Windows 7 Toolkit v1.0.2 FINAL

Legolash2o

to delete winSxS folder it's not a good ideea. If i remember correctly , the winSxS folder keeps a backup to the updates installed on your computer via windows update , and let you uninstall them. Doing so (removing the winSxS folder) it's probably a VERY BAD IDEEA.

Example : you get a bad update from microsoft .what do you do then ?! system restore? format? NO ...just uninstall .. that's why i said it's a bad ideea to remove that folder.

Edited by Sorin

#1 I am an SMOD of this forum (Also I have been around MORE than long enough to have read nearly EVERY post on this toolkit.)

#2 I have tested and assisted with input on this prog since its inception.

#3 I HAVE READ THE FRAKING POSTS OF HIS STATING HE WILL NO LONGER DO THE SP1 INTEGRATION!!!!

#4 Lego is a close friend and I talk to him on MSN frequently...

Even MS has not provided a clean stable way of integrating SP1, reverse integration and admin install is the only proper way and doing that takes hours of work on a newer machine PER version!

Slipstreaming SP1 with the current methods IS VERY MESSY and unstable! Providing a messy wim file with left over files and dual packages! Legolash is very professional and will not Corrupt and mess up your images with sp1 integration...

Sorry, Kels is correct. I won't be adding SP1 integration as it's a messy process and does more harm than good even though the method i was going to use was more cleaner and efficient that RT7Lite.

You can get Windows 7 SP1 DVDs from Microsoft, you just have to pay for delivery. I don't know the link off the top of my head, but i think it's only available to the US/Canada which is annoying :(

Sorry, but it really is a messy process.

Sorry, Kels is correct. I won't be adding SP1 integration as it's a messy process and does more harm than good even though the method i was going to use was more cleaner and efficient that RT7Lite.

You can get Windows 7 SP1 DVDs from Microsoft, you just have to pay for delivery. I don't know the link off the top of my head, but i think it's only available to the US/Canada which is annoying :(

Thanks for the info, just for know.

Not a big problem, because normally, after install/update, I do a sysprep and then an image with Norton Ghost to restore to other machines.

Strangely, Sample Pictures arent removed, if checked.

Also Support and Upgrade folders stay if selected for removal.

Bug? :rolleyes:

Also I`m missing ability to remove all bundled gadgets and themes and select new integrated "default" theme...

Also I`m integrating my own gadgets...which I prefer to use.

(I very much like my laptop OEM theme, but I only have Win 7 retail disc to use and modify from my other PC)

Of course I can do that removal and replacement manually, but not with W7T...

Still great tool :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by HapuKurk

I agree with you. I don't use sp1 integration with my unattended win7 dvd.

But I don't understand your advice exactly.

- dowload or get win7 sp1 DVD from Microsoft.

- after installing win7, run sp1 file.

- that's it.

Am I right? Which win7 service packs should I add to my unatted win7 DVD?

Regards.

the following services are denied registry access upon requesting change. these require a post batch script to be changed i suppose. other then the diag policy service/trkwks the others were left on the default setting, just merely pointing out even if you wanted to alter the others that you may not.

dcomlaunch

DPS

WDIservice host

WDIsystemhost

TRKWKS

gpsvc

trusted Installer

Edited by Solace

Once downloaded all updates from Solor, you need an order of integration? if so, would it be?

Lego this reminds me, does your tool integrate the KB9x updates before the KB2xx updates?

Because there are some KB2xx updates for stuff like VPC which is KB9x that will fail if you dont.

Hey lego!

Silent installer now works well and is fine. It does not work if it is a USB stick on the hard disk copied.

It runs from the DVD just fine but if imagen size is 7 gb it will not fit on a DVD.

I copied the image files, therefore, Bootable USB, which copy the backup program on the hard disk. Start the installation from there. Silent installer displays an error.:thumbsup_anim:

Hey lego!

Silent installer now works well and is fine. It does not work if it is a USB stick on the hard disk copied.

It runs from the DVD just fine but if imagen size is 7 gb it will not fit on a DVD.

I copied the image files, therefore, Bootable USB, which copy the backup program on the hard disk. Start the installation from there. Silent installer displays an error.:thumbsup_anim:

What did the error say?

Hey lego!

Don't know why , but you've done something wrong. The silent installer WORKS even it is on a USB stick . And the silent installer doesn't displayed any error to me. Proof: Fresh install(LIVE) on an i3-540 at 1:25 AM. Look at the pic. Everything went grait with no errors!!!!

post-25581-0-02873600-1307140034_thumb.j