Vista Sidebar

NIM

I'm so frustrated with this WOW Vista OS..

I have:

P4 3,2 GHz

1GB Kingston HyperX DDR400

Asus P4 C-800 Deluxe

GeForce 6600 GT

2 SATA Hard disks in RAID0 Mode..

Could someoone please explain why do I have 2 Sidebar processes while runing that stupid Vista sidebar. One of them is taking 28 MB and the second 36 MB of my system memory. Also, very often that same Vista WOW Sidebar takes 50% of my CPU time..

I'm so frustrated that I'm one step from returning back to XP. I'll leave the famous WOW for some other people with milder temper..

post-1-1174933669_thumb.png

I had the same question. From what I've been able to ascertain, one process is for the system tray applet and one is for the sidebar itself. As for the high cpu usage, have you tried removing gadgets one at a time to see if it is a particular gadget that may be causing it?

I had the same question. From what I've been able to ascertain, one process is for the system tray applet and one is for the sidebar itself. As for the high cpu usage, have you tried removing gadgets one at a time to see if it is a particular gadget that may be causing it?

I noticed that the second one is for the system try applet, but haven't tried to remove the gadgets, I removed the sidebar and now Vista is working much better.

TBH I had only few gadgets ( RSS reader, Live Messenger Contacts and weather gadget ).

I noticed that "drive meter" gadget sometimes blocks my computer. It takes about 70% of my CPU but there is no visible malfunction on that gadget (sometimes it get white on borders :o ). So I just turn it off and back on and it works for a few days like a charm ^_^ .

I noticed that "drive meter" gadget sometimes blocks my computer. It takes about 70% of my CPU but there is no visible malfunction on that gadget (sometimes it get white on borders :o ). So I just turn it off and back on and it works for a few days like a charm ^_^ .

I'm gettin' white borders also, but I think that RSS gadget is giving me headache here..