Windows 7 Toolkit v0.8.0 Final

Legolash2o

Final has now been released, not one reported any bugs and i want to start on v0.8.5. Enjoy!

There are over 90 changes from 0.7.0 so I hope you enjoy them all.

Hi Legolash2o,

It's me again. Before releasing v0.8.5, may i bored you with another tweak disabling UAC (if it's not already done).

In fact, to get ride from "Run As Administrator" message , many peopple are completly disabling UAC by

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000000

Doing that, they also lose the File, Folder, and registry virtualization as well as Internet Explorer Protected Mode and much of the compatibility for older software. If they will be installing programs with UAC turned off, when they do turn it back on, they may experienced some unexpected behaviour from these programs.

I suggest this

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"=dword:00000000

Regards

Firstly, sorry for my English, I'm a student. :)

I have a problem with the AIO Integrator, when I add an update I get an error (I attach capture) and the changes aren't applied. I run W7T as administrator, UAC is disabled and antivirus is disabled too.

Error capture: errorph.jpg

I will have a look at this after i've had my lunch. Thanks :D

EDIT: v32 released fixing this issue.

It shouldn't load the registry unless you added either an Addon or selected a tweak. Strange...

@coucou

UAC tweak already uses both those values you suggested

WriteKey(Registry.LocalMachine, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System", "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin", 0, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind.DWord)
WriteKey(Registry.CurrentUser, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System", "EnableLUA", 0, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind.DWord)

EDIT 2: As of v33 the UAC tweak is now...

WriteKey(Registry.LocalMachine, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System", "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin", 0, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind.DWord)
WriteKey(Registry.LocalMachine, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System", "EnableLUA", 0, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind.DWord)

Edited by Legolash2o

Upload the reg file. Some files in the reg file have to be changed, ie. HKLM_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\.... to HKLM_LOCAL_MACHINE\Wim_Software\...

I will however add a button called "Import Registry" to Registry Hive Mounter and it will auto convert it :)

EDIT: I have to go to work now, so if i have to i will convert your uploaded registry file when i get home.

Edited by Legolash2o

Upload the reg file. Some files in the reg file have to be changed, ie. HKLM_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\.... to HKLM_LOCAL_MACHINE\Wim_Software\...

I will however add a button called "Import Registry" to Registry Hive Mounter and it will auto convert it :)

EDIT: I have to go to work now, so if i have to i will convert your uploaded registry file when i get home.

While some are HKLM, most of the entries are in HKCU. I understand your reply, but, why does the app load my running registry complete. Must I put this reg file in a special folder where W7Toolkit will automatically find it and merge without loading my current registry hives?; no help file to search for the answer.

I am in the process of modifying my reg file to add services template etc. it will take a couple of days to complete.

If need be I will upload at that time and thanks very much.

PS: I will google this rename .reg files to see if I can accomplish this correctly without bothering you with it further.

Edited by RickSteele

How's everyone been doing with the Component Removals? Any issues or success stories?

EDIT: I know people are downloading my tool which is great but i love some feedback :)

I use the answer file to "remove" any and all functionality for those components I do not want-including their requisite services; I'm not a fan of deleting from the wim; So, this one feature I don't use, but, love the toolkit!

The thing I like the most about your toolkit is it offers options and does not coerce one into a regimen like some of the other popular Windows 7 feature programs, kind of like a swiss army knife. The one feature I am very interested in is the wim registry hive tool.

One feature that would be of great use is a help file for those items in the program that are not intuitive-such as the registry hive tool.

Thanks

Edited by RickSteele

"26-9-2010 Update Link", Where is that? I've checked the possible links but they all seem to work. What error does it say if any?

The file is not downloadable, it shows in in the folder, but after you click to download the file, it say's requesting file, and stalls out.

Another message states "No available servers have the requested file at this timw"

Can you please upload the file on hotfile or Rapidshare, megaupload file servers, I have noticed that Mediafire has some bandwidth issues in the past few months.

Thanks

Gary

[it seems like it was server problem with Mediafire, I just finished downloading the file...

perhaps using one of those multi-fiole servers might be worth looking into, you upload the file to one server and it tranfers to like 5 or 6 different servers.

It just seems like Mediafire has been troublesome since they started the multiple popup ads that open, when you click on the download clink for the files.

Thanks

Gary

Hi,

I've a problem on a X64 Seven with multiple addons. Sorry for my bad english but all it's ok with Updates, mounting registry But when W7T try to integrate the second addon of my list (even I change the order of addon integration..), I've an error linked to 7z.exe....

w7terror.png

This problem occurs only with x64 but every time..

Thanx for your Work !!

Edited by geromichi

translation : The Access to the access way c:\DismTool\W7T080-36F\7z.exe is refused.

I don't think this problem is linked with particulary addon : This error occurs only when W7T integrate THE SECOND addon of my addon list. So it can happen with all addons.

This error happens only when I integrate updates AND addons; never when I integrate only addons.

Result after this problem : all it's ok but the second addon of the list isn't integrate; that's all.

Thx.

Edited by geromichi