How To Integrate Ie9 Beta in windows 7 ?

Rafadecai

en-us, use universal extractor para extraer el .cab del .exe

ricktendo64, I used the latest version of the Universal Extractor (1.6.1) and got two .cab files, a .txt file and a .xml file. Am I to use DISM and inject the .cab files? How about the other two files? BTW, I had to use the third (bottom) option of UE, because the default and the middle one failed. It looks like I got exactly the same files as I did with 7-Zip. Thanks for your help. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: I compared the hash code for all four pairs of files (UE and 7-Zip) and they are identical.

Edited by johnhc

Best to use /x switch to extract and get the IE lang pack and integrate that too (non english users)

ricktendo64, so what do I do? - just use DISM against the four extracted files (I am running English)? Do I just point DISM at the folder containing the files? I cannot run the .exe since I am running XP x64 and do not currently have a W7 system to use. Thanks, John.

No, you dont need all four files, just the one (cab or msu)

ricktendo64, I have two .cab files, WSUSSCAN.cab and Windows6.1-KB982861-x64.cab. I assume I need only the Windows6.1-KB982861-x64.cab file (33.4 MB). Thanks, John.

EDIT: DISM ran fine against the one file. I will do an install later. Thanks much for your help. Enjoy, John.

EDIT AGAIN: Install went fine and IE9 is working - seems a little buggy.

Edited by johnhc