Windows 7 Toolkit v1.3.0 BETA

RicaNeaga

It's not a tweak, its just 3 lines of code which W7T runs every so often to release unused memory which W7T has used but not needed anymore. So again it's not a registry tweak, command prompt run, script, etc...

Are you planning on making you're own program to do the same?

hmmm, but it's actually work in releasing CPU from too much resources (when I see task manager, the CPU bar is back to normal, n it makes the notebook perform better).

I'm not planning on makin' my own program, it just I'm spending about a month tryin' to make windows 7 work just like I expected in this notebook but I have no luck. Yesterday I'm just checking ur new w7toolkit n I got surprised becuz ur "Free Memory" options in W7 toolkit is actually fix performance issue while using Windows 7 in this notebook (there are 3 os, freedos (linux), xp x64, n windows 7 x64).

thx in advance.

Edited by ar_seven_am

[DllImport("psapi.dll")]
static extern int EmptyWorkingSet(IntPtr hwProc);

EmptyWorkingSet(Process.GetCurrentProcess().Handle);

I'm just making a mini program which will scan through all the process and free-ing the RAM by a simple icon next to the clock.

[DllImport("psapi.dll")]
static extern int EmptyWorkingSet(IntPtr hwProc);

EmptyWorkingSet(Process.GetCurrentProcess().Handle);

I'm just making a mini program which will scan through all the process and free-ing the RAM by a simple icon next to the clock.

When i first ran it, i free up 300MB lol

EDIT: It will also free up memory every 10 seconds.

has anyone tried with adding all x86 updates,and has it caused any problems,resulting in a bug.

http://www.wincert.n...ble-to-install/

Edited by Legolash2o

v62 released, couldn't be bothered to update the changelog but there are at least 3 fixes and some changes to the AIO preset list.

*Fixed an error in autounattended

*Fixed an error when integrating Language Packs

*Fixed an error when a file is listed in the AIO 'Files' table and then the user removes it

I haven't received many logs :)

v64 release.

*NEW: W7T now detects dism in 'Program Files\Windows AIK' folder

*Some more bug fixes

*Added more detail to Capture Image error logging to help fix an issue

*Added more detail to Unmount Image error logging if unsuccessful.

Edited by Legolash2o

Legolash2o

Take this opportunity to expand the window. To be able to see all the settings

59ffcd525941.jpg

Fixed.

Is there a way to make certain theme as default or can we choose which theme will be the default?

I think there is a way, but can't remember. Google it lol.

I might as well release a new version now then :P (nothing major in it)

UPDATE:

v65 released, i only had two error logs this morning both with the same problem (mounting boot.wim during AIO - Access is denied) and have told W7T to include more detail about the file, i.e. if it's read-only, where it's stored (Fixed, CD, Removable or Network). I've also stopped it including the wim information during the same process.

Edited by Legolash2o

Hey guys i said in the topic "The Little Things", i have added Speech Support and Natural Langauge to component removal which saves you between 590-890MB for just that component alone, it doesn't mark it as pending removal it just removes the files and reg entries.

When the next version is release please test it and let me know what you think. I will release the next version once i've got a few more things in "The Little Things" topic.

v66 has been release, way too many UI changes to list them all, component removal now has 'Speech Support and Natural Language' which saves you in between 590-890MB of space, USB Boot Prep should now detect all usb devices, partitions and will also work with individual partitions.

ISO Maker, will not load your previous settings on it's first run. I have made some changes to the settings.txt, i does save your previous folder & iso but only from when it was used from v66+

Edited by Legolash2o

v67 released

*Disable 'USB Prep Tool' on Windows XP as it doesn't work.

*Fixed Tool tab in main menu not hiding when you select it not to.

*Fixed a massive issue when using the File tab in AIO if the folder you want to copy the file to does not exist. It now creates the folders required.

v68 released

*Fixed a GUI glitch on Component Remover

*further 'Little Things' changes

*more logs for why unmounting fails as these are the only logs i am receiving these days.

Can't believe we are at build 68, i will make W7T 'Final' at build 75 which then no requests will get added until i start v1.4.0

The released between 1.3.0.75 and 1.4.0 will only contain bug fixes and stuff from 'The Little Things'. I'm tempted to do a 1.3.1 build before 1.4.0 to clean my code, make W7T more efficient (less RAM, etc..) and make the .exe smaller as it's now approaching 6MB. Before W7T get's to 1.4.0 i really want it to be a clean, bug free and perfect .

Heres what to expect before v1.3.0.75

Finish context menu for AIO

Add 'Report a Bug' on main page.

Let user view Error Logs before submitting

Rest of the forms will get the RAM optimization tweaks like AIO

Integrate drivers with foreign characters

Edited by Legolash2o

Hi there,

when i remove modem drivers with component removal, i can't install any modem... i tested with my nokia c5 phone... it can't install phone modem. i installed nokia ovi suite.even i tried to install modem manually through device manager.

Edited by patelsiraj1

I could be wrong, but I'll make a guess. It might like if you remove printer drivers - it removes the ability to support printers completely, so you can't add any printer driver no matter what you do. So if this is true and modems are handled the same way, then yes, you can't install any modems if you remove modem drivers.

Cheers and Regards

I could be wrong, but I'll make a guess. It might like if you remove printer drivers - it removes the ability to support printers completely, so you can't add any printer driver no matter what you do. So if this is true and modems are handled the same way, then yes, you can't install any modems if you remove modem drivers.

Cheers and Regards

That would be just like Microsoft to do that.

''I could be wrong, but I'll make a guess. It might like if you remove printer drivers - it removes the ability to support printers completely, so you can't add any printer driver no matter what you do. So if this is true and modems are handled the same way, then yes, you can't install any modems if you remove modem drivers.''

you have right, i have remove the printer drivers in a disc before longtime. i do a format in a friend & fresh install of windows. i try to install the drivers from the cd drivers of printer but something missing in windows. i download the newest drivers from printer site, same error. something missing in windows. i install again windows from other disc with printer drivers & the printer works. after that, never remove drivers from windows disc

Edited by filter