Windows 7 Toolkit v1.0.2 FINAL

Legolash2o

Hey Lego,

just a quick question, where does W7T saves the list of applications going to be installed? in the WIM file, or directly on a folder in the root?

Im asking because for example, i want to change an Application name that i added as a silent installer, but to do that i have to recreate everything.

got any ideas?

Thanks!

Just an update for v1.0.3 which i've started working on.

Silent Installers will be on the AIO Integrator and can integrate with each image (the setup files on the dvd so wim wont get bigger). You can make it install programs like 7zip, directX, codecs, whatever automatically and make programs such as Office, WLM, VLC, etc... optional and will prompt which ones you want to install. You can make everything automatic.

Component Removal will be on the AIO Integrator but this one is special, it will remove all the selected packages from all images and not just one. Although they will be in v1.0.2-22F... they will be hidden as they are not finished yet and it's also not v1.0.3 :P Silent Installer is fully working but still hidden.

For addons (.WA) it's C:\windows\w7t on the wim

For silent installers it's HKLM\\Software\\W7T on the WIM so you will have to use wim registry mounter.

/old/

Hey there, found a bug (or misuse/error?), when you try to open the HKLM\System hive of the wim image, it actually opens the local computer registry! :P

/old/

Edit: Nevermind me, i found it, its on HKLM\\WIM_Software\\W7T (Still it actually opens the local registry).

Also, weird stuff, the x86 ISO has the Wow6432Node.

Cheers

Edited by Chares

Hi Lego,

I found a bug with did not happen, in the earlier versions!

Always when I select at the AiO the "services" I cann't select what I want to do with the selected serice. It is grey.

Can you please have a look at that.

Thank you

Regards

Fixed a bunch of bugs with AIO Integrator, hope it now works :)

Hmmm don't know if it's just me or not, but everytime i use the integrator it gets stuck at "Detecting DVD Folder".... :S

I've used your program a thousand times and it has always worked flawlessly up till now :S

Here's a step by step on what i was doing at the time in case it helps :P

- I mounted the Install.wim and integrated a few apps, made a few tweaks, added a few drivers, then saved and unmounted

- Then i turned the files into an .iso and tested on vmware, worked flawlessly but i wanted to add a few more tweaks

- So, deleted the .iso i had made, re-opened the Windows 7 Toolkit, and opened the integrator to continue working on the last files i was working on, however, this time, it didn't load anything, it stayed stuck on "Detecting DVD Folder"...so i waited a good 30 mins, still didn't work, so closed it all, and tried re-opening, waited another 15 minutes, still didn't budge, which is not normal as it usually only takes a few seconds :S

- So, Luckily i had a backup of the files before i had previously edited them (always keep backups :P), so i deleted the edited files and restored the backup ones, and tried loading them back up....still stuck on the same thing :(

Any idea's as to what could be wrong? Or what else i could try?...

Thanks in advance!!

Hmmm don't know if it's just me or not, but everytime i use the integrator it gets stuck at "Detecting DVD Folder".... :S

I've used your program a thousand times and it has always worked flawlessly up till now :S

Here's a step by step on what i was doing at the time in case it helps :P

- I mounted the Install.wim and integrated a few apps, made a few tweaks, added a few drivers, then saved and unmounted

- Then i turned the files into an .iso and tested on vmware, worked flawlessly but i wanted to add a few more tweaks

- So, deleted the .iso i had made, re-opened the Windows 7 Toolkit, and opened the integrator to continue working on the last files i was working on, however, this time, it didn't load anything, it stayed stuck on "Detecting DVD Folder"...so i waited a good 30 mins, still didn't work, so closed it all, and tried re-opening, waited another 15 minutes, still didn't budge, which is not normal as it usually only takes a few seconds :S

- So, Luckily i had a backup of the files before i had previously edited them (always keep backups :P), so i deleted the edited files and restored the backup ones, and tried loading them back up....still stuck on the same thing :(

Any idea's as to what could be wrong? Or what else i could try?...

Thanks in advance!!

This wasn't a big issue has been fixed. They problem was that it had finished detecting dvd folder, i just forgot to add the code that removed "Detecting DVD Folder" i.e. lblStatus.Text = "Done";

v1.0.2-24F has been released fixing quite a few bugs.

This wasn't a big issue has been fixed. They problem was that it had finished detecting dvd folder, i just forgot to add the code that removed "Detecting DVD Folder" i.e. lblStatus.Text = "Done";

v1.0.2-24F has been released fixing quite a few bugs.

Awesome!! Thanks a ton!! :P

Just to add W7T should work on XP and Vista fine as long as you have DISM installed correctly i.e. C:\Windows\System32\Dism.exe and other files :)

Is W7T hardwired to look for %windir%\System32\DISM? I had installed DISM in XP per instructions I had found at the RyanVM forums (http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/) and it worked just fine. As I have XP Pro x64 installed I figured I'd see if DISM would work in it also. I edited the instructions for XP Pro that I had found and changed %windir%\System32\DISM to %windir%\SysWOW64\DISM and added the path \Windows\SysWOW64\DISM to the environment - all seems to have gone ok.

But, if in XP Pro x64 I start W7T the box comes up about running in XP - OK selected, then an error appears about not finding \Windows\System32\DISM - I'm assuming that is because W7T does not read the path statement but is created to look only in \windows\system32\dism - can that be changed?

Is W7T hardwired to look for %windir%\System32\DISM? I had installed DISM in XP per instructions I had found at the RyanVM forums (http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/) and it worked just fine. As I have XP Pro x64 installed I figured I'd see if DISM would work in it also. I edited the instructions for XP Pro that I had found and changed %windir%\System32\DISM to %windir%\SysWOW64\DISM and added the path \Windows\SysWOW64\DISM to the environment - all seems to have gone ok.

But, if in XP Pro x64 I start W7T the box comes up about running in XP - OK selected, then an error appears about not finding \Windows\System32\DISM - I'm assuming that is because W7T does not read the path statement but is created to look only in \windows\system32\dism - can that be changed?

It looks for System32\Dism.exe

You can temporarily run W7T.exe /SKIPOSCheck to bypass the checks :)

v26 released.

*better XP/Vista support, it should not prompt Win7 only if dism is found.

*Missing files for drivers are written in a separate log "Driver_Errors.txt", i received a lot of error logs just for a missing driver file and it annoyed me cos i can't fix it :P

Edited by Legolash2o

Hope your all enjoying the latest build, haven't received an error logs today which is brilliant so i must of got every bug! I'll give it another week and i'll start releasing v1.0.3 alpha' to those who are interested.

A new silent installer for v1.0.3 has already been implemented but it's hidden and i've already started working on adding Component removal to AIO Integrator too so you can remove packages from ALL images. More info here.

But yeah, i'll wait another week to make sure i don't get anymore error logs.

Edited by Legolash2o

It looks for System32\Dism.exe

You can temporarily run W7T.exe /SKIPOSCheck to bypass the checks :)

v26 released.

*better XP/Vista support, it should not prompt Win7 only if dism is found.

*Missing files for drivers are written in a separate log "Driver_Errors.txt", i received a lot of error logs just for a missing driver file and it annoyed me cos i can't fix it :P

W7Toolkit 1.0.2.26?(19) on XP Pro x64 w/SP2

Tried starting W7T with /skiposcheck as recommended; got error message: DISM could not be found and Windows 7 Toolkit only works on Windows 7! Continue Anyway? Yes

Welcome to Windows 7 Toolkit v.1.0.2.26 image appeared - so that worked. Clicked W7T Options and they were the same as earlier versions run under Win7 Ultimate 64-bit.

All-In-One Integrator selected > got error box: Unable to get image info! (path to 32-bit DVD copy)\sources\install.wim - Unable to load DLL 'wimgapi.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT:0x8007007E) OK. Error box disappeared. :thumbsdown_anim:

Selected Browse and navigated to (path to 64-bit DVD copy)\source\install.wim - Error box appeared with same information as above. OK. Error box disappeared.

Tried Component Removal - same results as above.

Exited W7 Toolkit > Booted into XP Pro w/SP3.

Started W7Toolkit - image appeared, NO error message about DISM could not be found etc; as above.

Selected All-In-One Integrator > SAME error box and message as above. :thumbsdown_anim:

Exited W7Toolkit and booted into Win7 Ultimate 64-bit w/SP1.

Started W7Toolkit 1.0.2.26 - image appeared, no problems.

All-In-One Integrator selected - no error messages. Browsed to same locations as earlier and all detected ok; so something has changed when run under XP.

NOTE: None of my operating systems are installed on drive C:\ - so hard-coding that location into the W7Toolkit may be part of the problem. Having the program read the path variable in the environment is a possible remedy. :P

Tried your latest version 1.0.2.26 with an updated version of the driverpacks sorted by me.

This time I removed drivers not needed for the common user (RAID drivers for some professional adapters for example) and added some USB 3.0 very useful drivers (VIA and Fresco Logic adapters). Also removed drivers that were only for vista (inspected the original packages from the producer's site and the station driver's site) and drivers that were needed for SATA/AHCI ports for other producers than Intel, AMD and Marvell because they don't support TRIM command for SSDs through the driver (and windows 7 supports that command natively). And of course updated with newer drivers (for AMD AHCI for example, even newer than driverpacks's 24 may package).

The result? For mass storage, chipset, LAN, WLAN and card readers - only 185 drivers for x64 version of 7 (here) and 184 drivers for x86 version of 7 (here). All of them were superbly integrated by Windows 7 Toolkit. :thumbsup_anim:

However, in my last intervention I've said something wrong, and it was not my fault - in the mass storage folder of driverpacks, in the Jmicron subfolder some non-mass storage drivers are contained. These are seen as they should by your app as MTD (for card reader device) and 1394 (firewire device), so these drivers SHOUDN'T go in the boot.wim (in the boot.wim only the SYSTEM, HDC and SCSI ADAPTER drivers should be integrated).

So please make this changes to your app, since your latest version integrates 1394 and MTD drivers in the boot.wim. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

LE: And if someone from driverpacks sees this post - please make distinct versions of driverpacks for 7 and vista!

Edited by RicaNeaga

W7Toolkit 1.0.2.26?(19) on XP Pro x64 w/SP2

Tried starting W7T with /skiposcheck as recommended; got error message: DISM could not be found and Windows 7 Toolkit only works on Windows 7! Continue Anyway? Yes

Welcome to Windows 7 Toolkit v.1.0.2.26 image appeared - so that worked. Clicked W7T Options and they were the same as earlier versions run under Win7 Ultimate 64-bit.

All-In-One Integrator selected > got error box: Unable to get image info! (path to 32-bit DVD copy)\sources\install.wim - Unable to load DLL 'wimgapi.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT:0x8007007E) OK. Error box disappeared.

Selected Browse and navigated to (path to 64-bit DVD copy)\source\install.wim - Error box appeared with same information as above. OK. Error box disappeared.

Tried Component Removal - same results as above.

Exited W7 Toolkit > Booted into XP Pro w/SP3.

Started W7Toolkit - image appeared, NO error message about DISM could not be found etc; as above.

Selected All-In-One Integrator > SAME error box and message as above.

Exited W7Toolkit and booted into Win7 Ultimate 64-bit w/SP1.

Started W7Toolkit 1.0.2.26 - image appeared, no problems.

All-In-One Integrator selected - no error messages. Browsed to same locations as earlier and all detected ok; so something has changed when run under XP.

NOTE: None of my operating systems are installed on drive C:\ - so hard-coding that location into the W7Toolkit may be part of the problem. Having the program read the path variable in the environment is a possible remedy.

W7T does not 'hard-code' the C:\, it already uses System Variables. Looks like i will have to install XP in a VM to solve this problem.

Make sure you have DISM and WIMGAPI :P

Tried your latest version 1.0.2.26 with an updated version of the driverpacks sorted by me.

This time I removed drivers not needed for the common user (RAID drivers for some professional adapters for example) and added some USB 3.0 very useful drivers (VIA and Fresco Logic adapters). Also removed drivers that were only for vista (inspected the original packages from the producer's site and the station driver's site) and drivers that were needed for SATA/AHCI ports for other producers than Intel, AMD and Marvell because they don't support TRIM command for SSDs through the driver (and windows 7 supports that command natively). And of course updated with newer drivers (for AMD AHCI for example, even newer than driverpacks's 24 may package).

The result? For mass storage, chipset, LAN, WLAN and card readers - only 185 drivers for x64 version of 7 (here) and 184 drivers for x86 version of 7 (here). All of them were superbly integrated by Windows 7 Toolkit.

However, in my last intervention I've said something wrong, and it was not my fault - in the mass storage folder of driverpacks, in the Jmicron subfolder some non-mass storage drivers are contained. These are seen as they should by your app as MTD (for card reader device) and 1394 (firewire device), so these drivers SHOUDN'T go in the boot.wim (in the boot.wim only the SYSTEM, HDC and SCSI ADAPTER drivers should be integrated).

So please make this changes to your app, since your latest version integrates 1394 and MTD drivers in the boot.wim. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

LE: And if someone from driverpacks sees this post - please make distinct versions of driverpacks for 7 and vista!

Removed MTD and 1394 :)

The result? For mass storage, chipset, LAN, WLAN and card readers - only 185 drivers for x64 version of 7 (here) and 184 drivers for x86 version of 7 (here). All of them were superbly integrated by Windows 7 Toolkit. :thumbsup_anim:

So please make this changes to your app, since your latest version integrates 1394 and MTD drivers in the boot.wim. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

Just to add, i got the same error when i tried XP but i accidently copied x64 files of DISM onto x86 XP. It worked when i coped the x86 dism files instead.

Edited by Legolash2o

After converting the program to C# in v1.0.1, i have decided to release the v1.0.2 Final which has lot's of bug fixes, enhancements, new tools, features and best of all is that it is FREE!

Thanks a lot for this great tool, hats down :prop: , and thumbs up for the updates :thumbsup_anim:

Since I'm a beginner, is there a tutorial to explain how to use the silent installer options ?. How do I make and use switches ?

What is the best way to integrate drivers ? (cab files, inf, ....)

I've just tried build 27... boot.wim is lighter by 3 mb than with build 26, so everything seems ok now. Thank you very much for all the support. Great app... going to spread the word about it. :)

BTW... you still don't want any donations? only for wincert? :)

Edited by RicaNeaga

Thanks a lot for this great tool, hats down , and thumbs up for the updates

Since I'm a beginner, is there a tutorial to explain how to use the silent installer options ?. How do I make and use switches ?

What is the best way to integrate drivers ? (cab files, inf, ....)

There is a guide here for german users (I didn't create it). The silent install will be much easier in v1.0.3 (it's already ready) but in the current release....

You just enter a custom name for the install i.e. "7zip"

Browse to 7zip installer

Enter its silent switch "/passive" other programs have different switched, best to use google

Click Add Application, then add another if you want

When your done click start.

Note: The copy folder contents is only used for stuff like Office where the setup.exe has needed files in the same folder.

I've just tried build 27... boot.wim is lighter by 3 mb than with build 26, so everything seems ok now. Thank you very much for all the support. Great app... going to spread the word about it.

BTW... you still don't want any donations? only for wincert?

N1K said i'm allowed to accept donations but i feel guilty taking them, but feel free to donate to wincert

in the future will support the Spanish language? excellent tool, thank you very much!

v1.0.3 is when i will being work on having W7T in many languages, just to add i will upload a template for you to translate yourself as i only know english :D

Edited by Legolash2o