in LDR/QFE Mode.

Component Removal

This tool lets you remove those built-in packages which comes with windows! Windows Media Player/Center, IIS, Inbox Games, Internet Exlorer, the list can go on...

Silent Installers

This tool lets you add you silent installers, it even gives you the option to prompt you which programs you want to install when Windows has finished installing, letting you install different programs for different computers.

Addon Maker

This tool his helpful for creating your own addons, although you do need to use a program like InstallWatch to let you know what happens during an installation of a program you want to make into an addon.

Capture Image

Either add an image to an existing WIM or make a completely new WIM!

Feature Manager WIM

This tool lets you manage which features are enabled/disabled after installation of Windows..

ISO Maker

This one is pretty self-explanatory, let's you create .ISO files to burn onto disk.

Registry Hive Mounter

Need to edit the registry of a specific WIM Image? Then this is the tool for you, apply you favourite performance tweaks before the OS is even installed!!!

WIM Manager

This ultimate WIM Manager tools. Rename, Mount, Export, Capture, Rebuild, Apply Unattended and that's just a start.

WIM Splitter

This tool lets you split your WIM file into multiple *.swm files

CAB Installer

Installs any cab updates you have to your currently installed OS, even in QFE/LDR mode.

CAB Retriever

When Windows Update downloads updates, its keeps a cab file in a download folder, this tool gets them so you can integrate them into your image, just incase the main list is not up-to-date.

Cleanup Tool

Helps cleanup unwanted temp files which W7T forgets to delete after closing and some other stuff.

Feature Manager OS

Lets you enable or disable features on your currently installed operating system.

Language Pack Converter

This tool helps you get the lp.cab file from the .exe you download, it can even do a whole bunch in one automated go. However you must be using the same OS version for the language you are converting i.e. x64 Windows for x64 Language Packs or x86 Windows for x86 Language Packs.

MSU to CAB Converter

Converts those MSU update files to .CAB files.

Unattended Creator

Quite a new tool so very basic, but lets you create the basic unattended xml file.

MSP Extractor

Lets you get the .msp file from your Microsoft Office Updates

Edited by Legolash2o

Hi Legolash2o,

Thank you for this version 8 beta

I don't know if this is the right place to post a suggestion.

It is possible to add a tweak that redirect some path to a more secure place?

In fact, after a crash or a Re-install... all documents, pictures, videos and favorites are erased. It will be judicious to redirect the following paths to D:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]
"Favorites"="D:\\%USERPROFILE%\\Favorites"
"Personal"="D:\\%USERPROFILE%\\Documents"
"My Music"="D:\\%USERPROFILE%\\Music"
"My Pictures"="D:\\%USERPROFILE%\\Pictures"
"My Video"="D:\\%USERPROFILE%\\Videos"

Regards

Hi Legolash2o,

In fact, after a crash or a Re-install... all documents, pictures, videos and favorites are erased. It will be judicious to redirect the following paths to D:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]

Regards

In fact, they are not, they get moved on the same drive. Not sure how it was named i think Windows.old or something this is now where the old C:\ resides with all its files, settings etc

Hi Legolash2o,

Regards

You hav two choices you can either set it globally or set each folder seperately.

Option1.

You change the user folder to ie. D:\%username%\ and all the folders within that automatically become

"Favorites"="D:\\%USERNAME%\\Favorites"

"Personal"="D:\\%USERPNAME%\\Documents"

"My Music"="D:\\%USERNAME%\\Music"

"My Pictures"="D:\\%USERNAME%\\Pictures"

"My Video"="D:\\%USERNAME%\\Videos

Option 2.

You can set the music. pictures, videos seperately. As you might want everyone sharing the same Music folder like D:\Music but the rest of the folders are personal.

Option1 would be easier for me :P

@Mand. Most people like myself tend to format the drive when we reinstall windows.

Edited by Legolash2o

TNX Legolash2o for the quick reply ;)

I understand that oprion 1 is easier for you. BUT, it have restrictions ans disadvantages: no upgrade possible; the use of sysprep be compromised, and the old parametere be applied to the UserProfile in C:.

That's why i suggest redirecting only a part of UserProfile UserName as follow. It must be modified in [shell Folders] and [user Shell Folders]

"Favorites"="D:\\%USERNAME%\\Favorites"
"My Video"="D:\\%USERNAME%\\Videos"
"My Pictures"="D:\\%USERNAME%\\Pictures"
"My Music"="D:\\%USERNAME%\\Music"
"Personal"="D:\\%USERNAME%\\Documents"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"Favorites"=hex(2):44,00,3a,00,5c,00,25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,4e,00,41,00,\
4d,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,46,00,61,00,76,00,6f,00,72,00,69,00,74,00,65,00,73,\
"My Music"=hex(2):44,00,3a,00,5c,00,25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,4e,00,41,00,\
4d,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,4d,00,75,00,73,00,69,00,63,00,00,00
"My Pictures"=hex(2):44,00,3a,00,5c,00,25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,4e,00,41,\
00,4d,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,50,00,69,00,63,00,74,00,75,00,72,00,65,00,73,00,\
"My Video"=hex(2):44,00,3a,00,5c,00,25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,4e,00,41,00,\
4d,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,56,00,69,00,64,00,65,00,6f,00,73,00,00,00
"Personal"=hex(2):44,00,3a,00,5c,00,25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,4e,00,41,00,\
4d,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,44,00,6f,00,63,00,75,00,6d,00,65,00,6e,00,74,00,73,\

Do yr best

Regards

Edited by coucou

Hi Legolash2o,

Sorry for bothering you again :shy:

I just made a test by installinf a small Freeware FotoMix wich create a "FotoMix Project" and "Textures" folders inside Documents.

As

"Personal"="D:\\%USERNAME%\\Documents"

the "FotoMix Project" and "Textures" folders are created (physically) inside

D:\%USERNAME%\Documents\FotoMix Project

and

D:\%USERNAME%\Documents\Textures

In other words, "My_Name" is not displayed instead of %USERNAME%.

If No issue to that, I suggest to replace \%USERNAME% by "Personal" perhaps Therefor the register will looks like

[

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders] 
"Favorites"="D:\\Personal\\Favorites"
"My Video"="D:\\Personal\\Videos"
"My Pictures"="D:\\Personal\\Pictures"
"My Music"="D:\\Personal\\Music"
"Personal"="D:\\Personal\\Documents"

Regards

Edited by coucou

http://www.windows7h...n-in-windows-7/

I will be using the info in the link above, i will be only changing the "ProfileDirectory" value and also a tweak to change the default Public folder location. It seems to work fine :)

EDIT: Done. Anyways as i said before... no more requests please (for now). :P

EDIT: You may notice i've added IE9 BETA to the download list.

Edited by Legolash2o

Is anyone having any problems at all? no spelling mistakes, etc... Just seems quiet that's all.

Edit: v24 is out, it has the requested tweaks and the tweaks now show tool-tips when you hover your mouse over them.

Edited by Legolash2o

Hello everyone,

Thank you for this great soft

However, there may be some bug embarrassing.

Let me explain:

I create a Addon for Win7 WT7 with version 0.8.0.

Formerly, I use Total Uninstall to monitor the software installed, and have

the Key registry installation and uninstallation, under Win7.

The addon works well, however, regarding

'Uninstall the' the app, the app is uninstalled, but leaves the files and directories to copy to the HDD, and also leaves the shortcut, in Win7.

Moreover, even if it integrates the files. REG (installation and uninstallation) in the ADDON, those are not taken into account ..

I rejoice in the future evolution of W7T, which will take into account files. REG (registry key for the installation and uninstallation).

In the meantime, thank you for this app!

Can you please upload the addon?

Ok, this is my create Addon on VSO Image Resizer version 4.0.0.54, for WIN7 x86 (French version)

I have do somes bugs, for example, I let the 'INF' file, included the Key reg for installation and uninstallation but doesn't work

I tried to put the 2 files .REG, it's the same, doesn't work

Thanks for your help

The upload on your forum, doen't work !! Therefore, I uplod on Fileden website on URL :

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/12/27/2704530//VSO.Image.Resizer.V.4.0.0.54.Inf.Addon.wa

Thank a lot...

So its only the key which lets you uninstall the app after the OS is installed? (via control panel)

Open up the .reg file you included with the addon, everything is on one line. Not sure if W7T Addon Maker did the one line thing i will have a look later as i have to go to work in a min.

Yours

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\ResizeInstaller]"inf"="RUNDLL32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection Resize.inf,Install"

Should be

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\ResizeInstaller]
"inf"="RUNDLL32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection Resize.inf,Install"

EDIT2: Everything else seems good! Just the reg file itself.

Edited by Legolash2o

So its only the key which lets you uninstall the app after the OS is installed? (via control panel)

Open up the .reg file you included with the addon, everything is on one line. Not sure if W7T Addon Maker did the one line thing i will have a look later as i have to go to work in a min.

Yours

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\ResizeInstaller]"inf"="RUNDLL32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection Resize.inf,Install"

Should be

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\ResizeInstaller]
"inf"="RUNDLL32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection Resize.inf,Install"

EDIT2: Everything else seems good! Just the reg file itself.

Thanks, I just tested, and the VSO Image Resizer install and work

But for the Uninstall, the files and the directory 'C:\Program Files\VSO' and the Shortcut on Desktop and Start Menu are always there

I must deleted myself...

Thanks, I just tested, and the VSO Image Resizer install and work

But for the Uninstall, the files and the directory 'C:\Program Files\VSO' and the Shortcut on Desktop and Start Menu are always there

I must deleted myself...

Normally for uninstall InstallWatch includes the key so that the program can be removed from "Program and Features" in Control Panel. You don't need to include the shortcuts if you don't want to, you can create an addon which removes those files if you wish otherwise you would have to manually delete them.

Normally for uninstall InstallWatch includes the key so that the program can be removed from "Program and Features" in Control Panel. You don't need to include the shortcuts if you don't want to, you can create an addon which removes those files if you wish otherwise you would have to manually delete them.

Ah Ok, I use TOTAL UNINSTALL, but I try InstallWatch..

In meantime, thanks a lot for your help and your great soft !!!

Downloaded Win7 Toolkit 0.8.0.29RC.

Used 7ZIP to extract to location of previous version.

Started program, everything appeared to be OK except at Programs tab; 7z9.16 x64 (Beta) and 7z9.16 x86 (Beta) shown in bold - problem is I have both of these items installed in their respective Win7 32-bit or 64-bit locations: \Program Files\7-ZIP - assuming there is some kind of detection issue.

*FIX: Major flaw in Addon Integrator
*Addon Integrator has a significant speed boost
*Addon Integrator upgrades REGEDIT4 to latest
*Addon Integrator Supports [TOCOPYFILE]
*Addon Integrator Supports [TOCOPYFOLDER]
*Addon Integrator Supports [TODELETE]

The first 2 things are what you should expect in v0.8.5, ALL of your previous addons will work fine and no extra work is needed.

*FIX: Major flaw in Addon Integrator

When added registry files where converted, there was done so improperly and ended up some of the values not being converted or skipped. This has now been completely fixed and whilst i was at it i completely re-write the code for it, it should now be faster :D

This bug has been around since the ability to integrate addons, i just didn't notice it :)

*Addon Integrator has a significant speed boost

As well as the above changes, i have improved copying times by alot. This was because the location where the file was being copied to was always fully taken ownership so there would be no errors during copying. This step has now been removed and the addon i tested took 2 seconds instead of 10!

*Addon Integrator upgrades REGEDIT4 to latest

REGEDIT4 .reg files get converted to "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00" which i don't know if it makes an improvement but it was only 1 line of code to do

*Addon Integrator Supports [TOCOPYFILE]

*Addon Integrator Supports [TOCOPYFOLDER]

*Addon Integrator Supports [TODELETE]

Since i have removed the takeownership step from the COPYFILE,COPYFOLDER,DELETE commands. I have added the three above which takes ownership first just incase you get any errors when testing your addon!

Edited by Legolash2o