Windows 7 Toolkit v1.3.0 BETA

RicaNeaga

Hey, guys i'll probably be releasing a new version tonight with few important fixes and features (v60).

*FIX: Component Removal dependency check

*FIX: Hanging/Freezing on 'Almost Done..." in AIO Tool

*Added check for updates on main window

*Made main window smaller

*Sidebar in AIO Tool

*Sort all items in move items up, down, top or bottom in all AIO lists

*Component Remover now shows state, updates and folder sizes

It may also include

*Options for AIO now use tooltips

*Add rebuild after each image option in AIO

*Sort order of AIO by column

*Ability to integrate drivers with foreign characters

It's still, v1.3.59B? :g:

Oops, edited that. v60 released:

*FIX: Component Removal dependency check

*FIX: Hanging/Freezing on 'Almost Done..." in AIO Tool

*Added check for updates on main window

*Made main window smaller

*Sidebar in AIO Tool

*Sort all items in move items up, down, top or bottom in all AIO lists

*Component Remover now shows state, updates and folder sizes

*Sort order of AIO by column

*Make .bak optional for copying file

*Move AIO options descriptions to tooltips

Edited by Legolash2o

Thanks Liam.

One teeny tiny thing that krushna originally mentioned. It's VERY minor, but since you're doing so much to make it perfect...

On the Welcome tab under Drivers:

"I have noticed via the Error logs that a lot of drivers are not being integrated when non-English computers,..."

You might want to change the wording slightly. Either change "when" to "for", or say "when non-English computers are used", or "on computers with non-English OS", or whatever else you might think is most clear.

You might also want to include the warnings, reworded slightly, from here http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/topic/9125-warning-please-read/ on the welcome screen as well, in case whoever is doing that hasn't read that thread.

Thank you very much for all your hard work on this.

Cheers and Regards

@bphlpt

I agree with you regarding the warning :rtfm:

@ Legolash2o

Thanks for the v60B, I'll do some test later today since its Saturday here in my location, kinda slow since my two units are only Core Duo... will report later...

Can I use W7Toolkit to integrate these three updates: Windows6.1-KB2023591-x86.cab, Windows6.1-KB2495879-x86.cab, Windows6.1-KB2521168-x86.cab found on folder: "Integrate to installation media" on solor's package? What I did was manually copied it and replace the file except for this two file: loadstate.exe & scanstate.exe which is under KB2023591.... :g:

v61 has been released with just a few changes.

NOTE: W7T will keep prompting for new version, this is because i can't connect to the server and tell it there is a new version so W7T will keep saying v60 is available so just IGNORE it.

*Force unmount will detect if you have selected a proper mount folder, some people have been selecting the DVD itself :/

*Some people have been receiving an access is denied message when AIO tried to mount boot.wim so i've made it include a tiny bit more information (if the file is read-only or not).

@liam, in w7tookit options, u've add "Free Memory" which keep releasing available W7T memory, may I know what do u add/edit? I'm tryin' to find out what caused windows 7 are slow in some notebook (in my case its acer aspire 4540, 4 GB ram, AMD Turion II M520) n seem ur tweak in "Free Memory" work perfectly, so I think it can be used as tweak in global setting for windows 7 too.

mind to share that mate? thx in advance...

It's not a tweak, its just 3 lines of code which W7T runs every so often to release unused memory which W7T has used but not needed anymore. So again it's not a registry tweak, command prompt run, script, etc...

Are you planning on making you're own program to do the same?