• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was testing your addon due to some queries in MSFN forum which I referred to your post. (Noted that shortcut only created in All Users Start Menu)
I couldn't get -ai2 or -ai3 to work as there is no registry entry created.
Opened the config.txt and spotted error.

The partial string of

Install /d %%S\\GCSE.EXE\" -gm2 -ai1\" /f"

should be

Install /d \"%%S\\GCSE.EXE\" -gm2 -ai1\" /f"

Hence \" is missing at begining of %%S\\GCSE.EXE\"

Perhaps for your consideration also to give a title so that program title is visible during ROE installation

;!@Install@!UTF-8!Title="GoogleChrome"BeginPrompt="GoogleChrome\n\nInstall GoogleChrome\n\n\nAvailable command-line switches:\n\n-ai\tSilent unattended installation\n-ai1\tPassive unattended installation\n-ai2\tPassive RunOnceEx installation\n\n\nClick \"Yes\" to install.  Click \"No\" to cancel."ExtractTitle="GoogleChrome"ExtractDialogText="Please wait while the installation routine is extracted"FinishMessage="GoogleChrome is successfully installed."GUIMode="1"GUIFlags="1+8+2048"HelpText="GoogleChrome\n\nSwitchless execution will install GoogleChrome\nin a passive unattended mode.\n\n\nAvailable command-line switches:\n\n-ai\tSilent unattended installation\n-ai1\tPassive unattended installation\n-ai2\tPassive RunOnceEx installation"RunProgram="ChromeSE.msi";Silent T-13[-ai]AutoInstall="ChromeSE.msi /qn";Passive [-ai1]AutoInstall1="ChromeSE.msi";RunOnceEx [-ai2]AutoInstall2="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\GCSE /ve /d \"Google Chrome SE\" /f"AutoInstall2="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\GCSE /v Install /d \"%%S\\GCSE.EXE\" -gm2 -ai1\" /f";Silent ROE [-ai3]AutoInstall3="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\GCSE /ve /d \"Google Chrome SE\" /f"AutoInstall3="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\GCSE /v Install /d \"%%S\\GCSE.EXE\" -gm2 -ai\" /f";!@InstallEnd@!

Best regards

Geej, thanks for looking into this addon. 

As all functions of the actual Addon work; I may change the config in the next version.

I have also retested the posted Addon and nevertheless it does correctly install at ROE.

Very strange indeed. I just run gcse -gm2 -ai3 on the command line again, then check the RunOnceEx key and still no entry created.
(For your info, I did not test for slipstream. I just unpack the addon, run the ROE command line syntax.)
For what I know, this is the method I usually test for ROE. If can't create RunOnceEx entry this way, later when slipstream, no ROE installation will take place.

OK., so one more test on my (Vista) laptop today:
Unpack the addon, copy the exe to root and launch
C:\GCSE.EXE -gm2 -ai2 , I check regedit and find:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\GCSE]
"Install"="C:\\GCSE.EXE -gm2 -ai1"

Tested yesterday on XP system and installed on first boot.

Edited by jaynbe

Just for your feedback (since you find no error at your end)

I noticed there is an error I posted earlier.
I should have include \" at begining of %%S but must remove \" at end of GCSE.EXE

Hence to get the the registry using -ai2 or -ai3 at my end, I need to change the string from

/v Install /d %%S\\GCSE.EXE\" -gm2 -ai1\" /f"
to
/v Install /d \"%%S\\GCSE.EXE -gm2 -ai1\" /f"

Hence the whole modified config with Program Title displayed at ROE is

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
Title="GoogleChrome"
BeginPrompt="GoogleChrome\n\nInstall GoogleChrome\n\n\nAvailable command-line switches:\n\n-ai\tSilent unattended installation\n-ai1\tPassive unattended installation\n-ai2\tPassive RunOnceEx installation\n\n\nClick \"Yes\" to install.  Click \"No\" to cancel."
ExtractTitle="GoogleChrome"
ExtractDialogText="Please wait while the installation routine is extracted"
FinishMessage="GoogleChrome is successfully installed."
GUIMode="1"
GUIFlags="1+8+2048"
HelpText="GoogleChrome\n\nSwitchless execution will install GoogleChrome\nin a passive unattended mode.\n\n\nAvailable command-line switches:\n\n-ai\tSilent unattended installation\n-ai1\tPassive unattended installation\n-ai2\tPassive RunOnceEx installation"
RunProgram="ChromeSE.msi"
;Silent T-13[-ai]
AutoInstall="ChromeSE.msi /qn"
;Passive [-ai1]
AutoInstall1="ChromeSE.msi"
;RunOnceEx [-ai2]
AutoInstall2="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\GCSE /ve /d \"Google Chrome SE\" /f"
AutoInstall2="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\GCSE /v Install /d \"%%S\\GCSE.EXE -gm2 -ai1\" /f"
;Silent ROE [-ai3]
AutoInstall3="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\GCSE /ve /d \"Google Chrome SE\" /f"
AutoInstall3="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\GCSE /v Install /d \"%%S\\GCSE.EXE -gm2 -ai\" /f"
;!@InstallEnd@!

Verified got ROE entry, like this.
@="Google Chrome SE"
"Install"="C:\\GCSE.EXE -gm2 -ai"

Cheers

Have you at least tried to integrate as is?
I have been using it for 18 months; as have others.
Numerous integrations at ROE have always installed.

EDIT: 4 jan. after testing again.

Edited by jaynbe

Just tested, works at roe. 

So I wonder why when manual test on commandline, it doesn't work. Then I realised if GCSE.EXE is in file path with space, there is no roe entry. But if file path is without space, there is roe entry. So technically, slipstreaming will still work at roe. 

Cheers 

Did some more tests; even made an addon with modified config.
Conclusion: new addon with modified config does NOT work at ROE.

All testing with posted addon DO install at ROE
So I won't change config.

Even commandline works for me on all systems
C:\GCSE.EXE -gm2 -ai2 and installs at reboot.

Edited by jaynbe

First, rest assure that I'm not trying to say your config doesn't work at ROE but I simply couldn't get ROE entry when run on commandline manually. Just trying to understand why. So relax. Just treat it as a mere discussion with an open mind. (It might be a possible remote bug, that's all). At the end of the day, it's still works at ROE.

I slipstreamed modified config (post #45) at ROE, it works. See screenshot ( I paused ROE just to take screenshot). Why it didn't work at your end, I don't know. Strange.

SczWH.png

Just curious if you run GCSE.exe from My Documents folder with roe switch, do you have roe entry? (from your own build, not modified one)

If you do not wish to response, I end my post here.

Cheers

Just curious if you run GCSE.exe from My Documents folder with roe switch, do you have roe entry?

Ran both installers with actual and modified configs from commandline.
With the posted installer I got each time the ROE entry from sourcepath eg.:

"Install"="C:\\Windows\\GCSE.EXE -gm2 -ai1"

Sourcepath doesn't matter, each time I get ROE entry with the right path.
Same tests with the modified config returned no ROE reg entry at all.

Note that my installers do not showup in a typical ROE-window;
they run like a T-13 Addon but (with ROE switches) at ROE T-0.