Run With Parameters 2.1.6

Geej

Homepage

Tiny tool, which allows running any application with a parameter. Instead of going to the Command Prompt, users can simply right-click an application and enter the parameters in the pop-up window.

Features:
- integrates into Explorer
- remembers last parameters per application
- knows the default parameters of some popular tools
- supports custom file types

Context Menu with Explorer Integration.
When right-click, 'Run With Parameters' will appear in context menu for .bat, .cmd, .exe, .msi, .msp, .scr , .vbs file type
'Run With Parameters (as administrator)' will appear in context menu for .exe, .scr type when 'shift' key is hold down.

Default is English. To change language, see [Readme] section of the inf.

GaJtk.png
RunWithParameters216_inf_addon.cab
Size: 72.21 Kb (73,946 bytes)
MD5: A6EE890F8A49F3A05BB19390542F6210

Edited by Geej

user_hidden, thanks.

Have check out your link. Very similar in nature.

Perhaps there is another one I happen to stumble upon, using vbs to create the installation and program. (2-in-1)

at MSFN

I just tried it, looks okay. hehe...

• 6 months later...

Thanks Geej.

I have been using this for a few months now and have a report to make.

I integrate with RVMi. (XP SP3 + u_h qfe update pack)

If I integrate this addon alone, without integrating other addons in the same session, it works just fine.

If I integrate this with several other addons in the same integration step, the integration completes without errors--but Windows setup hangs at T-35 almost every time.

I tried to pinpoint the exact reason for this hang but could not find it.

Just thought I would let you know.

As it is, I simply integrate it in a separate step from my other addons and it works just fine.

Edited by shiner

Thanks for sharing.

Usually, I just test out my addon on HFSlip & nlite on VM. (but mainly on HFSlip only). I have taken some effort to test on RMVi sometime back. Once it works, I also tested same addon on nlite & HFSlip. But tesing in various scenario on different slipstreamer is too time-consuming for me. Hence only basic testing is done.

My main slipstreamer is HFSlip as it can be run fully unattended, saving me lots of precious time.

Frankly, T35 stage is installing device/network. I do not see how my addon can affect this stage.

Googling T35 hang problem reveals conflict with some device.

Not suggesting there is device conflict at your end but just for info as I'm clueless with this kind of problem too.

EDIT

Look at Resolution item 2. It might helps.

• 1 year later...

And even another.... 

http://www.mainsoft.fr/en/downloads.htm

ExecParm v 1.3
ExecParm is another Context Menu extension for Windows Explorer. It allows you to run a program with parameters on the command line. Seems useless? Without ExecParm you'll have to go to the Start | Run... menu, remember the path for the executable and then enter the command line parameters. You'll see, ExecParm is much simpler, especially when used in conjunction with Clipname.

• 2 weeks later...

Geej,

Hi. Does the tooltip for the checkbox work for you, because it's completely black for me.

version 2.0.1 was exactly the same.

I saw in the changelog that this was supposed to be fixed in version 2.0.0.2.

I am running on XP SP3.

It is a cosmetic problem that doesn't affect functionality at all but should probably be reported to Jan Sott.

I can do so, if you haven't already.

Hi shiner
I don't understand what do you mean by 'completely back'? Yes there is no tool tip when checked/unchecked but not 'completed black'.
(At least there is nothing 'completely black' that I observed)
There is a new beta release  again but I will probably update when I got time. Perhaps you can check it out first.
Feel free to report to Jan Sott.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...