Windows 7 Toolkit v1.0.1 BETA

Legolash2o

Still i can't fix it until i get more info and preferably a print screen as well :P

i.e. What version of windows was you trying to integrate it into. Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Windows 7 Home Premium x86, etc... Was it a jpg, bmp... you selected?

Edited by Legolash2o

W7Toolkit 1.0.1.43 and Win7 Ultimate 64-bit w/SP1

The W7Toolkit file Settings.Txt contains those items the user has set when Options > Main and Options > Misc have been selected and Apply Settings is invoked. (It would be easier to read the text file if the settings were listed alphbetically.)

One of the items in Settings.txt: sSolDownload=\Win7 Toolkit\SoLor\ points to the location of the SoLor Updates. When SoLor Updates is selected a double paned window appears and in the left window the top Select Type box includes this same location setting with a Browse button available to change that setting. I would change this from Select Type:, which is really misnamed to Select Location: - this is what it actually is doing.

Next is another Select Type: box which can be changed depending on the whether Win7 x64 or x86 or Office 2010 x64 or x86 is selected. The SoLor button, when selected takes the user to the SoLor FTP web site.

The right window pane is a listing of KB numbers updated/added/removed by date. (I'm not sure how useful this is as I doubt anyone is going to go through the listing and select itmes in the left pane based on what they read in the right pane.)

So, with the location of the x86 SoLOr updates showing in the top Select Type: box and the bottom Select Type: box showing Windows 7 x86 why is that if I now select Scan am I presented with a Note - Please make sure you select the folder with x86 updates! This should be self-evident by the items already selected and visible in the boxes in question.

If I then select the OK button, from the Note box (above) I am presented with a Browse For Folder box - why? That information has already been presented and shown in the Select Type: boxes. (Extra steps would seem to not be needed and can be changed as necessary when SoLOr Updates is initially selected.)

Edited by Legolash2o

W7Toolkit 1.0.1.43 and Win7 Ultimate 64-bit w/SP1

The W7Toolkit file Settings.Txt contains those items the user has set when Options > Main and Options > Misc have been selected and Apply Settings is invoked. (It would be easier to read the text file if the settings were listed alphbetically.)

OK, i've put them in alphabetical order, although i wasn't actually expecting anyone to read through the text file regularly.

One of the items in Settings.txt: sSolDownload=\Win7 Toolkit\SoLor\ points to the location of the SoLor Updates. When SoLor Updates is selected a double paned window appears and in the left window the top Select Type box includes this same location setting with a Browse button available to change that setting. I would change this from Select Type:, which is really misnamed to Select Location: - this is what it actually is doing.

That was an accident, changed it to 'Location'.

Next is another Select Type: box which can be changed depending on the whether Win7 x64 or x86 or Office 2010 x64 or x86 is selected. The SoLor button, when selected takes the user to the SoLor FTP web site.

You didn't specify what you wanted changing, so i don't know why i mentioned it.

The right window pane is a listing of KB numbers updated/added/removed by date. (I'm not sure how useful this is as I doubt anyone is going to go through the listing and select itmes in the left pane based on what they read in the right pane.)

So, with the location of the x86 SoLOr updates showing in the top Select Type: box and the bottom Select Type: box showing Windows 7 x86 why is that if I now select Scan am I presented with a Note - Please make sure you select the folder with x86 updates! This should be self-evident by the items already selected and visible in the boxes in question.

If I then select the OK button, from the Note box (above) I am presented with a Browse For Folder box - why? That information has already been presented and shown in the Select Type: boxes. (Extra steps would seem to not be needed and can be changed as necessary when SoLOr Updates is initially selected.)

Removed the 'Scan' button and replace it with a Show/Hide Changelog button. Some people do actually read the changelog. But again, you didnt specify how you would like it changed, but it's changed now anyway :P

Tried to integrate windows 7 drivers from driverpacks. Windows 7 Toolkit doesn't integrate all of them. I tried 5 packs (mass storage, chipset, LAN, WLAN, card readers). Only 204 drivers from 262 were integrated (i used windows 7 sp1 x86 msdn/technet edition).

rt 7 lite 1.7.0 rc integrated all 262 drivers.

Since driverpacks has mixed packs af vista/seven drivers, i sorted them out (for the 5 packs mentioned above) for x86 here... http://www.mediafire.com/?89si278a6scex81 and for x64 here... http://www.mediafire.com/?rq2ec9hk91ecipn

also updated the sb8xx amd raid driver from the latest 10.5 x86/x64 version. Hope the two links help. :)

i didn't try to integrate x64 drivers into a x64 win 7 sp1 build, so it's possible there are more/less than 262 drivers for x64 in that pack.

also, the name of the file doesn't matter (as I've wrongfully assumed) for the integration process... windows 7 toolkit integrates both .infs for intel ahci/raid (the older version is still needed for some unsupported southbridges in 10.5.0.1026), as you can see here... http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/387/integrateddrivers.png

Hoping you'll have the time to figure out why aren't all the drivers integrated. Thanks. :)

Edited by RicaNeaga

I noticed when I last used their driver packs they had some x64 drivers mixed with the x86 ones, W7T will not integrate x64 updates into x86 and visa-versa. It sones won't integrate old drivers either, this is some I've done on purpose to help prevent BSODs.

That's why I sorted them out, and kept only windows seven ones. hope i didn't miss something. :) and for sure there is no x64 driver in the x86 pack. ;)

but 60 drivers... that's more than 20%.. I really think they are much more careful than that.

once again, hope you'll have the time to check on this matter. :)

to RicaNeaga , it doesn't integrate all the drivers because the driverspack contains 3 sorts of items: .exe .dll and .inf . W7L integrates only .inf . i think this is the problem..

Edited by Sorin

do the drivers add to the list when you click 'Add Drivers' in AIO Integrator.

yes, they do, at first, as you can see here... http://imageshack.us/m/219/129/beforeadd.png

afterwards, only 203/262 are considered ok by win 7 toolkit to be integrated, as you can see here... http://imageshack.us/m/17/405/afteradd.png

made some further investigations on which drivers are skipped by your tool. So:

lan - 63/66 - only 3 missing - decent

card readers - 20/23 - only 3 missing - mediocre

mass storage - 57/64 - 7 missing - bad :(

wireless - 40/53 - 13 missing - very bad :(

chipset - 23/56 - 33 missing - catastrophic. :(

What chipset drivers are skipped? AMD SMS bus, AMD USB Filter (booo! very useful drivers!), 2 usb 3.0 drivers (booo! again), and 28(!!!) intel chipset drivers.

I've also tried to integrate from the win7 folder of the official unpacked intel chipset infinst tool, which is also present in driverpacks (and my mediafire link), and win 7 toolkit integrates only 1(!!!) driver from that win7 folder, which containes 27(!!!) drivers. this is the folder i'm reffering to... http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/7315/intelchipsetdrivers.png

In my opinion, there's much work to be done regarding drivers integration. Of course there can be reasons like drivers that are too old or some other motives, but the amd/intel/usb 3.0 drivers for example MUST be integrated. So I ask you once again to find the time needed for investigating this matter, as comprehensive as you can, and NOT only the obvious ones I mentioned above. Thanks. :)

@Sorin Salut! Nope, there are 262 .infs in that pack. all you had to do is to have downloaded it, from my previous mediafire link, and not make suppositions. :)

Edited by RicaNeaga

Is there any possibility to speed up the W7 toolkit driver integration. I try to do three kinds of collections. All x86 versions with really old drivers, very slow / old machines.

x86-x64 editions where the most common drivers and

x64 Ultimate / Professional with really special drivers. And very much tuned.

Drivers in the integration takes a really long time even though I have the Core i7-950, 12GB-.Ram, Raid-0 etc.:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by TH-TECH