Windows 7 Toolkit v1.3.0 BETA

RicaNeaga

Well...then hello for you, Legolash2o too... :P

EDIT: As it seems, preset file got loaded correctly now, and also all tweaks were successfully applied... ;)

Edited by Etz

Haha yeah it's a debug message, i'll get rid of it :P

Legolash, if you wanted my unattended file, it's 2 post back - post 164 :)

Lol, i didn't see that :P try making in AnyCPU and see if it works. i.e. have x86 and x64 entries in the file. Worth a try :P

It may be because you have used the old apply unattended method which integrates it into the image.

Edited by Legolash2o

Tryed various settings for unattended, none of them worked, even the one attached (I gave up the x86/x64 stuff, and also the serial) didn't. I will try another file generated by WAIK and see how that goes. Until then I ask you Legolash to check this problem - waiting however to see if other users are experiencing the same issues :(

Autounattend.xml

UNBELIEVABLE FIND!!!

I found out why NO unattended worked for me - I installed from USB!!! I used the same unnatended file from a cd and NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER - a COMPLETE unnatended experience :D

Before I did this I played with the various settings, and also thought the reason was that I deleted other OEM images besides Home Premium - WRONG again!

Maybe it's just because of the software used - RMPrepUSB. I'll also try other install-7-from-USB softs like UltraISO, WinToFlash and, why not, W7T :D

Sorry for the trouble, even more sorry for the time I managed to waste (not exactly in vain, but very close to), but I can concluse something after all :dancing:

I tried all the softs above with tha same result - the unattended options aren't taken into account through the installation process. So it isn't 95% an usb format&preparing software issue.

However, from what I've found so far, my problem was 100% due to installing from USB. If I install from a DVD, everything is ok with ANY unattended file. :) Can another forum member confirm this?

One Question tho, why dont you use W7T built-in USB option?

I will test Unattended tonight, same file that worked earlier without a problem... ;)

Will report what will happen...

All went as expected, fully silent install... :P

Edited by Etz

One Question tho, why dont you use W7T built-in USB option?

Yes, same as with other softs. Unattended doesn't work when 7 is installed via usb. :(

All went as expected, fully silent install... :P

Din you installed on a live system? Or just on a virtual PC?

Edited by RicaNeaga

Yes, same as with other softs. Unattended doesn't work when 7 is installed via usb. :(

Din you installed on a live system? Or just on a virtual PC?

For most of the time I use VirtualBox for testing, also installed one "live" system with this Autounattended.xml file, also went smoothly...and fully silent... ;)

EDIT: Oddly enough, only problem that I encountered is still "Logon Background" tweak loading from preset. Background didnt got replaced... :g:

Have to every time, re-tweak it, to get it happening, even if I load preset that already contains that tweak.

Edited by Etz

Ok, thanks. I used a second USB stick, and the result is the same for me - unattended options don't matter. I really don't know how this works for you on a LIVE system via USB.

BTW, if anyone else has a working unattended xml file, please test it on your LIVE / WORKING system via USB, and not through tools like Virtual BOX, using any USB boot software you'd like (none work for me - I mean they do the job supposed to to - I am able to install windows, but the unattended options aren't preserved - doesn't matter with any of RMPrepUSB,UltraISO, WinToFlash or W7T). I've attached my working unnatended xml files for Windows 7 Home Premium x86 & x64, and also for Ultimate x86 & x64 - maybe it's best you please one of those, since I know it works 100% via DVD installation. :)

You don't have to really install windows on your live system - if unattended works, the first step you see is choosing your partition to install (if you use one of the attached xml files). If not, the first step you see is choosing your locale (language etc.)

Legolash, I know this disscusion is a little offtopic, please move some posts to a thread named smth like 100% unattended.xml doesn't work when installing from an USB stick. Thanks. :)

unattended xml files.zip

Edited by RicaNeaga

Solved the problem and made a thread about the solution for it here.

Legolash, you can delete my previous posts, or move them to a separate thread if you want, but I think it's a good idea to mention about this problem in W7T, like a warning, so others won't waste their time, and maybe even yours with false errors for unnatended. :)

Hi all

1322761857-clip-7kb.png

what does that mean? what sense of integrating INF files without driver's files?

i tried to integrate drivers for LAN\SOUND\USB3.0 into win7 x86 image, then installed it on VM workstation 8.0 0 -> made image using acronis back up and recovery - > recover image to physical machine aaaand no any drivers i had integrated before were installed.

WHY?

:)

hi liam, just suggestion, in wim manager also AIO tool, instead checking "IMAGE NAME" why not checking "IMAGE INDEX"? it's more accurate becuz even in the *.wim image u have the same "IMAGE NAME" but different architecture (x86 or x64) it will correctly load/mount the image we choose.

why I said that? I give my test result (actually I forget to rename the "IMAGE NAME" of image that I want to build in dual architecture (x86 n x64) but I found ur tool bug).

1. Source: install.wim -> Windows 7 ULTIMATE (x86) & Windows 7 ULTIMATE (x64) exported manually by imagex. (dont rename the image, just export that)

2. Mount image index 1 (Windows 7 ULTIMATE (x86)), it mounted correct.

3. Mount image index 2 (Windows 7 ULTIMATE (x64)), it will mount image index 1 becuz ur tool only check "IMAGE NAME" which have the same name as "Windows 7 ULTIMATE".

thx in advance.

what does that mean? what sense of integrating INF files without driver's files?

You use all the driver's files, you just have to make sure the INF file is exposed. Ie if the divers files are all in either a zip or exe file, with no INF file, then extract EVERYTHING from that file using 7Zip and copy the contents to a folder so that the INF file is now exposed. Then select that folder.

Cheers and Regards

You use all the driver's files, you just have to make sure the INF file is exposed. Ie if the divers files are all in either a zip or exe file, with no INF file, then extract EVERYTHING from that file using 7Zip and copy the contents to a folder so that the INF file is now exposed. Then select that folder.

Cheers and Regards

ofc all drivers are unpacked, but its dont work.

i used to make my own OS builds of XP,Vista and now win7 since 2006 year.

i am using ur tool for the first time and i got problems with integrating drivers.

ofc all drivers are unpacked, but its dont work.

i used to make my own OS builds of XP,Vista and now win7 since 2006 year.

i am using ur tool for the first time and i got problems with integrating drivers.

Win 7 toolkit does not have any problem integrating drives. Even i can say that it does an excellent job.

İf you want to integrate updated drives without a problem, i highly recommend you "driverpacks.net" site.

You won't have any problems with drivers on this site.

Win 7 toolkit does not have any problem integrating drives. Even i can say that it does an excellent job.

İf you want to integrate updated drives without a problem, i highly recommend you "driverpacks.net" site.

You won't have any problems with drivers on this site.

i want my own drivers to be integrated. W7T reports that drivers are being integrated but when i install OS to the physical machine - drivers not found for the devices for which i tried to integrate my drivers.

Does W7T save all drivers after OS install somewhere?

hi liam, just suggestion, in wim manager also AIO tool, instead checking "IMAGE NAME" why not checking "IMAGE INDEX"? it's more accurate becuz even in the *.wim image u have the same "IMAGE NAME" but different architecture (x86 or x64) it will correctly load/mount the image we choose.

why I said that? I give my test result (actually I forget to rename the "IMAGE NAME" of image that I want to build in dual architecture (x86 n x64) but I found ur tool bug).

1. Source: install.wim -> Windows 7 ULTIMATE (x86) & Windows 7 ULTIMATE (x64) exported manually by imagex. (dont rename the image, just export that)

3. Mount image index 2 (Windows 7 ULTIMATE (x64)), it will mount image index 1 becuz ur tool only check "IMAGE NAME" which have the same name as "Windows 7 ULTIMATE".

thx in advance.

Would be handy, because for now, if You want to build AIO disc you have to rename images for one archidecture.

i want my own drivers to be integrated. W7T reports that drivers are being integrated but when i install OS to the physical machine - drivers not found for the devices for which i tried to integrate my drivers.

Does W7T save all drivers after OS install somewhere?

@adminxp: do u check ur driver package have an executable file too? usually in the executable file, u need to extract that too incase the executable file is packed self executable archive that contain driver file that needed to be installed in ur computer.

W7T uses DISM to integrate drivers and to check if they have been integrated, it's all managed by Windows.

thx in advance.

That a request....

Edited by Legolash2o

@adminxp: do u check ur driver package have an executable file too? usually in the executable file, u need to extract that too incase the executable file is packed self executable archive that contain driver file that needed to be installed in ur computer.

all drivers are unpacked - i am not a noob:)

does anybody know do OS store additional drivers (integrated by W7T) after it is installed or additional drivers are only used for the initial setup\install.