Vista like Progress Dialog Box

NIM

Progress Dialog Box

Open with Reshacker Shell32.dll and add a new resource and location the BITMAP file

and give a name 701 and language ID is 1033 OR as your Windows Language version.

701.bmp

Navigate to : Dialog -> 1020 -> 1033

1020 DIALOGEX 20, 20, 250, 106
STYLE DS_FIXEDSYS | DS_MODALFRAME | DS_NOIDLEMSG | DS_CENTER | WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU
EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW
CAPTION ""
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
FONT 8, "MS SHELL DLG"
{
CONTROL 701, -1, STATIC, SS_BITMAP | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 0, 81, 267, 25
CONTROL "", 106, "SysAnimate32", ACS_TRANSPARENT | ACS_AUTOPLAY | ACS_TIMER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 10, 0, 250, 25
CONTROL "", 103, STATIC, SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 10, 33, 230, 10
CONTROL "", 105, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 10, 46, 230, 10
CONTROL "", 104, "msctls_progress32", WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 10, 60, 230, 10
CONTROL "Cancel", 2, BUTTON, BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 190, 86, 50, 14
CONTROL "", 106, STATIC, SS_GRAYFRAME | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 0, 80, 250, 1
}

ProgressDialogBox.jpg

Compile the script and save.

============================================================

If you want to change the Progress Bar animation, you should navigate your theme using ResHacker to:

BITMAP -> ROYALE_PROGRESSCHUNKVERT_BMP and

BITMAP -> ROYALE_PROGRESSCHUNK_BMP

Replace the BMPs of these.

============================================================

Progress.rar

• 4 months later...
Thanks N1K.Where should i download theme.

I've edited my first post mate. you can download animation from there..

Here's another step by step way..

Just open "%windir%\System32\Shell32.dll" file in Resource Hacker and then goto:

Dialog -> 1020 -> 1033

Now replace the existing code in right-side pane with the following code:

1020 DIALOGEX 20, 20, 237, 124
STYLE DS_FIXEDSYS | DS_MODALFRAME | DS_NOIDLEMSG | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU
CAPTION ""
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
FONT 8, "MS SHELL DLG"
{

CONTROL "", 103, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 70, 30, 155, 10
CONTROL "", 102, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 70, 45, 155, 10
CONTROL "", 104, "msctls_progress32", PBS_SMOOTH | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 10, 75, 217, 13
CONTROL "", 105, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 70, 60, 155, 10
CONTROL "Time Left:", 0, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 10, 60, 50, 10
CONTROL "File Name:", 0, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 10, 45, 50, 10
CONTROL "Location:", 0, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 10, 30, 50, 10
CONTROL "", 106, "SysAnimate32", ACS_TRANSPARENT | ACS_AUTOPLAY | ACS_TIMER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 0, 0, 236, 25
CONTROL 404, 0, STATIC, SS_BITMAP | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_CLIPSIBLINGS | WS_GROUP, 0, 95, 60, 60
CONTROL "", 0, "SysDateTimePick32", DTS_LONGDATEFORMAT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER, 10, 103, 130, 14
CONTROL "", 0, "SysDateTimePick32", DTS_SHORTDATEFORMAT | DTS_UPDOWN | DTS_TIMEFORMAT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 167, 103, 60, 14
}

Click on Compile Script button.

U'll also hv to replace existing AVIs in the file with new Vista ones. Just download the Vista AVI from the first post and after extracting the AVI from it, replace following AVIs in the Shell32.dll file with this one:

AVI -> 160 ->1033

AVI -> 161 ->1033

AVI -> 162 ->1033

AVI -> 163 ->1033

AVI -> 164 ->1033

And also download a BMP file 404.rar and after extracting the BMP file from it, add it at 404 location in file. Just click on Action -> Add a new resource and then click on Open file with new resource button. Select the downloaded BMP file and click on Open. Now in Resource Name enter 404 and in Resource Language enter 1033 and click on Add Resource button. Thats it.

NOTE:

Please keep in mind that playing with system files using resource hacker can be Dangerous for your system and it can make your system not working.

So use it at your own risk!

I have 2 problems with this, when I compile it, none of the animations show up and it also wont let me save it. I managed the saving part, I booted in safe mode and renamed the original and copied it over. now as for it not showing up right, is there a solution? I'm doing everything in the posts above. also, the AVI files are in the Shell32.dll file but they dont show, I also added it to AVI>169 and also 170 (only cause I want them that way too.

Update: I forgot I was using window blinds and it was overriding the default animations.

Edited by Drake

I have 2 problems with this, when I compile it, none of the animations show up and it also wont let me save it. I managed the saving part, I booted in safe mode and renamed the original and copied it over. now as for it not showing up right, is there a solution? I'm doing everything in the posts above. also, the AVI files are in the Shell32.dll file but they dont show, I also added it to AVI>169 and also 170 (only cause I want them that way too.

Update: I forgot I was using window blinds and it was overriding the default animations.

So it's working for you Drake?

If yes, can you please help windowsguy since he's having problems with it...

Thx

its working fine, other than the file copy animation is smaller than the dialog box itself and it has a blank spot on the left side. here is a screen shot....also keep in mind that I'm using a window blinds theme so the progress bar is from the theme I'm using.

Update:

as for windowguy, if you want a different progress bar, I would recommend using a theme similiar to vista. as for me i'm still tweaking it....

Update:

its working fine, other than the file copy animation is smaller than the dialog box itself and it has a blank spot on the left side. here is a screen shot....also keep in mind that I'm using a window blinds theme so the progress bar is from the theme I'm using.

Update:

Fixed the gap issue, the box was too long so I shortened it, a lil bit.

Update:

ok I guess I didnt fix it, even when I resized the dialog box, it still show a gap as the picture I posted above, is there a fix for this?

post-2835-1187905377_thumb.jpg

post-2835-1187905462_thumb.jpg

Edited by N1K

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...