Windows 7 Toolkit v1.0.1 BETA

Legolash2o

I ain't gonna rush lol, probably Saturday when it will be released. I do not understand your last question. ("Do you have any issue at the date of publication may occur.")

Do you have any information on when is the date of publication. Sorry my bad English :)

Probably Saturday, i got a big todo list (excluding Unattended stuff). At the minute im just testing the Logon Background tweak.

EDIT: It worked.

EDIT: Also fixed the Move/Copy To Folders, actually i didn't program them in, thought i had!

Edited by Legolash2o

Login screen does not change yet. Backround wallpaper will change as it should.

I was not able at all to make the AIO version of this version of the program.

Previous work really well. All tweakit are still not available. For example, move to folder, copy the folder are not available.

Only part of the gadgets, integrates

Good luck :confused02:

ERROR !

These should all be fixed. I stopped it showing the big error but not sure what caused the problem, it's best not to run the program of a mapped network drive.

Win7 Toolkit 1.0.1.21

Services tab - Name and Description and Setting headings

I noticed that the information shown under the Description heading was truncated, did not count letters to see how much information was missing when compared to the actual Services listing but incomplete information is as bad as no information at all.

I would suggest you review http://www.blackvipe...configurations/ as a valuable source of Services information and a listing of recommended settings for Win7 versions: Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise

Obviously check with Black Viper prior to infringing on his posted information if it is worthwhile to link or add information about his site.

Removed description column and just made them tooltips on mouse hover, there seemed to be a limit on characters which made them look truncated.

While repairing errors, could you add a new feature, namely the "add background images. " Succeed in bringing the threat now, but not very easily. :dribble:

"Only part of the gadgets, integrates

Previous work really well. All tweakit are still not available. For example, move to folder, copy the folder are not available.

I need more info."

Over 900 gadget is a list, and integrates more than 88. Then when I go to watch a folder C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets..... There is no more than the standard number of gadgets.

"I've fixed a big bug, so hopefully will work now, i will test tomorrow." I

I am now using version W7T101-21B, you released a newer version?:icon_cool:

Gadgets should now be sorted, i tested and worked in VirtualBox.

Please explain the "add background images" feature you want. I'm guessing you just want to add desktop background to the image? :P

Edited by Legolash2o

These should all be fixed. I stopped it showing the big error but not sure what caused the problem, it's best not to run the program of a mapped network drive.

Removed description column and just made them tooltips on mouse hover, there seemed to be a limit on characters which made them look truncated.

Gadgets should now be sorted, i tested and worked in VirtualBox.

Please explain the "add background images" feature you want. I'm guessing you just want to add desktop background to the image? :P

Yes. I want to add wallpapers. I have previously made ​​a "hard"landing imagen, adding images and compressing them imagen. Probably find an easier way.:rolleyes:

Yes. I want to add wallpapers. I have previously made ​​a "hard"landing imagen, adding images and compressing them imagen. Probably find an easier way.:rolleyes:

To test the latest version and declare a success.

To test the latest version and declare a success.

The same number of gadgets even further integration of the folder is 914, after the installation of them is 88

c: \ Program Files ... \ folder is not defined, non-standard gadgets. Tested with VirtualBox.

The same number of gadgets even further integration of the folder is 914, after the installation of them is 88

c: \ Program Files ... \ folder is not defined, non-standard gadgets. Tested with VirtualBox.

c: \ Program Files ... \ folder contains only a constant number of gadgets.

Log on screen and back round image does not change. Tested in both Finland and England and versions. Also, x86 / x64.

No changes.

Tested in virtualbox

Can you please provide a link to the "non-standard gadgets" please?

I downloaded the gadget package, which has more than 1,000 gadgets and remove them completely useless. Useless gadgets around 300 Use Google to search for the gadget package. It has been over a year when I downloaded it.

RT is a competing programmer could Gadgets addition to, but you made ​​the programming is more accurate and 7Toolkit not tilt the middle of everything.

Edited by TH-TECH

Hi again !

I think that you already know this, but I sometimes found on the Internet that list, and I thought I'd start to encode a similar program. Programming, however, ran out of time shortage. I hope to come to at least some help to you.

Windows / system 32

Imageres.dll = Icons, Log-on screen (5031-5044),

Shell32.dll = control panel side image (632-635), Icons

Timedate.cpl = Clock

Wmploc.dll = WMP Background (folder 257/LIBRARY_BACKGROUND7.PNG for the mainimage, and image 5321 for the minimized screen).

(Also same files as above in Windows\SysWOW64.)

The 3 files needed for 3rd party themes to work, found in system 32 folder.

themeservice.dll

themeui.dll

uxtheme.dll

Windows\System32\Oobe,

Background.bmp = one of the installation screens, not sure which justexperiment.

Spwizimg.dll = Installation screens and box (bitmap\516-518).

FirstUXres.Wim = This is the screen during installation with the "checkinggraphics performance" screen. To open this i recommend GImageX

Windows / Branding

Shellbrd.dll = The windows logo in system propertys. (bitmap/1050)

Basebrd.dll = Various Windows seven logos.

Windows / eHome,

Ehres.dll = media center background (Rcdata\COMMON.ANIMATED.BACKGROUND.PNG)

Windows

Explorer.exe = Start orb (bitmap\6801-6812), start menu user pictureframe(bitmap\7013).

Windows\system32,

Setup.bmp = Installation screen

Winpe.bmp = installatin screen

Windows\Sources,

background.bmp = installation screen

background_cli.bmp = installation screen

Spwizimg.dll = Installation screens and box (bitmap\516-518).

:type: :help:

Hi

MSU>CAB converter gives an error.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex, dize uzunlugundan buyuk olamaz.

Parametre adı: startIndex

konum: System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)

konum: W7T.frmMSUtoCAB.AddToList(String Filename, String InfoFile, ListView Listname)

konum: W7T.frmMSUtoCAB.cmdAU_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

it says that startindex can't be bigger than its lenght.

win7sp0, W7T 1.0.1.22

Plesae fix it.

Cheers.

W7Toolkit Services

From "Windows 7 Inside Out" page 790: A service is a specialized program that performs a function to support other programs. Many services operate at a very low level (by interacting directly with

hardware, for example) and need to run even when no user is logged on.

From page 791: Most of the essential services are set to start automatically when your computer starts, and the operating system stops them as part of the shutdown process.

From page 793: Setting Startup Options

Automatic (Delayed Start): The service starts shortly after the computer starts in order to improve startup performance and user experience.

Automatic: The service starts when the computer starts.

Manual: The service doesn't start automatically at startup, but it can be started by a user, program, or dependent service.

Disabled: The service can't be started.

So, given the above information, when W7Toolkit is started and the Service tab is selected how is the W7Toolkit user supposed to know the optimum selection. When I go to the Services tab all of the

Services are listed by Name with an unchecked box and a Setting of either Automatic (Delayed Start) or Automatic or Disabled or Manual. I know that moving the mouse over each Name brings up the tool

tip box with a description of what the Service does but it does not provide a recommended setting.

My recommended solution is to remove the check box from the left of the Name and create multiple check boxes to the right of Name column but part of the Setting column with these boxes labelled for

the four options: Automatic (Delayed Start), Automatic, Disabled, and Manual.

To provide "Recommended Settings" I would recommend the information provided by Black Viper at the location http://www.blackviper.com/ - the user could peruse the information and select settings

appropriate to the operating system in use. (Permission of Black Viper should be sought to include his listing in the W7Toolkit.)

Dont mean to sound cheeky..........But its about time this app ruled the Win7 seen again!!!

Thanks for the update & good luck with it!!!

EDIT:- YES 'Component Remover' i look forward to more updates on this one.

Cheers, James

Edited by jamesbebby

Lego, when you are publishing a revised version. We all look forward to it. :manual:

I have not worked on the program over the bank holiday weekend. I'm just going to fix the bug mentioned above, release it and then gradually work on the other features...

EDIT: Bug fixed, just working on another bug. I will be working on requests, suggestions, etc.. from tomorrow.

Edited by Legolash2o

Hey Lego

Did you get your invitation towel for the Royal wedding?

Forget fixing bugs for a while. Go and tell us about ceremony on Friday :)

Kiss Catherine Middleton for me :dribble:

No lol, why would i of got invited :P To be honest i couldnt care less about the wedding, most people i know don't care either lol.

Edited by Legolash2o

Thank you !

Testing now :type:

:thumbsup_anim: Now the screen switches login backround. It would seem a good version. Thank you very much. Tomorrow's day wears when making the new media.

Good job. This is a good start. Thank you.:thumbsup_anim: :dribble:

Gadgets work too....

Edited by TH-TECH