NET 4

komitaltrade

The best way to "integrate" .net 4 into windows 7 is actually to locate an installer for *just* .net 4 and install it near the end of the Win 7 setup or at the first login. There are a few .net 4 installers at there (most for x32 bit, some include x64 bit). The one I am using is located here: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9013&highlight=

The best way to "integrate" .net 4 into windows 7 is actually to locate an installer for *just* .net 4 and install it near the end of the Win 7 setup or at the first login.

But, that is the question - how to install it near the end of the Win 7 setup!

P.S. Why "just" net4, why not updates also?

The installers for .Net 4 he's talking about include the updates for it. The updates for the other ,Net frameworks, 2, 3, 3.5, are included with all the rest of the regular Windows updates since they are an integral part of the OS now (Win7). The installer he prefers, from n0ak, is good but if you'll read down further in that same thread, you'll find mention of another one I prefer from Troubada, along with a discussion between the two of them and even links to a tutorial so that you can "roll your own" if you so choose.

Cheers and Regards

But, that is the question - how to install it near the end of the Win 7 setup!

P.S. Why "just" net4, why not updates also?

As bphlpt mentioned, yes the installer I was referring to does have the updates with it. One of the reasons why I mentioned it. As for installing it *with* Windows 7, I think you can put it in as a silent installer with W7T *or* you can use the setupcomplete.cmd (discussed else where) to run some of those final installers.

The installers for .Net 4 he's talking about include the updates for it. The updates for the other ,Net frameworks, 2, 3, 3.5, are included with all the rest of the regular Windows updates since they are an integral part of the OS now (Win7). The installer he prefers, from n0ak, is good but if you'll read down further in that same thread, you'll find mention of another one I prefer from Troubada, along with a discussion between the two of them and even links to a tutorial so that you can "roll your own" if you so choose.

Cheers and Regards

Yes, I should have specifically linked to Troubada's post as it is his installer I was using. However that thread in and of itself has the necessary information to "roll your own" also. Thank you for clearing that up.

Edited by crashfly

If you know the silent install switch to make it install silently, just add it to the Silent Installers tab in AIO.

The installer listed on that thread is "automatically" a silent installer. So no switches necessary. So yes it can be added without switches.

The installer listed on that thread is "automatically" a silent installer. So no switches necessary. So yes it can be added without switches.

Link is fine and it works fine, but it run after ООBE and I need the way to run it before OOBE (I should to make installation in AUDIT mode).

I'm curious. What's going on in your system that you need .Net4 before OOBE?

Cheers and Regards

Welcome!

I'm using Windows 7 OEM Recovery Partition tools creator and I need basic install images (what Generic from OEM RT will not cover).

With AIO images ISO (what W7T can do), I can do what I need to do.

So, now I just need NET 4 before OOBE and everything will be perfect.

for those who want to build a silent .Net 4 with updates includes, you should look for "SoLoR" .Net installer (contains both x86 and x64 / ~100Mb) => [up-to-date]

then read the very interesting forum "mydigitallife" to understand how to build a slim & silent .Net4 installer => from page 135 to 138

i used ricktendo64 MST slimmers too (p. 136), and everything works fine :-)

i could build my own .Net Framework4 up-to-date.

it contains both x86 & x64 and only x86 is installed on x86 machine :-)

i added 3 updates for a 47Mb result installer.

For more .Net 4 Goodness, check out - http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9013 - There are actually a couple of different installers discussed in this thread, and the differences between them - one from n0ak and one from troubada (trobada @RyanVM = Trinket @MDL), both work well. The tutorials are referenced here as well, also based on those from ricktendo64. The current latest ,Net 4 installer from Trinket/troubada, updated yesterday is here - http://www.mediafire.com/?m424tonun8rhtp1.

Cheers and Regards

It requires .Net 4 before OOBE? .Net 2-3-3.5 should already be in place since they are inherent to the OS. No disrespect, but this is the first, and only, posting I've seen on any forum that mentions a requirement for ,Net 4 before OOBE. I would have thought I would have seen this issue being raised before now.

Sorry Legolash2o, but I already wrote how I tried it (it works fine), but it is also after OOBE.

Please, explain about the Capture Image Tool. Is it capture existed installed image, or what (exactly)?

If it capture existed installed system image, maybe it can make the job (install in AUDIT mode and capture image, should be fine option).

Sorry i just checked and downloaded that addon, you're right it does start after OOBE.

How come you need .NET 4 before OOBE?

I'm using OEM Recovery Tools in installation, as it is great tool and ALL clients love it (fantastically easy and with 4 recovery mode options). But Generalize option in OEM RT not working for me, as I have lot of clients with different demands (and languages).

For me is great option W7T with Create AIO Disk and than client specific customization.

As OEM RT installation system should to be completely done in AUDIT mode, it is clear how I need NT 4 before OOBE (otherwise I'm not able to install some of the applications, and worst, complete NET 4 installation last lot of the time and clients will be pi... off to wait it).

I hope so how it is clear now.

P.S. Do you see how entire ad-dons section is practically useless (except if somebody don't use pirated software to patch it etc.)?

Everything can be done via silent installer option and I can suggest to you to try to organize some sort of the post OOBE GUI (with order management will be great) with list of the available post install applications (like RT7Lite), where final user will be able to make his own choice of final system.

...it is clear how I need NT 4 before OOBE (otherwise I'm not able to install some of the applications,

What applications require .Net 4 in order to install? I've been trying to find some for testing purposes.

...and worst, complete NET 4 installation last lot of the time and clients will be pi... off to wait it).

This, I understand.

...organize some sort of the post OOBE GUI (with order management will be great) with list of the available post install applications (like RT7Lite), where final user will be able to make his own choice of final system.

You mean like WPI?

Cheers and Regards