Libraries in Windows XP SP3

George King

I´m working on nlite addon, which will move original folders Documents, Music, Pictures to Libraries like Windows 7. Here are some pictures from my Windows XP SP3 CSY

Screen from Libraries folder

dbpllc.jpg

Libraries icon on desktop

2yxltar.jpg

Libraries and Shared Libraries in Computer

20iuteq.jpg

Showing Libraries icon on desktop and Shared Libraries in Computer can be set up in Folder Settings

And yes, this addon will be easy to translate to others languages :)

What do you think about it? :)

Required .RES patches (This shell32.dll.res patch will force rename My Computer and My Network Places):

Shell32.dll.res

Strings

9107 - replace "" with ""

9121 - replace "" with ""

9122 - replace "" with ""

9123- replace "" with ""

9429 - replace "" with ""

12552 - replace "" with ""

21785 - replace "" with ""

21791 - replace "" with ""

21792 - replace "" with ""

21793 - replace "" with ""

21794 - replace "" with ""

21795 - replace "" with ""

30386 - replace "" with ""

30387 - replace "" with ""

30480 - replace "" with ""

30481 - replace "" with ""

Icons

New added

NTSHRUI.DLL.res

Dialog

1025 - in SysLink text replace "Shared documents" with "Shared Libraries"

Edited by George King

Guys, does anybody know, if we can pernamently remove mydocs.dll from installation source?

Because I think we dont need it (maybe) :)

Now i pernametly removed from installation source old Documents CLSID {450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103} from all files:

compatws.inf
migsys.inf
mydocs.dll
SHELL32.DLL
twext.dll
cscui.dll
classic.the
luna.the
system.adm

Edited by George King

• 1 month later...

I think im in the end of this project, only some thing missing.. I need to add right click option "Properities" on Libraries shell object and also add tab which allow move this object somewhere.. :) And if someone want to make this project in english, just write here. We need many tests.. :)

Edited by George King

I think im in the end of this project, only some thing missing.. I need to add right click option "Properities" on Libraries shell object and also add tab which allow move this object somewhere.. :) And if someone want to make this project in english, just write here. We need many tests.. :)

I registered only 'cause I found this... xD I was looking for somethinig like this for my WinXP. Libraries is one of three (maybe more) things I do like from 7. Thus I found this topic :o !!!

I'm very looking forward to this! I can help you with English, I think, and also Spanish and Italian. And testing! Waiting for your answer =)

• 1 year later...

Hi

where can I download this fetature?

Can I even modify my existing windows XP to have this feature?

Regards

Vitek

• 2 months later...

Hey, great Idea. Im running Xp x64 at my Desktop and 7 x64 at my Laptop and my Tablet. Will it work with 64bit too? I want to keep XP at my desktop PC until the end... of the PC, not the end of Support in 2014. And i try to keep as close as possible to the standards set by windows 7. I search for any methods to let my PC under take part in the new features. Thanks a lot. PS: will the tool be available in german?

• 1 year later...