DCOM Error 10006

Hi

Since deploying first second Vista Bussiness edition client in the Windows 2003 network I have regular error messages 10006 in system event log, saying that: "RPC server is unavailable" from the computer <IP_address> when attempting to activate the server...

Is difficult to find anything on the web which is relevent to the situation. Would appreciate any suggestions and help.

Thanks

On the Windows 2003 Server, open the registry and verify whether settings below exist. If not, please add them accordingly. The attached text file can be renamed (RPC.REG) and can be merged into the registry automatically, or you can download and run attached file.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\Internet]
"PortsInternetAvailable"="N"
"UseInternetPorts"="N"

Hope it helps..

rpc.reg

Thanks for that. I will certainly try it, but first on my virtual machine. Actually there is no HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\Internet path. I am guessing the file you had sent me creates all this entries.

I have a question. As I mentioned the error message indicate problem with contacting RPC server from only one machine. Apparently I have upgraded this machine to Windows Vista Bussiness edition. I just wonder if there are some settings or configurations to be adjusted on vista machine?

Thanks

Thanks for that. I will certainly try it, but first on my virtual machine. Actually there is no HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\Internet path. I am guessing the file you had sent me creates all this entries.

I have a question. As I mentioned the error message indicate problem with contacting RPC server from only one machine. Apparently I have upgraded this machine to Windows Vista Bussiness edition. I just wonder if there are some settings or configurations to be adjusted on vista machine?

Thanks

Vista is more secure OS than XP, so I presume it could be a firewall. Try to configure Vista's firewall or even disable it so you can see if the problem will be solved in this way..