[AddOn] WindowBlinds 6 Enhanced (6.02 (build 43x86))

Adding sig6.bin will not work, because sig6.bin is unique to each install.

Ahhhh well ok thats a shame, i was hoping to make a full auto installer that could be added with Nlite or WPI like ive seen on other unattended windows :thumbsdown_anim:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome, I do have another question :questionmark:

WindowsBlinds 6 "Enhanced" now when I go to the site and attempt to purchase I do not see Enhanced ??

Also you posted a screen shot of V'ISO files transferring .. I am curious what theme that is ?

Thank you kindly

• 2 weeks later...

Not possible sull I have tried it.

WB takes your key, connects to Stardock, looks at your SID and it generates a sig6.bin file.

You cannot simply back up that sig6.bin and use it on your next install, it wont work because you SID (registry number) would have been changed. WB will check sig6.bin against your SID number and if they don't match it will be deleted automatically.

Off Topic: Nice Sig BTW

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm new to this site, but not new modifyind my installation.

Well, I just want to know: why did you create this addons since we can use the /s command to install the software? Will that activate screen appear? Thanks.

Edited by weltall

Huh? I didn't get it, isn't that for WB5 version? Mine is 6.

Almost forgeting, 6.02 is out, could you update man? I really fell your addon is better than using /s switch, but I don't know why, but I'll wait your answer for my last question before doing anything. Thanks everyone!

Please, answer this question: why did you create this addons since we can use the /s command to install the software?

I'm just very curious.

Btw, is there a way to install your addon like a silent installer, so I can add it to my WPI installation? Thanks a lot.

Nope it does not use /S its a INF addon, as for installing it manually yes you can but you may want to edit the INF to remove the prompts if you want to make it silent

Extract wbsys.dll, wbload.dll, WB602enh.inf and WB602enh.cab to the WPI "Install" dir and use this command to install it

rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection "%wpipath%\Install\WB602enh.inf",Install

To remove the "Do you want to install WindowBlinds 6.02 on your computer?" prompt edit these 2 lines in the INF.

[install]

BeginPrompt =BeginInsPrompt

RunPreSetupCommands =Create.i386:1

CopyFiles =WB.Files,Lang.Files,Shared.Files,UI.Files,Diamond.Skin,@Diamond.wsstyles,Copy.D

LLs

AddReg =WB.AddReg,Uninstall.AddReg,RunOnce.AddReg

ProfileItems =WB.AddShortcut

RunPostSetupCommands=WB.Register,Delete.i386

EndPrompt =EndInsPrompt

• 2 months later...
Not possible sull I have tried it.

WB takes your key, connects to Stardock, looks at your SID and it generates a sig6.bin file.

You cannot simply back up that sig6.bin and use it on your next install, it wont work because you SID (registry number) would have been changed. WB will check sig6.bin against your SID number and if they don't match it will be deleted automatically.

Off Topic: Nice Sig BTW

• 1 month later...