BlackViper-ish service configuration

sirtex

Do you mean like presets?
I was intending just a list of checkboxes with the Display name, short description of what it does (popup or whatever), maybe the Service Name (Registery), & perhaps if it is on by default after fresh instal & BlackViper's various recommendations. But if presets are easiest for you, that is a good idea also! Check boxes aren't necessary either, if I can edit a simple tab-delmitited text file, that works also.

I find manually disabling or placing to "Automatic" the services I don't need/use often a great start-up booster & frees a bit of memory also. & helps with security (turn off remote desktop, etc).

TIA for whatever you decide!

Edited by Legolash2o

I've just made it display it's default name and service name (these where already present but not shown).

If I can edit a simple tab-delmitited text file, that works also.

What lol? Sorry that just went straight over my head :P details details and more details please :D

EDIT: I did have tooltips for all the services but for some reason some have disappeared :ranting: :g:

Edited by Legolash2o

At the moment yes (single), but you can also Save your current selection and import them later. However right im now checking to see if i could someone allow you to select multiple services at once and change them.

Edited by Legolash2o

What lol? Sorry that just went straight over my head :P details details and more details please
Oh I meant if instead or also-with a GUI, a text file can be read to configure the services. That way one can open a file called "Safe-Office.txt" & have the presets like cloferba wants. (Would be helpful to save for later use, & for exchanging).

Or perhaps Win7TK already makes an XML file for its configuration?... I'll have to d/l & play with your new alpha; time for a nap!

cheers

The latest alpha let's you save what you have selected in the AIO Tool to an external file, so when you select that file later on... it's all selected again.

corrected (translators might get konfuzed ;) Although I feel safer it is savable.)

Thanks for your work!

Edited by sirtex

have you already implemented presets of blackvipers configurations?

No not yet, a task like this can take sometime, for now you are better off just using the Save/Load feature on the AIO Tool.

I'm thinking this question may have been directed at me; since I requested it.

Not yet either; I'm still getting files ready & downloaded for installation. Just got in Komplete7, & downloaded 2Gb worth of updates.... comes in like 10DVDs. I might not make configs for all BlackViper's profiles, but I'll be willing to share my profile :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just letting you know i have not forgotten about this and it will get implemented, still waiting for bug reports although i hardly get any logs these days so should be soon. This task would prob take some time. :)

At the same time i will probably add the missing descriptions (tooltips).

Just letting you know i have not forgotten about this and it will get implemented, still waiting for bug reports although i hardly get any logs these days so should be soon. This task would prob take some time. :)

At the same time i will probably add the missing descriptions (tooltips).

Well, now that you added the ability to import .REG files, I wonder if this is even needed/switch to low low priority? Users can either hand-hack a master .REG file, or use BlackVipers's handy builder:

http://www.blackviper.com/Windows_7/customREG_Ultimate64.php

http://www.speedyvista.com/windows7/registry.php

...then import it in W7Tk?

Up to you; there are advantages to having it all in-house. Just noting to others that there are good work-arounds (& I had to use google for it anyway; might as well save the URLs here ;) )

• 1 month later...