Error Not able to install

MANIKANT.S.GUPTA

While testing my custom windows 7 Sp1 i got the error "Some components couldn't be configured" if i continue further it show set up cannot be installed try restarting and then it automatically goes for restarting and afterwards it showed As your computer was shutdown unexpectedly try restarting the computer to install further and from the same error continues , i have removed only local themes, tv tuners cards drivers, some addons by reapers and silent installer with valid switches.

I am also integrating ati display driver by showing the Inf folder. What am i doing wrong

• 2 months later...

I also integrate ALL SoLoR updates. When I include autunattend.xml, I receive a message "windows could not apply unattend settings during pass [offlineservicing]". When I don't include autounattend.xml, the installer enters the restart loop. But this only happens on x64 version, x86 seems to work fine.

W7Tx64.ini

So it's maybe an x64 update, hmmm...

KB2603229 (x64)?

What happens if you just integrate updates with all the other lists empty? Thanks.

Last build I didnt include it (altough I saw it), and all worked fine, except copying unattended into DVD root.

Using latest version, ofcourse, so it must be it, which is screwing up your W7 Builds... :g:

I also encountered this error, it's probably one of the newer SoLoR updates. Can you all upload your last session.ini please.

I'm going to start from scratch and upload session.ini, just going to integrate on ultimate cause it took me 6 hours to integrate into AIO. I'll be integrating everything from solor's pack including the KB's that are label red plus those in placeholder folder... BTW i'll be using W7T v.61B with just few WA....

Going to start from scratch due to Solor's Update:

• Updated: 07.11.2011

• - Added: KB2532445-v2, KB2593591

• - Removed: KB2549760, KB2568041, KB2590443 (x64), KB2566205 (x86), KB2503820, KB2566205-v2

Edited by Cipherfx2

@ Cipher,er1ch -- the error u are getting is,might be for integrating hotfixes of solor's, bcoz MS clearly states :-- "Apply this hotfix only

to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing."

So,u try excluding solor's hf's(-hotfixes).

@krushna: Except for an occasional error, (like now perhaps?), Solor's updates are quite thoroughly tested for compatibility, and normally do not cause problems, even if you are not one of those "...that are experiencing the problem described in this article." Personally, I like to have all the fixes even before I have the problem, as a preventative measure. As has also been mentioned, you might as well get them, because when the next roll-up or service pack is released they will all be included anyway. Just my two cents.

Cheers and Regards

Still getting these error at installation, stage where "completing windows": the error message,

"Windows could not configure one or more system components.

To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart

the installation."

after restarting, "Starting Windows" flash appears, then installation message: "Setup is starting services"

and finally this message appears every restart:

"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.

Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to

restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

Attaching session.ini:

Last_Session(08-11-2011).zip

• 2 weeks later...
I also integrate ALL SoLoR updates. When I include autunattend.xml, I receive a message "windows could not apply unattend settings during pass [offlineservicing]". When I don't include autounattend.xml, the installer enters the restart loop. But this only happens on x64 version, x86 seems to work fine.
I was hoping the bug has been fixed by now and tried crafting a new image. I still experience the exact same problem as I described above. That is, x86 build working fine and x64 setup entering restart loop. :g:

22-11-2011_08-18-59.ini

I ran W7T on x64 Pro with the exact same settings as above, but integrated no updates. Right upon starting the VM, Windows Boot Manager gives me an error status 0xc0000225: unexpected error. :sad01_anim:

Again, I'm running W7T on Win7 Pro x64. I use identical settings for x86 & x64. Yet x86 starts up fine, but x64 fails on boot. :sad02: