Windows 7 Toolkit v1.0.2 FINAL

Legolash2o

April 24, 2008 Unsupported methods to update a customized image of Windows Vista to a Windows Vista Service Pack 1 image

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951035/en

but it is recommended to integrate SP1, the official mod in Audit mode

Ciao.

Ok, I understand, but the method of integration of Se7en RT Lite - Beta (Build 2.6.0) is reliable?

rt7sp1slip2.png

Microsoft does not recommended, as told by Microsoft no doubt to his reasons, which do not recommand, in poor words it is not safe integrated Sp1 in the offline mod, Microsoft has never told them the reason, why the integration in offline mod it's not OK, maybe it written somewhere on microsoft.com, but as to notice how to integrate SP1 on non-official mod wrote in the microsoft microsoft.com since 2008, and the web for 3 years there is a great Rants how to integrate SP1 as if he was a great secret, microsoft always say everything, you just need to find articles on microsoft.com

in the end and just my opinion it is said and as I say :D

sorry for my English

Ciao.

Edited by OnePiece

LE: And if someone from driverpacks sees this post - please make distinct versions of driverpacks for 7 and vista!

We won't make separate vista/win7 packs, but I'll fix the "wrong driver for boot.wim" bug in the next Mass Storage DriverPacks release. Thanks for reporting.

But really, you should have reported this bug over at www.driverpacks.net icon_cool.gif

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

I've just tried build 27... boot.wim is lighter by 3 mb than with build 26, so everything seems ok now. Thank you very much for all the support. Great app... going to spread the word about it. :)

BTW... you still don't want any donations? only for wincert? :)

Off topic: We always welcome help with our hosting costs. Lego, thank you for your generosity.

@Mr_Smartepants Why you won't make separate packs for vista / 7 really eludes me. Windows 7 Toolkit is one of the few apps that can integrate drivers for win 7, but if an user tries to integrate any of your packs, surely something will go wrong with that older vista drivers.

For vista there is no app I know of that can integrate all the drivers btw. And I've tried a bunch, including vista tool from your forum or your ,,recommendation" that also uses DISM (gdism eldi)... Legolash2o investigated this issus and concluded that DISM and vista is a no-go.

sorry for the offtopic. and please Mr_Smartepants, if you want to further discuss this, use the pm. thanks. ;)

ontopic: if RT 7 Lite was brought to disscusion, one aspect that was very prolific at was its removal of many win 7 features (much more than win 7 toolkit). Really hope Legolash2o will have the time to add more options to the removal part of its app. :)

@N1K Sorry if I was misunderstood. The reason I asked was because I'm going to ask my readers to help with the development (and so to donate) of some free apps, so I didn't know what link I should give them. Now I know. :)

Edited by RicaNeaga

@Mr_Smartepants Why you won't make separate packs for vista / 7 really eludes me. Windows 7 Toolkit is one of the few apps that can integrate drivers for win 7, but if an user tries to integrate any of your packs, surely something will go wrong with that older vista drivers.

For vista there is no app I know of that can integrate all the drivers btw. And I've tried a bunch, including vista tool from your forum or your ,,recommendation" that also uses DISM (gdism eldi)... Legolash2o investigated this issus and concluded that DISM and vista is a no-go.

sorry for the offtopic. and please Mr_Smartepants, if you want to further discuss this, use the pm. thanks. ;)

ontopic: if RT 7 Lite was brought to disscusion, one aspect that was very prolific at was its removal of many win 7 features (much more than win 7 toolkit). Really hope Legolash2o will have the time to add more options to the removal part of its app. :)

@N1K Sorry if I was misunderstood. The reason I asked was because I'm going to ask my readers to help with the development (and so to donate) of some free apps, so I didn't know what link I should give them. Now I know. :)

mediafire.com/Legolash2o now includes dism files for XP and Vista so it may work. W7T integrates Vista drivers into Windows 7 fine so no need for Mr_Smartepants to separate them.

I have not checked what features RT 7 Lite removes, W7T can only remove what dism let's me, that is to keep the image safe. However if someone wants to have the ability to delete certain files/folders then i will add them. I don't feel safe removing files and making the final product unsafe, but feel free to recommend some stuff i could add to it.

Since i have not included the DISM files in the download link above, Vista and XP is now officially supported :)

I am about to release a new version of W7T which will fix a problem with mounting images (Compression is disabled for this volumn), this fix will not only make W7T work but all other tools such as RT 7 Lite, imagex, dism, vLite, etc... as well :)

EDIT: Does anyone know the creator of RT 7 Lite and contact details? Is it just one person working on it? lol

Edited by Legolash2o

Hi Lego :welcome:

I have a problem with this uptime gadget.(and all the other gadgets i have ,same exception text)

My Os windows 7 x86 sp1 danish.

Download link to uptime gadget http://www.mediafire.com/?3s21sx2u4jbicok

************* Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '3' is not valid for 'index'.

Parameter name: index

at System.Windows.Forms.ListViewItem.ListViewSubItemCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)

at W7T.frmAllInOne.cmdStart_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Regards Ripmeoff :sweatingbullets:

Hi Lego :welcome:

I have a problem with this uptime gadget.(and all the other gadgets i have ,same exception text)

My Os windows 7 x86 sp1 danish.

Download link to uptime gadget http://www.mediafire...3s21sx2u4jbicok

************* Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '3' is not valid for 'index'.

at System.Windows.Forms.ListViewItem.ListViewSubItemCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Regards Ripmeoff :sweatingbullets:

Fixed... will be released soon. Thanks.

EDIT: Released.

Edited by Legolash2o

Gadgets adding it crashes an error :confused02:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

Edited by Legolash2o

TH-Tech check the message before yours (161), it's been fixed and is in build 29 :)

Now seems to be working. This is the case why you're number one Lego. Fix the program error messages so fast that they even have time to detect properly. !

Good work again.

W7Toolkit 1.0.2.29 and XP

Downloaded your DISMx64.7z and DISMx86.7z; followed instructions in both XP Pro w/SP3 and XP Pro x64 w/SP2 to install DISM in both operating systems.

Ran W7Toolkit - no error messages when started and selecting All-In-One Integrator identified \sources\install.wim just fine.

Looks pretty good.

Also. look at post #160 for RT 7 Lite person

Hey Lego

all my gadgets Working now :thumbsup_anim: thanks man your are the best.

Regards Ripmeoff

No Problem :)

hey legolash,

when i run the tool, my floppy drive keep running,

why is this?

i'm using windows 7 pro x64 sp1

It's probably because it keeps scanning for USB devices, i'll have a look into it :)

Edited by Legolash2o