help with Outlook_part*.pst

DeltaCom

Hi, i hope i'm in the right place. over a few hours of googling hasn't proved any help at all..

a friend of mine had his PC crash (bad virus) and i pulled his data off his hard drive for him and then restored it. All was good except for his outlook profile. Which isn't just outlook.pst

the files he has are outlook.pst outlook_part2.pst, Outlook_part3.pst, and outlook_part4.pst

However none of them outlook sees as .pst files. it just says "(filepath)\outlook.pst is not a Personal folders file" regardless of which one i used.

he says he never split the files. So what exactly happened? Is all his outlook data gone?

Hmm, those files sound like archives.

Outlook by default is moving older e-mails in the arthive.pst, but user is always asked for this action. He might have made these files during the archiving process.

Try to open each of these .pst files. If mails are in the lost and found, that is better than nothing. You'll probably have to recreate folders and sort mails as they were before.

That was some nasty virus infection eh?

• 3 years later...