Flash Player in Windows Vista help..

skorch41

Hello everyone! Another problem here! hehe, sorry about this. I just don't know anyone who can help me but you guys! ^_^

I don't know where to put this topic so i just put it here!

Ok, here's the problem. I've been trying to watch a flash presentation or movie on the internet but my browser says "you must have the latest flash player installed on you computer" and blah blah blah download it here somthing like that. BUT I already have the latest flash player! So, what I did was download the "uninstaller" of flash player from adobe.com to get rid of my flash player, and was uninstalled successfully! then rebooted my computer. after that, I download and installed a new flash player from adobe.com so now the flash movie was working fine, I can now see the movie. BUT after a shutdown or reboot, the problem occured again! It says I need the latest flash player again! or I don't have a flash player! But really, I already have the latest flash player. So I repeated what I did earlier, "uninstall and install again" worked fine, but after reboot, there's the same problem again. I don't know why it's like that.

Oh! and one more thing, I have my javascript enabled in case you ask.

Anyone know how to resolve this thing? :unsure: :crying_anim02:

here's the screenshot of what the IE was saying.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

flash1.png

Edited by skorch41

Hmm, seems like a spyware/virus problem to me..Looks like some registry keys are "taken over" by some spyware or adware.

First, can you tell me which antivirus software do you use? Do you use any anti spyware apps?

I'd suggest to clean up your computer from any virus or spyware and then run the attached file.

Don't worry bud, we'll find the way to fix this problem. :albert:

FlashRepair.exe

Hmm, seems like a spyware/virus problem to me..Looks like some registry keys are "taken over" by some spyware or adware.

First, can you tell me which antivirus software do you use? Do you use any anti spyware apps?

I'd suggest to clean up your computer from any virus or spyware and then run the attached file.

Don't worry bud, we'll find the way to fix this problem. :albert:

i'm using avast antivirus. is it good?

anti spyware apps like windows defender? i only got windows defender and nothing else. i'll try to scan for virus & spyware!

THANKS! :D

i'm using avast antivirus. is it good?

anti spyware apps like windows defender? i only got windows defender and nothing else. i'll try to scan for virus & spyware!

THANKS! :D

Avast is very good IMHO, but I never used Windows Defender, but guessing it's alright too.

The best antispy app that I've tried was Spyware Doctor. It can found spyware that adaware and spybot will pass..

Try to scan with it..

Avast is very good IMHO, but I never used Windows Defender, but guessing it's alright too.

The best antispy app that I've tried was Spyware Doctor. It can found spyware that adaware and spybot will pass..

Try to scan with it..

no other problems except for some tracking cookies! i try to run the flash repair and this is what i got:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Untitled-1.png

Try this:

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Then right-click over both 'Flash9b.ocx' and 'FlashUtil9b.exe', and choose Properties.

In Properties choose the "Security" tab. Click on the "Everyone" account (or add it if it isn't there), and the button called "Edit" and then check the box called "Full Control", click "Apply" and do the same with your own Windows local account name.

Once you have done this for both files, run the FlashUtil9b.exe and it should install and update and tell you to restart. Do so and you should now find that YouTube and other sites that use Flash now work.

Also few guidelines:

Before installing Flash Player, please check the following settings:

Internet Explorer ActiveX settings

Browser security settings should be chosen by you or by your system Administrator. For single users who do not have an administrator, the Medium: Default Level allows you to view Flash content. For any Custom Level, ensure that both the "Download Signed ActiveX controls" and "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" options are set to "Prompt".

To change your security level:

Open Internet Explorer.

Choose Tools > Internet Options.

Select the Security tab.

Choose Internet.

Click Custom Level.

Ensure that the "Download Signed ActiveX controls" option is set to "Prompt".

Ensure that the "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" option is set to "Prompt".

If you are having trouble installing, make sure that your Internet Explorer security level is not set to High or to a custom level that does not allow viewing of ActiveX controls.

Computer user permissions

User permissions determine whether or not you are allowed to install ActiveX controls or plug-ins. If you don't have Administrator access to Windows NT, 2000, XP, or Vista you may not be able to install Flash Player successfully. Administrative privileges are required for the Windows system registry and for the C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash folder.

Previous versions of Flash Player should be removed

Remove any previous versions of Flash Player before using the stand-alone installer. For instructions on removing the player, please see How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control (TN 14157).

All web browsers must be closed

Quit all running applications, including all Internet Explorer windows, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger or other messengers. Check the Windows system tray carefully to make sure that no applications that might use Flash Player are still in memory.

After these settings are in place, you are ready to download and/or install the Flash Player.

Try this:

Then right-click over both 'Flash9b.ocx' and 'FlashUtil9b.exe', and choose Properties.

In Properties choose the "Security" tab.

my comp does not even show a security tab (using XP SP2)

Try this:

In Properties choose the "Security" tab. Click on the "Everyone" account (or add it if it isn't there), and the button called "Edit" and then check the box called "Full Control", click "Apply" and do the same with your own Windows local account name.

Once you have done this for both files, run the FlashUtil9b.exe and it should install and update and tell you to restart. Do so and you should now find that YouTube and other sites that use Flash now work.

Also few guidelines:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! whoa! it worked! thanks N1K! you're a genius man! i knew i can get help here! :D :thumbsup_anim: :clap:

my comp does not even show a security tab (using XP SP2)

Hmm, you should see it, if not, you probably don't have required permissions for the file. Are you local admin on that PC?

Have you tried attached file that I posted above in the second post?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! whoa! it worked! thanks N1K! you're a genius man! i knew i can get help here! :D :thumbsup_anim: :clap:

Glad it worked, Vista has a lot of issues regarding software and security compatibility. The main problem is that even though you're an Admin on your PC, you have similiar rights as a user.