MS Download Center has W7 SP1.

johnhc

As posted on the MSFN forum, SP1 is available on the MS Download Center. I DL'ed the ISO (1.9 GB), extracted it and compared it to the the SP1 I DLed some time ago from the MDL forum. The size and hash are the same (x64). Here are the details for the x64 version:

FILE: windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe

SIZE: 947,070,088 byte

SHA-1: 74865EF2562006E51D7F9333B4A8D45B7A749DAB

MD5: 28D3932F714BF71D78E75D36AA2E0FB8

CRC: 068C79C6

Enjoy, John.

Edited by johnhc

Is it on Microsoft Update yet?

ricktendo64, I think it should be, but I have no systems (HW or VM) without SP1, so am not being offered it. I could not find the single system SP1 on MS DL Center. The notes on the one I did DL says not to use this one to install on only one system but to use WU. Enjoy, John.

.iso file in size of 1.9GB is also on Technet, so I doubt it will be a separate download.

Once extracted this .iso file contains Service Pack 1 for:

Windows 7 x86

Windows 7 x64

Windows Server 2008 R2 x64

in 3 separate files.

Is it on Microsoft Update yet?

ricktendo64, I did an install on VM wth nothing injected and was offered 66 Important Updates by WU, but not SP1. So, I guess this means they are not offering it just yet.

I ran the System Update Readiness Tool for x64, found here, and it found a couple of problems. There was one missing file and one corrupted. It looks like the corrupted one is bad in my SP1 cabinet file I built for the SP1 I DLed from MDL. The missing one is a mystery yet because it is not in the ISO I DLed today either. I wanted to try it on my VM and see what I learn. If anyone else has run this tool, please let me know what your learn. Enjoy, John.

I ran the System Update Readiness (SUR) Tool for x64, found here, and it found a couple of problems. There was one missing file and one corrupted. It looks like the corrupted one is bad in my SP1 cabinet file I built for the SP1 I DLed from MDL. The missing one is a mystery yet because it is not in the ISO I DLed today either. I wanted to try it on my VM and see what I learn. If anyone else has run this tool, please let me know what your learn. Enjoy, John.

I have chased this down and found that SUR is complaining about the files altered in the MDL instructions to make SP1 injectable. I don't know if this presents a problem or not. When SUR runs it replaces the files it finds corrupted, so the changes we apply are removed. I also do not know if this is a problem or not. I would like to hear from anyone with knowledge or information on this. Thanks and enjoy, John.