Windows 7 Toolkit v1.0.2 FINAL

Legolash2o

Further clarification of the installation:

The original image Technet Windows 7 Ultimate-x64 Eng.

Added Language Fi. Added drivers, wallpapers also setup & login.

Silentinstallers only ninite program. 300kt in each version of the HB, HP, PRO, ult.

Make ISO.

Transferred to a USB stick and installed the device in the right environment, is excellent.

1:1 backup of a USB stick 250gb seagate hard drive. Thus the partition size 14.9 GB.

BIOS modified from the bootable disk (Disk 5). Hard Drive booting well and the installation will start.

Silent Installer reports an error can not find the files and the installation will continue.

This, therefore, only when I do it. I've done this thousands of times RT7Lite and this works so the fault must be in a small row of code that does not recognize any of my machines here.

Sorry for my bad English.

I would hope that this helps to solve this problem. Otherwise, the program seems to be ready. It is faster than before, and above all very reliable.

Edited by TH-TECH

I have a question... KB982018-v3 updates some native drivers inside windows 7. But for AMD SATA/AHCI, the one from AMD's site is newer.

So, if I integrate in the same run of windows 7 toolkit both that update and the AMD driver, is there a chance that the newest driver integrated can be overwritten by the one in that update?

ricktendo also asked about the order of integrating updates... Please answer him (i'm also interested). Thanks. :)

Is it only me, or Install.wim size dont change after component removal... also it doesnt change if I remove OS`es with Wim Manager :rolleyes:

Also I dont manage to get unattend.xml to stick with image, it always displays "full setup"...

PS. Image is "rebuilt"

EDIT:

Ok, Found an aswer from technet... Wim size doesnt decrease with dism, it actually doesnt "remove" component, it only removes hardlinks to WinSxS, components are actually deleted after Install. :sweatingbullets:

Still having problem with that Unattended part... :blink:

Edited by HapuKurk

Hi Legolash2o,

Thanks for your excellent application. I use it to build my own Win7 integrating:

All x86 + All x64 (Except K, N, KN edition but I included Enterprise Edition) + US, FR, KOR, ZH and ES version + SP1 and all post update until June 2011. Flash/SilverLight/7-Zip with some windows tweaks and all official theme

I found a little bug in the AIO Tweaks part so I would like to inform you...

In the Tweaks part, Context-Menu

"Add Open CMD here" to Folder Context-Menu

I checked this option for all my Win7 version

I have just tried to install a Windows and there is an issue with the registry in

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmd

You should delete Extended and Icon entries which don't work. I don't find any difference by adding "Extended" and "Icon" doesn't really put the CMD icon but a Windows icon, so it is better to remove it too.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmd\command

The main issue is on this key. You put exactly:

cmd.exe /s /k pushd \"%V\"

So when i tried the context-menu, it worked but i have a warning message at the CMD opening which saying that the current path could not be find...

To fix this issue i use WIM Registry Editor and i am currently removing one by one the registry entry in:

HKLM\Winm_Software\Classes\Directory\shell\cmd\command

by removing "\" which is useless.

Then everything works fine and the cmd.exe could find the current path from the context-menu

(... I don't tried with Elevated CMD prompt but you should also checked it)

So the key should be like

cmd.exe /s /k pushd "%V"

One more thing:

Is it possible to integrate .NetFramework 4 for all my Win7 version and including all local language pack for each of them...?

I found a lot of things/ideas on this forum but all of them are too complicated or not applicable on my case because i have multiple languages to do or all explicationns have been out of date.

I think about Silent Intallers which i use a batch cmd file with the silent command line for install on each Win7 with all languages (kr, us, fr, zh, es).... So is it possible?

(WA is not a solution for me because i have multiple languages to manage)

Thanks a lot for your answer... This is the best Windows 7 WIM integration/customization software that i have never used. RT7 Lite is not so fast or flexible like your application by batching all modifications in all Windows version. Your application is very flexible to do what i want.

I'm looking forward the 1.2.3 to select multiple images in WIM Registry Editor and Silent Installer.... For the moment, I have to fix each Windows registry to remove "\" on them ;-(

Thanks for your replies.

post-25932-0-54393900-1307341757_thumb.p

One more thing:

Is it possible to integrate .NetFramework 4 for all my Win7 version and including all local language pack for each of them...?

I install .NET 4 with all the updates integrated into the install during sysprep and then capture my image for updating with dism

I install .NET 4 with all the updates integrated into the install during sysprep and then capture my image for updating with dism

Hi Ricktendo64,

Thanks for your reply.

I have 11 Windows Seven versions.

How can I proceed to do that?

Correct me but should I do that :S?

• 1- Install a Windows 7 x86 version on a VM (for exemple: Win7 x86 Starter Edition)
  • 2- Install .NET Framework 4 + All updates (+ language packs which is finally optional because it just changes error messages in the local language, so it doesn't matter)
  • 3- Sysprep it
  • 4- Capture it (That's mean: VHD => WIM ?)
  • 5- Replace it:

• 5a- Remove Win7 x86 Starter Edition from my WIM master file which i installed in the step 1
    • 5b- Extract Win7 x86 Starter Edition from my WIM 'step4' file to update my WIM master file through dism

Do I have to do that for all Win7 :S? So I have to do this procedure 11 times?!

Or the simplest way is to create a batch file with a silent installer command for .Net4 after Win7 installation (cons: There will be an uninstaller entry in Programs and Features panel)

By "syspreping" windows, does it work for applications too? So i don't have to use silent installer? How to manage this, if you want to install application in multiple languages... In lot of sysprep tutorials, they don't talk about integrating multi-languages for 3rd party application... Do i have to install windows in each language and sysprep it ? (Example for Paint.Net: Win7+Paint.NET US > sysprep > dism update > Win7+Paint.NET FR > sysprep > dism update > Win7+Paint.Net ES > sysprep > dism update > Win7+Paint.Net ZH > ......

:S :S :S

In Win7 Toolkit, we have Silent Installer menu with an option to choose which applications to install after Windows installation (That's great, i will try it to use it soon).... But how does it work for each windows 7 language? If i have paint.net_us, paint.net_fr (or others apps)... Do I have to put 2 entries for these 2 languages in Win7 Toolkit?

Thanks for your help.

Hello there,

I downloaded and registered the DISM distro that comes with the Toolkit just fine. The W7T tool works for me just fine as well. I meant, it used to.

I am working with a MSDN image file. Checksum matches. At first I wanted to try the the 'component removal' tool so I chose my install.wim and the thing started mounting it. Unfortunately, the mounting has been forcefully interrupted. After reboot I cannot mount WIM files any more.

Under 'component removal' I choose the WIM file, then select the distro that interests me, then click 'select', the program starts mounting the image but always stops and spits out this error:

"w7t was not able to mount the wim file or you closed the mount window!"

I guess it has been caused by the forceful interruption of the initial image mounting, so it prolly relates to DISM somehow. How can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance for your kind help!

edit: my system is xp sp2 pro

Edited by coke

Removing packages with also breaks "add remove windows features", after first reboot box is empty and all packs that I didnt remove are also gone... :crying_anim02:

So I`m basically left with windows core files + GUI, extreme slimming, you bet... but I need some additional features :rolleyes:

It also happens, when I remove single package, doesnt count which one...

Edited by HapuKurk

Hi Legolash

Firstly a huge thanks for this tool - it's an excellent piece of software - i really put it through its paces with lots of messing around making my perfect win7 and it worked almost flawlessly. The only things I noticed are:

1) I couldn't integrate Nvidia GeForce display drivers for some reason. All other drivers worked perfectly. Is there anything strange about nvidia? I noticed a few similar posts early in this thread, but no real solution.

2) A few of the tweaks didn't work - Copy to folder, Command window here, disable task bar preview

The other question I had - I added a silent installer, but found I didn't specify the correct arguments. Is there any way to edit this detail? I don't want to have to rebuild my image completely.

Thanks

Mick

This is going to be a stupid question, Is there any sort of guide for this? A beginners guide to it all?

I've messed around with RT7 a long time ago and from what i understand W7T is the go to version at the moment, However i'm totally lost as to what on earth i should be doing.

My goal was just to create a new image of windows 7 with all the updates applied and maybe a few tweaks here and there. Nothing to insane at all.

Thanks

Hi Legolash

Firstly a huge thanks for this tool - it's an excellent piece of software - i really put it through its paces with lots of messing around making my perfect win7 and it worked almost flawlessly. The only things I noticed are:

1) I couldn't integrate Nvidia GeForce display drivers for some reason. All other drivers worked perfectly. Is there anything strange about nvidia? I noticed a few similar posts early in this thread, but no real solution.

2) A few of the tweaks didn't work - Copy to folder, Command window here, disable task bar preview

The other question I had - I added a silent installer, but found I didn't specify the correct arguments. Is there any way to edit this detail? I don't want to have to rebuild my image completely.

Thanks

Mick

1. I'll have a look

2. Again, i'll have a look. EDIT: Fixed.

3. Use 'WIM Registry Editor', mount Software and HKLM\WIM_Software\W7T, after the * add your argument (do not remove the *)

If you want me to add an editor, put the request in the Request forum please :)

Do i need to start from the original disc? Do i ISO it or turn it into a wim?

If you have an ISO just extract it or if you have the DVD just copy it to your HDD.Then select the install.wim in the 'sources' folder.

Hi.... There is a bug in Windows 7 Toolkit v1.0.2.32.

in component removal section, we can't remove winsx backup and support and upgrade folder.

Fixed, will be in version 33 when it's released :)

Edited by Legolash2o

Hello there,

I downloaded and registered the DISM distro that comes with the Toolkit just fine. The W7T tool works for me just fine as well. I meant, it used to.

I am working with a MSDN image file. Checksum matches. At first I wanted to try the the 'component removal' tool so I chose my install.wim and the thing started mounting it. Unfortunately, the mounting has been forcefully interrupted. After reboot I cannot mount WIM files any more.

Under 'component removal' I choose the WIM file, then select the distro that interests me, then click 'select', the program starts mounting the image but always stops and spits out this error:

"w7t was not able to mount the wim file or you closed the mount window!"

I guess it has been caused by the forceful interruption of the initial image mounting, so it prolly relates to DISM somehow. How can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance for your kind help!

edit: my system is xp sp2 pro

On the main screen select Force Unmount and select the folder it mounted to (default is C:\W7T\Mount).

Wellcome @Legolash2o :)

I have a important question: In driverpacks website, when we add "Mass Storage" drivers with windows 7 toolkit, will it add in AHCI (TEXT) mode or standart mode like default other drivers?

So sorry about my bad english!

Edited by oguz

Wellcome @Legolash2o :)

I have a important question: In driverpacks website, when we add "Mass Storage" drivers with windows 7 toolkit, will it add in AHCI (TEXT) mode or standart mode like default other drivers?

Sorry about my bad english!

It's add them in standard mode but it also integrates them into the boot.wim

I'm not sure if they need to be integrated as text mode with windows 7 (i know you did with XP). Please feel free to try and let me know if it works or not :)