Windows 7 Toolkit v1.0.1 BETA

Legolash2o

Win7 Toolkit 1.0.1.23 Primary Operating system: Win7 Ultimate 64-bit w/SP1.

Using 7Zip on windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe (Win7 SP1 64-bit) the following .CAB files were extracted: windows6.1-KB976902-X64.cab and windows6.1-KB976932-X64.cab. The file windows6.1-KB976932-X64.cab contains the updates and according to this Microsoft download: "Hotfixes and Security Updates included in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.xls" there are almost 800 hotfixes and security updates in SP1.

The Win7 Toolkit is used and the two CAB files extracted from windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe are included as updates when selected using the Updates + Languages tab and then the 148 downloads made using the SoLor update list are also included in Updates + Languages tab. Are these updates from SoLor all Win7 updates applicable to Win7 with SP1 or Win7 with or without SP1?

Obviously there is a mismatch between the almost 800 listed in the Microsoft XLS file and the 148 I had downloaded from SoLOr when the link was available but no mention is made by SoLor or in the Win7 Toolkit forum about the applicability of these SoLor downloads and the conditions under which they should be used; with Sp1 or not?

Please clarify their use; assuming they become available again in the future.

Yes and probably would integrate them, although it uses Imagex to mount but DISM for everything else. I have not tested if W7T runs properly on Vista.

If you are using Windows 7 to integrate into Vista then everything should work fine. :)

ok...so..

first point : For Lego...

The Prefetcher is a component of versions of Microsoft Windows starting with Windows XP.[1] It is a component of the Memory Manager that speeds up the Windows boot process, and shortens the amount of time it takes to start up programs. In Windows Vista, SuperFetch and ReadyBoost [2] extend upon the prefetcher and attempt to accelerate application and boot launch times respectively by monitoring and adapting to usage patterns over periods of time and loading the majority of the files and data needed by them into memory so that they can be accessed very quickly when needed. (The prefetch and super prefetch :) ) (wikipedia).

second point : got lots of errors on the new version.

everything with Add , Disable 8.3 NameCreation , Disable AutoReboot after installing updates, Disable automatic reboot on BSOD, highlighting of new programs, hibernation, lastfile access stamp, low disk space notify, paging executive, enable prefetcher, disable tool tips, disable User account control, cd/dvd burning, error reporting, windows media player autoupdates, mouse speed, boot defrag, windows version on desktop , enable gadgets with uac off, enable msi service in safe mode , faster browsing in ie, instant taskbar preview , kill services quicker , larger taskbar preview, remove default program from start menu , show run in start menu , show downloads , remove documents, remove drivers & printers .. and a few others..sorry for not posting it entirely , but i don't have the time...

hi mate i tried cab installer it shows installing cabs but doesn,t actually install them any ideas,by the way great tool kit.also when it installs the cabs it goes from 1 to 195 in 2mins only.tried 5 times same results.

Edited by reptile

Hey

Maybe Legolash2o should look into it.

(another bug-bugs)

Regards Ripmeoff

Is it possible to rebuild that image somehow corrupts imagea?

I tried to do without one imagen that I used to rebuild and it worked

I'll try yet again to a larger number of drivers. The driver problem is a whole new problem here is the latest version. :wub_anim:

All these changes will be in build 26 when released.

hi mate i tried cab installer it shows installing cabs but doesn,t actually install them any ideas,by the way great tool kit.also when it installs the cabs it goes from 1 to 195 in 2mins only.tried 5 times same results.

Fixed, also i've made it check if it needs to restart, it used to just prompt to restart even if Windows didnt need too but now it actually checks.

Hey You Guys

Maybe someone can help me ????

WHY can't I Add theese drivers to W7T101-25B i use them for my usb3 (It works in Rt se7en lite) maybe i'am doing something wrong ???

http://www.mediafire...q3/nusb3hub.inf

http://www.mediafire...hc/nusb3xhc.inf

http://www.mediafire...d2/nusb3xhc.sys

http://www.mediafire...xn/nusb3xhc.cat

http://www.mediafire...eh/nusb3hub.cat

http://www.mediafire...a6/nusb3hub.sys

Regards Ripmeoff :help:

Was a strange problem, but i've fixed and you can now add this driver to the AIO Drivers list.

+don't know why , when i've tried to add the drivers , the normal way and updates..i get BSOD.why?!?! ...i don't know.

It's normally drivers which cause this, there is nothing i can really do as W7T uses DISM which is owned by Microsoft. The only thing which can be done is find out which driver is causing it and then maybe upload it so i can see what would make that driver BSOD.

Is it possible to rebuild that image somehow corrupts imagea?

I tried to do without one imagen that I used to rebuild and it worked

I'll try yet again to a larger number of drivers. The driver problem is a whole new problem here is the latest version. :wub_anim:

Is this the rebuild feature on the AIO Integrator or WIM Manager?

i could add "/CHECK" /VERIFY to the imagex commands, but it will slow things down. It's upto you guys.:)

EDIT: I'll add both checks but will let you disabled them in Options (enabled by default) though. I'm working on this now, shouldn't take long, then i will release build 26.

Edited by Legolash2o

Is this the rebuild feature on the AIO Integrator or WIM Manager? i could add "/CHECK" to the imagex commands, not sure if that would help. :)

I've used both, but if I make a super-image for example, Ultimate delete all other versions. After that I Rebuil Image.

Then the integration of drivers etc.

Driver integration worked well in previous versions. I guess that some drivers will go wrong, or the boot image when they should go to the install image.

Forces you to tinker with these problems.

Edited by Legolash2o

I've used both, but if I make a super-image for example, Ultimate delete all other versions. After that I Rebuil Image.

Then the integration of drivers etc.

Driver integration worked well in previous versions. I guess that some drivers will go wrong, or the boot image when they should go to the install image.

Forces you to tinker with these problems.

Best to rebuild after driver/update integration as well. Seriously, there is nothing i can do about drivers BSOD, that issue is with Microsoft and Driver provider.

Have you had time to plan whether it is possible to modify setup time wallpapers, and other improvements to what I suggested.

Not yet, although i already know how to change setup background. I've been working, i don't spend all my spare time on W7T. :P

Hi Lego!

It seems that Build .26 is a winner. Now I got the driver for the integrated 1600, 987 gadget, 1500, wallpaper, and more than 500 themes. Also updates including IE-9 is integrated.

Now I'm trying to do here yet AIO imagen and tested in a real environment. This now works when tested VirtualBox.

Good job .. :thumbsup_anim:

The few requests if you are able to meet yet I'm quite sure that this program is a class of kingship.

:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by TH-TECH