W7T Changes History and Profiles

Chares

Hi,

i thought it would be a good idea to have a "Change History" management inside W7T,

for example, if one finishes up an AIO image, and the one closes W7T, one can reopen it, and list everything thats already there (modified by W7T), so that later new things can be modified, deleted or added.

(Gets a little frustrating when one's silent test application crashes the instalation because of bad switches, and one has to redo the image =P).

The history could include:

A.- AIO.

B.- Unnatended files.

C.- Silent Applications. - In All-In-One Tool

D.- Registry modifications. - NO Too Complicated

E.- etc.

Also it'll be nice to have a "profile manager" section. by having the mentioned history, one could have several profiles, like for example:

Profile 1: Windows 7 Home With Office 2007.

Profile 2: Winodws 7 Enteprise with office 2010 and Adobe Reader.

Profile N: N operating system, with N applications, with N modifications.

Lego: Last_Session.ini is created in AIO Tool.

Cheers!

Edited by Legolash2o

Be easier if I just made it save everything you put into the AIO integrator, but I do have a spare space for a new tool on the main menu. I will give it a go when I start v1.0.3,hopefully I won't receive many error logs, so far I've received none which is excellent.

To be honest I was thinking about moving the whole silent installer to a tab in AIO integrator, what you think?

Edited by Legolash2o

Be easier if I just made it save everything you put into the AIO integrator, but I do have a spare space for a new tool on the main menu. I will give it a go when I start v1.0.3,hopefully I won't receive many error logs, so far I've received none which is excellent.

To be honest I was thinking about moving the whole silent installer to a tab in AIO integrator, what you think?

Nice!. Yes yes, Ii think itll be a good idea, to have everything "Add" related into the AIO, maybe change the name to "Applications" for example ^_^

Anything you need im at your disposal,

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

I've got rid of Profile Manager, however in the AIO Tool, you can now save EVERYTHING you have added into ALL the lists into an .ini file, you can now also load them saving your alot of time manually adding them all again.

Also a 'Last Session.ini' is created automatically as soon as you click 'Start'.

P.S. Check the 1st post, i've made some changes to it.

I added the option for W7T to output a file with changes which W7T has made itself, but it would be too complicated to list all changes the user has made if for example they use the WIM Registry Mounter to make changes.

With the unattended, i have added an import button so you can edit a previously created unattended file by W7T.

I hope all this is enough.

EDIT: I have marked this request as Done, if you have more request then please make a new topic :)

Edited by Legolash2o