Windows 7 Toolkit 0.9.0 Requests

Legolash2o

i have a few request for ya, the first one's only a minor cosmetic request tho.

(i do have windows 7 home premium x64 but havnt used this software yet so bare with me)

(im more of an xp fan if im honest, but i still love windows 7 & the ideas behind it)

1). when you get a list of updates in front of you, you have the name and file size tabs.

(Im going by the picture of this software on the first page)

well i thought it might be a good idea if you could have a thrid tab that displays the dates for when these updates where released.

it would be a big help in the sence of things like, for example, when you get multiple versions of updates like "Wndows Malicious Removal Tool"

i havnt used this software yet, so for all i know you can probibely just right click on the tabs already there and add the dates tab, and you can probibly only get the up to date versions of windows 7 updates, for example:

this software wont download all the "Windows Malicious Removal Tool" Updates but only the most recent version, (or am i wrong in saying that, am i incorrect ?)

but i dont know because i havnt used it yet, so im sorry if im asking stupid questions/requests but iv just got a few ideas, is all. ^_^

i might be asking questions and putting forth a request or 2 for software i havnt even used yet but, i havnt been able to restart my pc to boot in to win 7. now that im on these WinCert forums, im hooked :dribble: . oh, and trust me, im gunna be using this.

i only found this by accident. and O.M.G what a monumentally brilliant accident this was, lol :P .

2). how about being able to add an oem logo and some oem info to the installation disk, so after you have installed windows 7, you can look at the system properties and see your custom OEM branding for your computer, so then you dont have to do it after you have finished installing windows 7.

(or even if you just wanna update/replace the original OEM Branding that came prepacked on your oem disc)

i only ask for that 1 because i like to have the OEM logo and OEM info in xp and se7en custom to my pc, but i hate having to constantly Re-Add my OEM Logo and OEM Info to the pc after a fresh install, as i only have retail versions of these OS'es (i custom built my pc) and not an OEM install disc.

it would also be nice if you had a picture Viewer/Editer/Previewer tool implamented in this pack aswell to make/edit and see what your OEM Logo would look like in the System Properties.

and maby you could type your OEM Info text in the same tool but under a new tab, maby something like this

http://tinypic.com/r/24m5lcw/7

24m5lcw.png

(sorry for the crudeness of this drawing, i made it using MS paint to display an example of what im talking about)

again, i havnt used this software so please excuse my ignorance. i dont know if these requests are already available.

i might be posting about some more requests for this software in due time :) .

oh and btw, i appreciate the work, effor, love, blood, sweat & tears that you have put in to this software, and i think its a pity that this isnt more widely known. :thumbsdown_anim:

id love to tap out an email to a few pc magazines and get them to publish an article about your software.

(just to name a few: Custom PC, PC Format, Micro mart, Computer Shopper)

infact, that might not be a bad idea.

anyway, thanks for reading this far and thanks for taking my thoughts into consideration.

p.s. 1 more thing . . . iv read somewhere else some 1 asking about being able to set the default users docs ( like either the entire user profile or just select folders) on to a different partition/hard drive and somewhere else about being able to set the admin as the default user account, i love those ideas and would jump for joy if these where implemented in your next release aswell.

again. thank you for your time

im now gunna reboot later, after iv finished making my updated, slipstreamed, unatended Windows XP PRO SP3 installation disc using nLite and/or Ryan VM, and give this software a whirl. when im finished ill give you some feed back in a couple of hours/days when im done.

Best Regards,

Nieco

Errors/Problems on 19B:

The error in addon creator happens if you select a registry file to be add, also the addon creator asks for a folder to where to add the registry file OR entries, the error also happens if you ask to the addon creator to copy a folder, and never happens if you just select file by file to be copied and after you build the addon you insert the reg file in the addon using 7z.

I've had another issue, when integrating any kind of update to the image it gives me an error message, and after everything even if not selected to rebuild the image it does rebuild, and if i do select to rebuild it tries to rebuild twice.

Features to add:

1.Some kind off window showing step by step, during integration of addons and updates would be a lot appreciated, something that could be turned on or off in the options, this would be very helpful to detect errors in the problem or from the user.

2.The ability to open and edit already created addons.

3.I don't know but, would it be possible to create an addon integrator that could accept addons created for nlite, rvm and hfslip? if could be possible would be very good. I do talk more specifically about accepting ".inf" installs.

Is there a 20B already? Can't wait.

:)

PS: I can't use RT7lite because it can't accept my PT-BR windows version, i may be wrong but i think it only works with EN-EN.

Many thanks

i have a few request for ya, the first one's only a minor cosmetic request tho.

(i do have windows 7 home premium x64 but havnt used this software yet so bare with me)

(im more of an xp fan if im honest, but i still love windows 7 & the ideas behind it)

1). when you get a list of updates in front of you, you have the name and file size tabs.

(Im going by the picture of this software on the first page)

well i thought it might be a good idea if you could have a thrid tab that displays the dates for when these updates where released.

it would be a big help in the sence of things like, for example, when you get multiple versions of updates like "Wndows Malicious Removal Tool"

i havnt used this software yet, so for all i know you can probibely just right click on the tabs already there and add the dates tab, and you can probibly only get the up to date versions of windows 7 updates, for example:

this software wont download all the "Windows Malicious Removal Tool" Updates but only the most recent version, (or am i wrong in saying that, am i incorrect ?)

but i dont know because i havnt used it yet, so im sorry if im asking stupid questions/requests but iv just got a few ideas, is all. ^_^

i might be asking questions and putting forth a request or 2 for software i havnt even used yet but, i havnt been able to restart my pc to boot in to win 7. now that im on these WinCert forums, im hooked :dribble: . oh, and trust me, im gunna be using this.

i only found this by accident. and O.M.G what a monumentally brilliant accident this was, lol :P .

2). how about being able to add an oem logo and some oem info to the installation disk, so after you have installed windows 7, you can look at the system properties and see your custom OEM branding for your computer, so then you dont have to do it after you have finished installing windows 7.

(or even if you just wanna update/replace the original OEM Branding that came prepacked on your oem disc)

i only ask for that 1 because i like to have the OEM logo and OEM info in xp and se7en custom to my pc, but i hate having to constantly Re-Add my OEM Logo and OEM Info to the pc after a fresh install, as i only have retail versions of these OS'es (i custom built my pc) and not an OEM install disc.

it would also be nice if you had a picture Viewer/Editer/Previewer tool implamented in this pack aswell to make/edit and see what your OEM Logo would look like in the System Properties.

and maby you could type your OEM Info text in the same tool but under a new tab, maby something like this

http://tinypic.com/r/24m5lcw/7

24m5lcw.png

(sorry for the crudeness of this drawing, i made it using MS paint to display an example of what im talking about)

again, i havnt used this software so please excuse my ignorance. i dont know if these requests are already available.

i might be posting about some more requests for this software in due time :) .

oh and btw, i appreciate the work, effor, love, blood, sweat & tears that you have put in to this software, and i think its a pity that this isnt more widely known. :thumbsdown_anim:

id love to tap out an email to a few pc magazines and get them to publish an article about your software.

(just to name a few: Custom PC, PC Format, Micro mart, Computer Shopper)

infact, that might not be a bad idea.

anyway, thanks for reading this far and thanks for taking my thoughts into consideration.

p.s. 1 more thing . . . iv read somewhere else some 1 asking about being able to set the default users docs ( like either the entire user profile or just select folders) on to a different partition/hard drive and somewhere else about being able to set the admin as the default user account, i love those ideas and would jump for joy if these where implemented in your next release aswell.

again. thank you for your time

im now gunna reboot later, after iv finished making my updated, slipstreamed, unatended Windows XP PRO SP3 installation disc using nLite and/or Ryan VM, and give this software a whirl. when im finished ill give you some feed back in a couple of hours/days when im done.

Best Regards,

Nieco

1) It does not show date, but when the SQL database is back online, i may add the date. Malicious Software Removal Tool only downloads the latest.

2) OEM Logo may be implemented when i re-do the Unattended Creator tool

3) You can already set custom user folders (i think) but setting admin as the default account seems unsafe so not sure about that one.

1) It does not show date, but when the SQL database is back online, i may add the date. Malicious Software Removal Tool only downloads the latest.

2) OEM Logo may be implemented when i re-do the Unattended Creator tool

3) You can already set custom user folders (i think) but setting admin as the default account seems unsafe so not sure about that one.

1). ahhhh right, so the dates feture is sortof already implemented, its just not active because of a down sql database, ok i get that (sortof).

EDIT: u put u may add the date, my bad. so u might implement it in, its not already in and not active, ok now i get it. sorry, had to do a double take on that 1.

so if there are updates to updates then your software will only use the latest version, thats good to know. i was hoping that was the case, i didnt like the idea of having an original update and a revised update both being implemented. could cause errors.

2). PLEASE & thankyou, :dribble: :thumbsup_anim:

(oh and dnt forget about the oem info aswell)

3). and about the admin: ok so if setting the admin as active & as the main account is a bit worrying (and i no that it can be a bit dangerous when used constantly while online, eg web browsing while the main admin. NOT A GD IDEA :sweatingbullets: ) then how about a feature where you can activate the admin so you can log in as the admin if you log out from your user account, and the option to add a password to the admin account, as to add more security within it being active in the first place. just dont make the password option mandatory but instead optional (for people who dont want, need, or require a password. eg: for an offline pc).

it would still be brill if you could still add the option to set the admin as the main account and to auto logon to that account (or other accounts). you could just add a popup warning when some 1 activates that option and advise against it, but still allow it at the users own discression. does that sound good ?

EDIT: btw, when i was talking about the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, i was only using as an example, i just wanted to know if it did that with all the updates.

Nieco.

Edited by NTA-217

and be able to give the admin a password? :naughty:

ill be happy to settle at that lol, :P

EDIT: btw, when are you thinking about releasing the W7 Toolkit 0.9.0; end of feb, march, july? :huh:

Edited by NTA-217

• 4 weeks later...

Hey lego, long time no speak, before I start just want say brilliant work with the toolkit, its amazing! I have a few things ill add to this post that you could include in 9.0 can't give em now I'm on my phone and away from my pc + can't remember them off the top of my head lol

Cheers,

Snake

• 2 weeks later...