WinCert.net downloads manager

NIM

We're proud to announce IP Downloads Manager that we have implemented on our Forum.

IP Downloads Manager should help our members easily upload, download, store, update, rate and comment files published on Wincert.net Forum

You can visit Downloads section HERE.

Some of the IP Downloads features:

IP.Downloads has all the features you need to manage a file sharing area in your community, including advanced features to control permissions and resource usage.

Bulk Import

If you have a directory full of files or a zip file, you can import those files all at once into IP.Downloads saving you time from one-by-one uploads.

Forum Topic Creation

The administrator can allow automatic generation of a forum topic linked to the file for ongoing discussion or support.

File Revisions

When new versions of a file are updated, the old versions are showing as an archive allowing your visitors to access old versions for reference.

File Type Control

IP.Downloads includes configurations for control of what file types are allowed to be added, file types allowed for screenshots, and whether to force the file to display on the site or download to the visitor's computer.

Statistics

Your AdminCP can identify downloads per IP address, country, browser, and more. You can also run reports on files and members.

Permissions

Your member group permissions also exist in IP.Downloads allowing you to control the access levels of your members.

User Control

Your visitors can comment on files, add them to a favorite list, email links to others, rate the files, and track them to get updates when they change.

File Screenshots

Sometimes you need to take a screenshot of what one of your files looks like when used. IP.Downloads supports screenshots for previewing files along with copyright stamping or watermarking of those screenshots.

Storing Files

There are various options for file storage and security including sorting files outside of the public web areas, a remote FTP server, or linking to a remote location.

Yeah, I hope too.

For now, all of the files are shared on our server but if get into problems, I might find another solution by configuring remote FTP which would be transparent for our users, regardless of uploading or downloading.

As for the limit, our host limitation is 10MB, but I have put a limit on 4MB per file. Larger files should be put elsewhere for now.

Also, Lego requested that Windows 7 Toolkit files should be available for download for our guests too, that could pose an issue because we have not captcha for downloading and therefore we can have bots and spammers downloading and therefore raising our bandwidth.

I will create requested section, but tell me would it be OK if I configure download access only for our members?

Having downloads limited to forum members would definitely be a good thing. At a minimum, it should tell you how many people are benefiting from the downloads. Maybe some of those who sign up, would then be able to contribute back to the forum.

I completely agree with you. Well, 99% of our visitors benefit from applications, addons and support from our respectful contributors for free, at least they can sign-up. Not to mention the server/software costs :(