Windows 7 Toolkit v1.3.0 BETA

RicaNeaga

I can confirm that there is a solution (ricktendo found about it) for my problem (and many others's) with unattended aren't working when windows is installed from some usb devices (with ssd controllers inside for example) - as I've said here, the solution is to copy the unattended .xml file also to boot.wim (index:2) besides the root of the dvd/usb.

So please Legolash, consider this to be a bug, and change the way unnatended is applied (so that is copied to boot.wim also), both through AIO and also through WIM Manager. :)

Edited by RicaNeaga

For some strange reason, changing "logon background" tweak doesnt seem to work anymore...at least for me...

Alway displays default... :blink:

Also for some strange reason "Disable Pagefile" does actually nothing, after install, pagefile still exists on systemdrive. :g:

Edited by Etz

Sorry for not being on much, i've been finished off essays and revising for an exam (today), hopefully i can get back to working on W7T by the end of the day :)

Theres nothing to be sorry of, you have a life too...

Take your time to finish other more important stuff ;)

EDIT: Actually I was wrong about that "Logon Screen Background" Tweak, actual problem is described here...

http://social.techne...3-bb251bee2c46/

Too bad, but I dont know solution to this... :(

EDIT v2: Found it...

Legolash2o , can you please fix (modify) this tweak as described here:

http://social.techne...3-28728531a91e/

For anyone who don't want the Logon-Screen reset to default on every theme change, just use policy key.

"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System" "UseOEMBackground" "1"

NOT

"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background" "OEMBackground" "1"

Delete this one if it exist!

EDIT v3: Can confirm, changing this tweak to policy reg key, fixes it as described above . ;)

Logon Screen isnt tied anymore to the theme and reg key is not resetting to default if you change themes.

Edited by Etz

Found what I think it's a debug message lol:

sF6XD.png

Had the same message with x64 integration. No message on x86.

Legolash2o, have you seen my message in the request subforum ?

Translated names of Win7 edition

You don't need to add the correct names for each languages, just to keep them instead of using the default enflish ones.

Edited by mooms

mooms = this is not the request thread!

PLEASE do not spam your own posts!

Sorry, i will edit my post to remove the quote.

addition to Kels statement, @mooms: that's was "IMAGE NAME", it doesn't depend on what language we used, u can edit them manually, no need to add or fix new function inside W7Toolkit.

Can you be more explicit ?

@mooms

I think it's using imagex.exe using export command:

http://technet.micro...447(WS.10).aspx

However you can Edit the image names and decriptions with the button at bottom left!

@Legolash2o

Could you check if it's possible to change and keep the foreign descriptions using imagex.exe with W7T ! Thanks in advance.

I do like this:

imagex /export C:\Win7_AIO\x86\install.wim 1 .\install.wim "Windows 7 STARTER (x86)"
imagex /export C:\Win7_AIO\x86\install.wim 2 .\install.wim "Windows 7 HOMEBASIC (x86)"
imagex /export C:\Win7_AIO\x86\install.wim 3 .\install.wim "Windows 7 HOMEPREMIUM (x86)"
imagex /export C:\Win7_AIO\x86\install.wim 4 .\install.wim "Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL (x86)"
imagex /export C:\Win7_AIO\x86\install.wim 5 .\install.wim "Windows 7 ULTIMATE (x86)"
imagex /export C:\Win7_AIO\x64\install.wim 1 .\install.wim "Windows 7 HOMEBASIC (x64)"
imagex /export C:\Win7_AIO\x64\install.wim 2 .\install.wim "Windows 7 HOMEPREMIUM (x64)"
imagex /export C:\Win7_AIO\x64\install.wim 3 .\install.wim "Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL (x64)"
imagex /export C:\Win7_AIO\x64\install.wim 4 .\install.wim "Windows 7 ULTIMATE (x64)"

And displayed names are in French for my localized version!

Images (changing image names and descriptions manually with W7T):

https://skydrive.liv...12&sc=documents

Edited by myselfidem

Solor extracted the cabs here, however I don't know how to integrate them to an offline image - the CAB Installer from W7T only installs the cab updates to the currently installed OS on your computer. Hopefully ricktendo will enlighten us on how to do this, and maybe at some time we'll be able to do this easily through W7T. :)

I'm going to release a new version with just fixes for the following issues below, i'm going to do this now....

Had the same message with x64 integration. No message on x86.

Legolash2o, have you seen my message in the request subforum ?

Translated names of Win7 edition

You don't need to add the correct names for each languages, just to keep them instead of using the default enflish ones.

v77 released.

*1.3.0.77B^FIX: File in use error when integrating unattended via AIO

*1.3.0.77B^FIX: WIM Manager will now mark image as 'corrupt' if imagex is closed during mount

*1.3.0.77B^FIX: Force Windows Media Player x64 tweak

1. The first error is where a user selects the save unattended path to be the same as the file they selected, the file can't replace itself :P

2. If a user was mounting an image and they closed imagex using task manager, W7T said it was mounted fine, now W7T will report it as corrupt.

3. Some users reported that this tweak did not work, so i fixed it.