Windows 7 Toolkit v1.0.2 FINAL

Legolash2o

After converting the program to C# in v1.0.1, i have decided to release the v1.0.2 Final which has lot's of bug fixes, enhancements, new tools, features and best of all is that it is FREE!

>>>>Download Now<<<<

What is Windows 7 Toolkit?

W7T is a program specifically designed for Windows 7, it contains all the tools you should need to create your perfect installation disks, the most common features include integrating updates, drivers, addons, gadgets, wallpapers, tweaks and so much more. Below i will give a description of each tool.

All-In-One Integrator

The AIO Integrator is the most popular tool, this tool let's you.

1. Integrate Addons - Have your program's preinstalled when you have finished installing Windows.
  2. Updates + Language Packs - Keep your Windows Image up-to-date and/or install multiple languages into your installation.
  3. Drivers - Make sure all your devices work after you install Windows.
  4. Theme Packs - Personalise your desktop with extra themes.
  5. Gadgets - Add desktop gadgets so they are available after installation.
  6. Wallpapers - Add your favourite desktop wallpapers
  7. Services - Tweak your services, disable ones you dont need to get the best performance your computer can offer
  8. Tweaks - A selection of 120+ tweaks are available to improve your computer performance, especially when done with Services too.

Component Remover

The component remover works very similar to vLite, it's lets you remove unwanted packages like Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, Internet Explorer, etc...

Unattended Creator

You can probably guess which this one is, it's let's you create a unattended.xml so you can leave your computer and have windows installed automatically.

Addon Maker

This is just useful for those users who to make their own addons to integrate into the installation media.

Silent Installer

Silent Installer lets those people who like programs to be installed silently after Windows Installation, it even uses W7T own installer which once Windows has finished installing it let's you choose which programs you want to install.

SoLoR Updates

SoLoR Updates are a collection of all updates Microsoft has released since Service Pack 1, the list also contains a lot of updates not released via Windows Update, all credit for this go to SoLoR. He does great work.

WIM Manager

This tool let's you manage your WIM files, rename, delete, edit images, etc... You can also rebuild a WIM image which will make it smaller and save space.

Capture Image

Let's you capture WIM Images so you can make a completely new installation image.

ISO Maker

Let's you create an ISO so you can burn it to a DVD or use in VirtualPC.

WIM Registry Editor

This tool let's you edit the registry of a selected image. Very useful for importing your own tweaks.

WIM Splitter

Let's you split your *.wim into multple *.swm files so you can fit them onto a CD.

Create AIO Disk

Let's you merge multiple WIM files together, for example you can have x86 and x64 Windows versions onto one DVD.

CAB Update Installer

Let's you install your *.cab updates.

CAB Retriever

When Windows Update downloads and installs update, this little tool will copy them to a specified folder so you can integrate them into your installation disk.

Language Pack Converter

This tool converts your *.exe language packs into *.cab format so your can integrate them.

MSP Extrator

MSP Extractor converts *.exe Office updates into *msp so you can add them to the Office 'Updates' folder.

MSU to CAB Converter

Converts *.msu to *.cab

USB Prep Tool

Prepares your USB stick for booting, then just simply copy and paste the DVD files and you can now install from USB.

ChangeLog

*Converted to C#

*NEW: ResHacker updated to 3.5.2.84 (supports x64 files)

*NEW: Splash Screen

*NEW: Tools Manager

*NEW: Unattended Creator

*NEW: Create AIO Image Tool

*NEW: AIO Integrator > Gadgets

*NEW: AIO Integrator > Language Pack Support

*NEW: AIO Integrator > Wallpapers

*NEW: AIO Integrator > Theme Packs

*NEW: AIO Integrator > Services

*NEW: USB Prep Tool

*NEW: Quicker Merging option

*NEW: Unattended creator now detects current serial

*FIX: Drivers did not prepare properly

*FIX: Component Remover did not work properly if mount path had spaces

*FIX: Bugs with external application

*FIX: Could not disable 'Check Images' option

*FIX: Did not detect currently mounted images on non-English language

*FIX: Did not display 'unknown' packages properly in Component Remover)

*FIX: Capture Image did not work when drive root was selected*FIX: Not all packages displayed.

*FIX: Quite a few bug fixes from VB .NET version.

*FIX: WIM Manager - Edit Name/Desc didn't work

*FIX: Addon Integration bug fixes

*FIX: Some tweaks did not work correctly

*FIX: Fews bugs with the Addon Maker

*FIX: CAB Update Installer did not install updates

*Performance Improvements

*TWEAKS: Many new tweaks added in AIO Integrator

*Updated SoLoR Links

*Improved Driver Integration

*HDD Drivers now integrate into Boot.wim

*Stability Improvements

*Mounting,Unmounting, Rebuilding, etc.. now show progress within W7T

*W7T Taskbar now includes progressbar

*Load admin account in Registry Hive Mounter

*Prompt to delete ei.cfg

*Driver Integrator should display all driver types

*Driver Integrator detects selected CPU type

*Improvements to CAB Retriever

*Updated splash screen

*W7T now starts faster

*Improved speed on 'Checking for Updates'

*Items re-arranged in alphabetical order on Tools Manager

*Option to upload error log to FTP (enabled by default)

*Add OS Info to error logs

*Error logs will no loner show duplicate errors

*Update checker will show what has changed if i add the information.

Edited by Legolash2o

Thanks, i'll have a look in the morning if i get time. Try making your filepath shorter.

EDIT: Working fine for me, it must be your filepath, it looks well complicated and massive.

Edited by Legolash2o

Thanks, i'll have a look in the morning if i get time. Try making your filepath shorter.

EDIT: Working fine for me, it must be your filepath, it looks well complicated and massive.

I tried already. Does not help.:icon_cool:

The error message only comes with ATI's driver. Other work well nvidia etc.

Edited by TH-TECH

I tried already. Does not help.:icon_cool:

The error message only comes with ATI's driver. Other work well nvidia etc.

I'll download an ATI Driver to test. Which ATI device is your driver for?

I found little bug with transparency in options. When i unpick enable transparency and apply the app have half transparency :sweatingbullets:

I'll have a look at that bug now.

EDIT: Fixed.

Edited by Legolash2o

<br />I'll download an ATI Driver to test. Which ATI device is your driver for?<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />I'll have a look at that bug now.<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

I have two ATI 4890 card in Crossfire. In previous versions, the integration has worked. Now, do not. But to install a clean install and try again because I suspect that now DISM is corrupted

x64 or x86? Your drivers are out-of-date, you seem to have March but they are May ones available.

EDIT: I got the error too, investigating...

EDIT: Found issue, fixing...

EDIT: Fixed.

Edited by Legolash2o

I've fixed both problems and will be released with v1.0.2.1. However, you will need to delete the ATI drivers and re-extract/download them again otherwise it will say file not found again :)

EDIT: Released v1.0.2.1F

Edited by Legolash2o

I've fixed both problems and will be released with v1.0.2.1. However, you will need to delete the ATI drivers and re-extract/download them again otherwise it will say file not found again :)

EDIT: Released v1.0.2.1F

Thank you. Testing

The latest build can integrate with the skip drivers check option pre-ticked 261/262 drivers. GREAT!!! :thumbsup_anim:

I've also seen that one of the improved features of your app is HDD Drivers now integrate into Boot.wim. Can you pleae make sure that all mass storage drivers (64 of windows 7 x86 ones) from here go into the boot.wim?

I'm asking because win 7 toolkit sees them as different purpose ones, besides SCSI, also HDC, system, 1394 or MTD ones. Thank you in advance. :D

got 4 errors that looks like this.. all using the new versionof w7l

P.S The drivers are the latest version.. Downloaded them today ..

post-25581-0-84312700-1305308936_thumb.j

Edited by Sorin

got 4 errors that looks like this.. all using the new versionof w7l

P.S The drivers are the latest version.. Downloaded them today ..

Same here. Especially when the drivers are integrated.

Win7 Toolkit 1.0.2.1?(31) and Win7 Ultimate 64-bit w/SP1

Component Removal > Windows 7 Ultimate > Select > Component Remover > Mounting > ?

There are only four (4) items listed:

Multimedia

Picture Samples - Picture Samples (Green highlight)

System

Delete WinSXS\Backup - Deletes WinSXS backup folder, you will not be able to uninstall updates (Green highlight)

Windows Setup DVD

Delete "Support" folder - Deletes the Support folder on the DVD (no colored highlight)

Delete "Upgrade" folder - Deletes the Support folder on the DVD (no colored highlight)

First question: Should there be more items? I expected a lot more; especially after looking at the example on the forum.

Second, Should the Picture Samples be changed to read: Delete Picture Samples (under Description)?

Third, Delete "Upgrade" folder - should read Deletes the Upgrade folder on the DVD (under Description)?

Exited > says Discaring Image - should say: Discarding Image

But your are in Windows 8! Windows 7 Toolkit is designed for using DISM from Windows 7 not 8!

Like I said. The same error was used in the test machine (Windows 8) or the original RTM Windows 7 Ultimate x.64

Win7 Toolkit 1.0.2.1?(31) and Win7 Ultimate 64-bit w/SP1

Component Removal > Windows 7 Ultimate > Select > Component Remover > Mounting > ?

There are only four (4) items listed:

Multimedia

Picture Samples - Picture Samples (Green highlight)

System

Delete WinSXS\Backup - Deletes WinSXS backup folder, you will not be able to uninstall updates (Green highlight)

Windows Setup DVD

Delete "Support" folder - Deletes the Support folder on the DVD (no colored highlight)

Delete "Upgrade" folder - Deletes the Support folder on the DVD (no colored highlight)

First question: Should there be more items? I expected a lot more; especially after looking at the example on the forum.

Second, Should the Picture Samples be changed to read: Delete Picture Samples (under Description)?

Third, Delete "Upgrade" folder - should read Deletes the Upgrade folder on the DVD (under Description)?

Exited > says Discaring Image - should say: Discarding Image

All errors fixed, however you should have more than 4 items, what language are you using?

But your are in Windows 8! Windows 7 Toolkit is designed for using DISM from Windows 7 not 8!

W7T should work with Windows 8 just the same as Windows 7, i've fixed the driver issue. However some drivers in the packs actually have missing files (only a few) so they wont integrate and will may have to download Display drivers yet again but for the last time :P

Edited by Legolash2o

All errors fixed, however you should have more than 4 items, what language are you using?

American English - language has never been changed since initial Win7 installation.

Any thing I can check or do to verfuy why only four (4)?