Windows 7 Toolkit v1.0.1 BETA

Legolash2o

I have finished converting the program to C# with all the features from the previous 0.8.5 (VB .NET).

Note: I know Unattended Creator is disabled, it did not work properly in the last version and will be recreated from scratch.

>>>>Download<<<<

Firstly, i thought i'd let you know that W7T is the first program of its kind to integrate your favourite programs into your Windows 7 installation disk!

All-In-One Integrator

This tool is probably the most famous tool of them all, it allows you to integrate your Updates, Drivers, Addons (*.WA files), Registry Tweaks and comes with a load of tools to help those advanced users including installing your updates in LDR/QFE Mode.

Component Removal

This tool lets you remove those built-in packages which comes with windows! Windows Media Player/Center, IIS, Inbox Games, Internet Exlorer, the list can go on...

Silent Installers

This tool lets you add you silent installers, it even gives you the option to prompt you which programs you want to install when Windows has finished installing, letting you install different programs for different computers.

Addon Maker

This tool his helpful for creating your own addons, although you do need to use a program like InstallWatch to let you know what happens during an installation of a program you want to make into an addon.

Capture Image

Either add an image to an existing WIM or make a completely new WIM!

Feature Manager WIM

This tool lets you manage which features are enabled/disabled after installation of Windows..

ISO Maker

This one is pretty self-explanatory, let's you create .ISO files to burn onto disk.

Registry Hive Mounter

Need to edit the registry of a specific WIM Image? Then this is the tool for you, apply you favourite performance tweaks before the OS is even installed!!!

WIM Manager

This ultimate WIM Manager tools. Rename, Mount, Export, Capture, Rebuild, Apply Unattended and that's just a start.

WIM Splitter

This tool lets you split your WIM file into multiple *.swm files

CAB Installer

Installs any cab updates you have to your currently installed OS, even in QFE/LDR mode.

CAB Retriever

When Windows Update downloads updates, its keeps a cab file in a download folder, this tool gets them so you can integrate them into your image, just incase the main list is not up-to-date.

Cleanup Tool

Helps cleanup unwanted temp files which W7T forgets to delete after closing and some other stuff.

Feature Manager OS

Lets you enable or disable features on your currently installed operating system.

Language Pack Converter

This tool helps you get the lp.cab file from the .exe you download, it can even do a whole bunch in one automated go. However you must be using the same OS version for the language you are converting i.e. x64 Windows for x64 Language Packs or x86 Windows for x86 Language Packs.

MSU to CAB Converter

Converts those MSU update files to .CAB files.

MSP Extractor

Lets you get the .msp file from your Microsoft Office Updates

Changelog

• Converted to C#
  • FIX: Bug fixes notices when re-writing program.

Edited by Legolash2o

Downloaded latest - looks good except I saw no way to integrate SP1. The Updates tab > Add Updates > Select Updates had only .MSU and .CAB files as options - will converting the .EXE to .CAB first then selecting it work?

Using the MakeCab.exe program Win7 64bit version I converted windows6.1-KB976932-x86.exe and windows6.1-KB976932-x64.exe to windows6.1-KB976932-x86.cab and windows6.1-KB976932-x64.cab. I then started Win7 Toolkit 1.0.1.1 and selected each of them, in turn, to see what would happen.

I went to Updates > Add Updates and selected the appropriate .CAB file and got a "File not supported" error message - so it appears trying to go that route is unsucceesful. I just had to try to satisfy my curiosity.

One question:

At the page that has the Addons/Updates/Drivers/Tweaks/Options tabs and Options is selected > scrolling down to the heading Drivers and the option Search Sub-folders is checked that does mean that if I create a folder/subfolder assemby that has, for example:

Win7 Drivers

Monitor

Chipset

Lan

Intel RST

Etc

I can safely select only the Win7 Drivers folder and all subfolders will automatically be included wwhen I click Start. That is how I read it and I am asking just to be sure.

Another question:

Options > Scrolling down to Updates - option to Install updates in LDR/QFE mode - please explain - I, for one, have no idea what the difference is if this box is checked versus not checked.

Thanks for all your work.

Toolkit 1.0.1.5

SoLor Updates > Date (MM/DD/YY) - the dates of the items shown does not comply with the format depicted - they are shown as: 3/4/2011 when they should be: 03/04/11.

Later that same day:

Toolkit 1.0.1.5

Options > Misc > Windows 7 Toolkit set to Normal

Options > Misc > External Apps set to Normal

Options > Misc > DISM set to Normal

Options > Misc > W7TTemp Folder set to Z:\Temp (my environmental setting for Temp)

Options > Misc > W7T Mount Folder set to \Win7 Toolkit\Mount (my creation for the Mount folder)

Apply Settings clicked > Options > Misc closed and got the Welcome to Windows 7 Toolkit desktop.

Went back and opened Options > Misc - all of the boxes were empty; none of the setting selections were maintained; all of the boxes were empty.

Either I did something wrong; which is not obvious - or the settings did not take in a configuration? fle somewhere?

Edited by ChiefZeke

Toolkit 1.0.1.5

SoLor Updates > Date (MM/DD/YY) - the dates of the items shown does not comply with the format depicted - they are shown as: 3/4/2011 when they should be: 03/04/11.

Later that same day:

Toolkit 1.0.1.5

Options > Misc > Windows 7 Toolkit set to Normal

Options > Misc > External Apps set to Normal

Options > Misc > DISM set to Normal

Options > Misc > W7TTemp Folder set to Z:\Temp (my environmental setting for Temp)

Options > Misc > W7T Mount Folder set to \Win7 Toolkit\Mount (my creation for the Mount folder)

Apply Settings clicked > Options > Misc closed and got the Welcome to Windows 7 Toolkit desktop.

Went back and opened Options > Misc - all of the boxes were empty; none of the setting selections were maintained; all of the boxes were empty.

Either I did something wrong; which is not obvious - or the settings did not take in a configuration? fle somewhere?

Beta 6 released, fixing all of the above issues.

Build 7 has been released. A few more tweaks have been added to AIO Integrator and a couple of bugfixes and enhancements :)

Tools Manager

As you can see there are two new buttons, Create AIO Image and Download Addons.

AIO Creator

This lets you create an AIO disk, where for example you have have both x86 and x64 images in one disk. You can choose as many WIM files as you like!

Unattended Creator - Work-In-Progress!

Unattended tool will not work yet but i thought i would put an image up so you can see what it will look like and give feedback.

Edited by Legolash2o

build 10 released, it now automatically integrates IDE, SCSI and SATA drivers into the boot.wim as well as the image. (anything listed as 'HDC' or 'SCSIAdapater' in drivers list) :D

Working on language pack integration next.

EDIT: next build will also integrate video drivers which did not integrate before, mostly nVidia!

Edited by Legolash2o

Hello ppl , first of all ...

and second , gettin' straight to the point... i have a question..maybe a stupid one, maybe not..

Legolas , why does it takes so much time to change default background ? i've been waitin' for 18 minutes now and it's still at "Change default background". (The picture has less then 1Mb. 571 kb acctualy) . Sorry for my poor english.

Regards ,

Sorin.

Nice tool btw! I didn't test it all , but i like that it integrates the .inf drivers much quicker then rt7lite.

Hmm normally it does change default background quicker... I'll have a look into that :)

It's basically just a copy and paste...

EDIT: Fixed it, seems like a bug. Going to release new version as soon as i've finished checking for similar bugs :)

EDIT: Released.

Edited by Legolash2o