Windows 7 Toolkit v1.0.2 FINAL

Legolash2o

Hi, @Legolash2o

What are "FixedDrivers" you shared in Mediafire?

Are they different from drivers on the driverpacks website? If yes, what is the difference? Will it be a problem if I integrate both your "FixedDrivers" and all drivers in driverpacks site at the same time?

Another question: 11.06 version Graphics Mobile on the driverpacks site insistently "does not recognize "NVidia GeForce 230m" I wonder if your FixedDrivers can be used for solving this problem.

Thank you.

Edited by oguz

Another question: 11.06 version Graphics Mobile on the driverpacks site insistently "does not recognize "NVidia GeForce 230m"

If you are having problems with our DriverPacks, post a note in the support forums at driverpacks.net with your HWIDs and I'll look into it.

If you are having problems with our DriverPacks, post a note in the support forums at driverpacks.net with your HWIDs and I'll look into it.

I did not expect that my problem would receive a solution comment in such a quick and efficient way! I am surprised and liked it a lot :)

I am not a member of Driverpacks forums. This is why I reported my problem here. I'll become a member as soon as possible.

Would you please tell me how to get "HWIDs" ?

Thank you very much for your quick support.

Edited by oguz

W7T integrates them into the boot.wim anyway :D

I can't see them lego only if i integrates them into boot.wim my self :questionmark:

:o i forgot to mention the driver i use is for usb 3 card (nusb3xhc.inf - nusb3hub.inf)

Regards Ripmeoff

Edited by ripmeoff

To all questioning how drivers are integrated in windows 7 by windows 7 Toolkit... IT'S THE BEST METHOD OF INTEGRATING DRIVERS INTO A WINDOWS OFFLINE IMAGE EVER BUILT. PERIOD.

I've used for the past month an image built with windows 7 Toolkit (with all the drivers for mass storage, chipset, lan and wireless lan) on 10 different setups, and I've NEVER encountered a problem. USB 3.0 were also present on some systems, with exactly a Renesas (NEC) device.

My ratings for various operating systems:

The best tool for xp - driverpacks utility - GOOD.

For vista - there isn't any. I've retried vlite, vista tool and (both with BSOD's on many systems) and other DISM utilities.

Fot Windows 7 - Windows 7 Toolkit - EXCELLENT!

A very important bug of either win 7 toolkit, either dism... you can see it as a screen capture of a warning here. Maybe it's because dism got updated through ahotfix in Solor's updates... i remember reading of such an update. the result: ~ 100 drivers are skipped by the latest version (34) of win 7 toolkit.

I can confirm that the problem me and oguz are experimenting is because of build 34. Build 33 intregrates all the drivers just fine, without any warnings. :)

Also, I don't have the courage to integrate the drivers with the build 34, to see if that warning can be ignored. :)

Edited by RicaNeaga

Hi all,

I deleted my previous message because i did not want to decide early.

Unfortunately, there is a serious driver (FOREIGN CHARACTERS DETECTED) and some error messages problem in the new version. The previous version does not give errors and has No driver problem. I'll be happy if the new version is Fixed.

Edited by oguz

BTW Legolash2o ... a new version of imagex helps for your app dev? Or should it be only integrated intro windows setup?... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2525084

Also, two small requests for now... please make the remove libraries from my computer tweak work. In version 32 it didn't. And make another tweak please (sorry if I missed it) so that my computer shortcut doesn't go to my libraries (as explained here). I think the two tweaks are connected.

And what about the 3 cab's Solor recommend to integrate directly? You can find them here or here for x64/x86. I tried the cab update installer but it didn't work in build 32. Is it possible to also make that can installer install KB2533552 (x86 or x64)?

Edited by RicaNeaga

G'day all!

Just started using this application last night and I am thoroughly impressed. A round of applause for Legolash2o. The frequency of updates, attention to detail, quick responses and extremely high level of quality is just amazing.

First a note:

Hi all,

I deleted my previous message because i did not want to decide early.

Unfortunately, there is a serious driver (FOREIGN CHARACTERS DETECTED) and some error messages problem in the new version. The previous version does not give errors and has No driver problem. I'll be happy if the new version is Fixed.

I've read through about half of these threads and saw the sticky post regarding errors with DISM and special characters. I also remember you writing a fix (or warning I believe) to people using special characters in their drivers. It seems that in build 34, regardless of special characters, a warning will be shown to everyone when trying to integrate drivers into their release. Upon inspection, it seems to have thrown out my entire driver folder hierarchy as erroneous (I don't use spaces or special characters. C:\Drivers\x64\G_A\Nvidia\1 etc). Despite the warning, it still seems to find and process all my drivers. Currently integrating all of the x64 win 7 drivers on driverpacks.net (672). The driver integration finally finished. At the end of the installation, there was an error and 60 drivers did not integrate. Of the 6 that were shown not to integrate, creative had 2 entries.

This leads me to a question, i've already tried to integrate the drivers into a previous image that I've fiddled with, which installs correctly in my VM, however I've noticed I've got a 12 gig DriverStore\FileRepository folder in my image. Brings my entire install up to 22.9 gig.

Is there any way I could reduce this folder's size? I'd really like to be able to integrate the entirety of the driverpacks into my disk (Iso image is only 4gig so far, quite acceptable) and have it auto detect the drivers during the windows install (or first boot).

I've read through Mr_Smartepants posts at driverpacks.net, saw the manual integration thread (my first integration attempt, pc is currently processing the an AIO driver integration now), also saw the SAD2 script, perhaps that is what I'm after, if I understand the post correctly. Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Interesting tidbit: My pc fell asleep halfway through this driver integration. It shouldn't have fallen asleep, but it seems DISM doesn't inform windows that it's currently busy and processing. Driver integration resumed perfectly when it woke back up. Wonderful!

Edited by Morgue

Thanks.

The interesting thing is, if I use the script Mr_Smartepants developed to integrate the drivers, it catches them all. The script itself is just a batch file using DISM to do the integration, and it manages to locate and integrate all the drivers without any issues. If I can provide more information for you, let me know how.

And yeah, the second part of my post was aimed more at Mr_Smartepants. I should go and sign up at driverpacks and give him a PM, but I figure he's the kinda guy (like myself) to check this thread 50 times a day :icon_cool:

This leads me to a question, i've already tried to integrate the drivers into a previous image that I've fiddled with, which installs correctly in my VM, however I've noticed I've got a 12 gig DriverStore\FileRepository folder in my image. Brings my entire install up to 22.9 gig.

Is there any way I could reduce this folder's size? I'd really like to be able to integrate the entirety of the driverpacks into my disk (Iso image is only 4gig so far, quite acceptable) and have it auto detect the drivers during the windows install (or first boot).

Sorry, I don't check this thread 50 times a day! ;)

At DriverPacks, we don't recommend integrating all the packs into Win7 for precisely the reason you pointed out. The DriverStore folder balloons in size from the integrated drivers. That's just a waste of space in my opinion.

For my own builds, I only integrate Chipset & Mass Storage (and sometimes LAN). That's all. The rest I install with my SAD2 script. This keeps the DriverStore folder size to a reasonable level.

DISM can't be used to add/remove drivers from an online image.

There may be a way to script a driver "cleanup" using pnputil.

>pnputil -?
Microsoft PnP Utility
Usage:
------
pnputil.exe [-f | -i] [ -? | -a | -d | -e ] <INF name>
Examples:
pnputil.exe -a a:\usbcam\USBCAM.INF -> Add package specified by USBCAM.INF
pnputil.exe -a c:\drivers\*.inf -> Add all packages in c:\drivers\
pnputil.exe -i -a a:\usbcam\USBCAM.INF -> Add and install driver package
pnputil.exe -e -> Enumerate all 3rd party packages
pnputil.exe -d oem0.inf -> Delete package oem0.inf
pnputil.exe -f -d oem0.inf -> Force delete package oem0.inf
pnputil.exe -? -> This usage screen

Personally i only integrate the drivers i need and not the whole driver packs lol :P If i want all the drivers in my install i just copy the folder to the DVD source and manually add them after install to keep the install.wim down

Edited by Legolash2o

Finally got a few minutes spare to myself to try the SAD2 script. Worked wonders. At least, from what I could tell within the VM. Much more preferable to run the script afterwards, and as suggested, i've integrated the basics into the boot.wim. Just to set up applications and settings in the post install.

Pretty everything is working ok with build 36, and no more DISM warnings :) I have 2 questions:

1. Can the .cab SOLOR updates be supported by win7 toolkit? None of the 3 updates can be used by the cab update installer (error like this).

2. Can you modify KB2533552 so that it can be manually updated (for both x86 and x64) as a .cab file (which is contained in the .msu) with the same tool (cab update installer)? And if possible to be recognised by windows update as an installed update after windows install.

Also your warning maybe needs to be modified... this one. It's not really true, since some .infs MUST be integrated through DISM alongside their .exe install or unistall utility... for example some usb 3.0 drivers that aren't installed otherwise. SO DISM really integrates SOME .exes...

Edited by RicaNeaga

Once again 'Windows 7 Toolkit' is the best for customizing windows 7, The new update is spot on PM me your PP i want to buy you a beer for your hard work and making my work so easy!!!

Got 1 question with the silent install addon ive notice thing get install from A-Z, is there anyway of changing it because i need some apps to install first?

And could you add a restart after?

Cheers, James