Windows 7 Toolkit 0.9.0 Requests

Legolash2o

Hi, Lego thanks for this great tool

first, for version 5.5 b14 it always had error "can't connect to wincert"

and i only see 2 tabs solar updates and downloads

for version 9

1- for the component remover i wish it have more components and more details about every component

2- i want more tweaks

other suggest

can windows 7 toolkit work with windows 7 embedded wim file and add packages to it and customize the wim to work with windows 7 ultimate installer

it would be great as windows embedded 7 is mush customizable and cab be built from scratch with desired packages and needs

Why don't you go to the MSFN forums? It seems to me that your software is not popular to recieve a high amount of feedback or intensive testing. It's very promosing (more than RT7 Lite to be honest, that piece of sh*t is damn slow). Here's my wanted list:

My requests:

* More unattended options (an interesting option is enabling the Administrator account for default http://technet.micro...28WS.10%29.aspx)

* Use the SetupComplete.cmd to install the Silent Installers (I believe that you're using your own post-installer, I haven't checked)

* More Reg tweaks like:

[s]REM Show Computer icon on the desktop
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel" /v "{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
REG ADD "HKU\DefaultUser\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel" /v "{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

REM Show User's Files icon on the desktop
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel" /v "{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee}" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
REG ADD "HKU\DefaultUser\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel" /v "{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee}" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f[/s]

Another one for removing the language bar.

* A tool or separated tab for cleaning the WinSXS folder (resource: http://www.out-web.net/?p=623)

Edited by Legolash2o

Disable Language Bar

; Disable Language Bar
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar]
"ShowStatus"=dword:00000003
"Transparency"=dword:000000ff
"Label"=dword:00000001
"ExtraIconsOnMinimized"=dword:00000000

Edited by Legolash2o

Since you kinda complained none has had any problems with the latest version 0.8.5, well lets start:

Not sure which one but one of the options inside de iso maker tool is breaking the image of windows 7 x86.

CAPTURE IMAGE: On the address of capturing an image to a new .wim file we need to capture from a partition itself not from a folder, this was the only way i could make it work just removing the \ after the origin path like in > imagex /capture d: d:\imaging\data.wim "Drive D"

where d: means the origin path, so in the command line used for capturing an image the origin would be a partition.

Mount Registry ever fails if you use PT_BR Enterprise Windows 7 using the same version in an english EN_EN version it works normally because when mounting the registry it needs to give access rights to the "group" "everyone" which in the portuguese brazilian version does not exist, there is only a version called "todos", so you could add a function to check what is the language base from the system where the person is using to build and then adapt the translation.

Some additional problems have happened when integrating addons mainly related to registry in which i used a W7 EN_EN x86 base install and a W7 PT_BR x86 as work image, the main failures were related to runonceex and some other registry. EX: K-lite pack does not get installed(i used the k-lite available for download.

Thanks for the great tools.

Soon a will come back to give some help.

Edited by Legolash2o

OK i am working through the back-log of messages i have received privately with feature requests and adding them, once done i will do the above. Please keep posting bugs you find.

I have removed the download for 0.8.0 Final and kept the 0.8.5 Beta online to make sure the latest is being used so people don't report already fixed bugs :) Please update to v0.8.5.14 :)

SoLoR's site is down, he uploaded sp1 to it and the guy who let him host his list pulled the plug...IDK if he will get a new host or if the guy will bring it back online (I guess this is one downside of attaching the program to a site)

But I see the program still works, it does not even open up the solor tabs ;) gr8 job

Do you have any requests Ricktendo?

Well sorta...

I like to do things manually with waik but it sucks that most the time only the GDR fixes get installed (unless a previous LDR hotfix is installed before), was wondering what command you use to extract updates that are in CAB form and direct dism to integrate both the MUM files

expand ????? & dir /b *.mum etc. etc.

Or IDK if its possible for you to add the functionality to CAB Installer to install/integrate in QFE/LDR mode the updates but to a already previously mounted /image:<path>

CAPTURE IMAGE: On the address of capturing an image to a new .wim file we need to capture from a partition itself not from a folder, this was the only way i could make it work just removing the \ after the origin path like in > imagex /capture d: d:\imaging\data.wim "Drive D"

where d: means the origin path, so in the command line used for capturing an image the origin would be a partition.

Mount Registry ever fails if you use PT_BR Enterprise Windows 7 using the same version in an english EN_EN version it works normally because when mounting the registry it needs to give access rights to the "group" "everyone" which in the portuguese brazilian version does not exist, there is only a version called "todos", so you could add a function to check what is the language base from the system where the person is using to build and then adapt the translation.

Sent you a PM, these two problems should be fixed in v15, there should also be a bunch of fixes in v15 as well as some enhancements i.e. faster addon integration.

Some additional problems have happened when integrating addons mainly related to registry in which i used a W7 EN_EN x86 base install and a W7 PT_BR x86 as work image, the main failures were related to runonceex and some other registry. EX: K-lite pack does not get installed(i used the k-lite available for download.

I need some more information on this issue.