Windows 7 Finished Requests

Legolash2o

Windows 7 Toolkit with multilanguage support. If possible to create, i translate to hungarian;)

As i have said to other people before, i will be leaving that till last as it's a MASSIVE thing to implement and still not sure how i am going to do that yet :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally this should NEVER be skipped\removed as this partition is VITAL if you want to fix your system while it is offline.

In fact, I used the machine where that was removed. It is possible. Is it useful ?.... I do not know.

Dig from the server that removal instructions. Lego make a decision then whether this is correct or not!

:sleeping_03anim:

uups! I have yet to even look at what is there muuta.Kuvapaikkaa (OEM LOGO) I could not find. Can it be added.

You said you could not find OEM LOGO.

OEM logo is there, it's at the very bottom 'Logo'.

I told you where it is...

How would it change installation in the back round? :questionmark:

You didnt mention background in the first message. What is 'muuta.Kuvapaikkaa'?

Req: restore previous folder/s windows at logon.

Req: Show menu bar when accessing Computer.

Req: Notification area - Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar . (if it's possible)

Req: Add Network Desktop icon for all users.

Edited by Legolash2o

Req: restore previous folder/s windows at logon.

Req: Show menu bar when accessing Computer.

Req: Notification area - Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar . (if it's possible)

Req: Add Network Desktop icon for all users.

All of them in build 32 when released.

In fact, I used the machine where that was removed. It is possible. Is it useful ?.... I do not know.

Dig from the server that removal instructions. Lego make a decision then whether this is correct or not!

It is not possible to do this using W7T so it can't be implemented.

Also, you mentioned improved Silent Installer, what exactly needs improving?

W7T 1.0.1.22 - I'm running Win7 Ultimate 64-bit with SP1

Services Tab - items shown here when I start Services.msc but not shown in W7T 1.0.1.22 or have differences in the listing

Application Host Helper Service Started Automatic

Application Layer Gateway Service is shown here but W7T Services is: Application Layer Gateway

ASP.NET State Service Manual

BitLocker Drive Encryption Service Disabled

Client for NFS Started Automatic

DCOM Server Process Launcher Started Automatic

Diagnostic Policy Service is shown here but W7T Services is: Diagnostic Policy

Fax Disabled

Group Policy Client Started Automatic

IIS Admin Service Started Automatic

LPD Service Started Automatic

Media Center Extender Service Disabled

Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v2.0.50727_X64 Disabled

Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X64 Started Automatic (Delayed Start)

Microsoft Antimalware Service Started Automatic

Microsoft FTP Service Started Automatic

Microsoft Network Inspection Started Manual

Network Store Interface Service is shown here but W7T Service is: Network Store Interface

Plug and Play Started Automatic

Power Started Automatic

Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Started Automatic [This is a separate listing from Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator as shown in W7T]

RPC Endpoint Mapper Started Automatic

Seaport Started Automatic

Secure Socker Tunneling Protocol Service is shown here but W7T is: Secure Socker Tunneling Protocol

Security Accounhts Manager Started Automatic

Software Protection AutoMatic (Delayed Start)

User Profile Service Started Automatic

Web Management Service Manual

Windows Activation Technologies Service Manaul

Windows Audio Started Automatic

Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Started Automatic

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Manual

Windows Font Cache Service is shown here but W7T is: Windows Font Cache

Windows Installer Manual

Windows Live Familt Safety Service Manual

Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant Started Automatic

Windows Live Mesh remote connections service Disabled

Windows Management Instrumentation Started Automatic

Windows Media Center Receiver Service Disabled

Windows Media Center Schedular Service Disabled

Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service is shown here but W7T is: Windows Media Player Network Sharing

Windows Modules Installer Manual

Windows Presentation FoundationFont Cache 3.0.0.0 Started Manual

Windows ProcessActivation Service Started Manual

Workstation Started Automatic

World Wide Web Publishing Service Disabled

I have added most of these for build 34, the ones which have the word 'Service' missing is done on purpose because it's obvious it's a service lol :P

Some have not been added because they are not safe to disable, edit or don't come with Windows (i.e. Windows Live ones)

I have made sure that all services in the list have descriptions.

W7 Toolkit 1.0.1.25 - Win7 Ultimate w/SP1

When SoLor updates are selected the first time I can understand the need to select the updates by putting check marks in the boxes. That should not be required on subsequent selections of the SoLor updates - W7Toolkit should 'remember' the location of the downloads and which ones were checked - I should only have to put a check mark in the box of any new releases provided by SoLor.

Also, the reverse should be automatic; if an update has been removed from the list and SoLor updates is selected then W7Toolkit should compare the new SoLor updates to what is already in the download folder and delete any updates not on the most recent list from SoLor. I say this not knowing if SoLor generates a script of some kind that can be compared to what was on a previous download list so that w7Toolkit can compare the two and take action as necessary. If this can't be done or would be too difficult to program then please say so and ignore this recommendation.

1. I have added a 'Scan' button where you can browse to a folder you have previously downloaded files too, if it detects a file which is not downloaded but in the list, it will tick that update for you to download. I can still make it remember the last place they where downloaded to and make it 'Scan' automatically if you wish?

2. Removing old updates is a risky one but i have added a panel on the right showing SoLoR's change-log. I hope that will do.

These will be in build 34B

Edited by Legolash2o

W7Toolkit 1.0.1.34 and Win7 Ultimate w/SP1

For the installation and future use of the W7Toolkit I had created folders/subfolders as follows:

\Win7Toolkit

\\Addons

\\Logs

\\Updates 32

\\Updates 64

The main program in \Win7Toolkit; \Addons for those programs; \Logs - when/if the W7Toolkit creates them (see previous comments in this forum somewhere, right now I don't remember the location); \Updates ** for the appropriate SoLOr downloads.

I would much prefer the W7Tookit be written to remember where the \Updates ** folder(s) is/are located and search them for comparison with the latest from SoLor when that option is selected.

To maintain consistency with what is shown when Services.MSC is run and with what is shown when the Service tab is selected I suggest all those items that have the word 'Services' as part of their description in Services.MSC be continuesd in the Services Tab. For one thing, the present listing in the Services tab does include 'Services' in some and not others with no rationale given for the differences and second; from my own experiences when trying to help novices/beginners, they will be totally confused/upset if the descriptions are not exactly the same and the forum could be inundated with questions on this subject.

But, for all that, the W7Toolkit is coming along just fine and the author is to be congratulated for all the good work.

W7Toolkit 1.0.1.34 and Win7 Ultimate w/SP1

For the installation and future use of the W7Toolkit I had created folders/subfolders as follows:

\Win7Toolkit

\\Addons

\\Logs

\\Updates 32

\\Updates 64

The main program in \Win7Toolkit; \Addons for those programs; \Logs - when/if the W7Toolkit creates them (see previous comments in this forum somewhere, right now I don't remember the location); \Updates ** for the appropriate SoLOr downloads.

I would much prefer the W7Tookit be written to remember where the \Updates ** folder(s) is/are located and search them for comparison with the latest from SoLor when that option is selected.

To maintain consistency with what is shown when Services.MSC is run and with what is shown when the Service tab is selected I suggest all those items that have the word 'Services' as part of their description in Services.MSC be continuesd in the Services Tab. For one thing, the present listing in the Services tab does include 'Services' in some and not others with no rationale given for the differences and second; from my own experiences when trying to help novices/beginners, they will be totally confused/upset if the descriptions are not exactly the same and the forum could be inundated with questions on this subject.

But, for all that, the W7Toolkit is coming along just fine and the author is to be congratulated for all the good work.

Ok, ive made it remember what folder you can save to, so its

\\Windows 7 x64

\\Windows 6 x86

\\Office 2010 x64

\\Office 2010 x86

You may need to rename your folders.

Added 'Service' to end of Services, may not have got them all.

EDIT: This thread will be closed, please make new requests in the new Windows 7 Toolkit Requests sub-forum. Thanks.

Edited by Legolash2o