Make custom installer file of windows 7 add new folders

oggge

Yes, they are similar to the XP way of doing things, except the location is different. Instead of in the root for XP, the $OEM$ folder has been moved to the location under sources: "\sources\$OEM$". You might have to look up the specific syntax, but as far as I remember '$OEM$\$$' refers to the Windows directory, '$OEM$\$1' is the root of the system drive and so on. There is a great explanation for it here: http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/18/ however I do not know if every convention used carries over to Win7. At least it will give you a starting point.

It would be a little better with a bit more info....

If your just wanting to copy a folder to a directory like Program Files or Windows... You can use the Tasks.txt file and have

Windows 7 Toolkit do it for you....

Name=My Folders
Creator=*Reaper*
Version=1.0.0.0
Arc=x86! (x86! only for x86 source... x64 only for x64 source)
Description=Copies my folder to where I want.
Website=http://www.wincert.net/

[CopyFolder]
Example Folder::Program Files (This will copy the "Example Folder" to Program Files so after installation it would be c:\Program Files\Example Folder)

MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE EVERYTHING in ()... I just put them there so you would know the use for them.

Then just take the "Example Folder" and the Tasks.txt file and zip them both to a filename such as My_Example_Addon.WA

Then use Windows 7 Toolkit and add it as a addon....

Hope this helps.... If not, tell me exactly what you are wanting to do and I'll try and help you out.

Edited by *Reaper*

• 5 months later...

Just found this Reaper...THANKS VERY MUCH

If your just wanting to copy a folder to a directory like Program Files or Windows... You can use the Tasks.txt file and have

Name=My Folders
Creator=*Reaper*
Version=1.0.0.0

[CopyFolder]
Example Folder::Program Files (This will copy the "Example Folder" to Program Files so after installation it would be c:\Program Files\Example Folder)

MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE EVERYTHING in ()... I just put them there so you would know the use for them.

Then just take the "Example Folder" and the Tasks.txt file and zip them both to a filename such as My_Example_Addon.WA

Hope this helps.... If not, tell me exactly what you are wanting to do and I'll try and help you out.

Reaper I am just about to do some tests and was wondering a few things:

1) If the folders I am copying are already created will this just add the files to the folders?

2) Is there a way to copy just files to a particular sub-folder in the Program Files (x86) directory.

One task I am looking to do is always copy the same three files to my Malwarebytes directory

Name=My Folders
Creator=*Reaper*
Version=1.0.0.0

[CopyFolder]

Reaper I am just about to do some tests and was wondering a few things:

1) If the folders I am copying are already created will this just add the files to the folders?

2) Is there a way to copy just files to a particular sub-folder in the Program Files (x86) directory.

One task I am looking to do is always copy the same three files to my Malwarebytes directory

1: I beleive so.. (But Im not 100% sure) I think it will just merge whatever files you are copying into the already created folder.

2: Yes... Just use the [FileCopy] command.

[CopyFile]

MyFile.exe::Program Files (x86)\Other Dir\Mine (This will copy the "MyFile.exe" to c:\Program Files (x86)\Other Dir\Mine)

Thanks trying it now...

1: I beleive so.. (But Im not 100% sure) I think it will just merge whatever files you are copying into the already created folder.

2: Yes... Just use the [FileCopy] command.

[CopyFile]

MyFile.exe::Program Files (x86)\Other Dir\Mine (This will copy the "MyFile.exe" to c:\Program Files (x86)\Other Dir\Mine)

• 3 weeks later...

Why don't you just add them straight to the Mount folder?

I add all my font's, wallpaper, themes, small apps ect this way without any problems.

1. Use Imagex to mount the .wim file to say 'C:\Mount'.
  2. Once mounted, open the 'C:\Mount' directory'. This will display the contents of the .wim file. ( (Program Files) - (Program Files(x86)) - (Windows) - ect)
  3. Goto the directory where you want these folders, and just create a new folder.
  4. Copy any Fonts, Wallpapers, Themes, ect into the correct folders.
  5. When you have done everything use Imagex to unmount the .wim image. Make sure you use the /Commit argument to commit the changes.

This is how i do it and also things like 'Adobe Flash Player - Shockwave Player - Adobe Reader - DirectX 10.1', and their registry settings.

I also do the same with some of my applications all registered and ready to run when i do a fresh install.