Windows 7 Toolkit v1.3.0 BETA

RicaNeaga

v77 released.

*1.3.0.77B^FIX: File in use error when integrating unattended via AIO

*1.3.0.77B^FIX: WIM Manager will now mark image as 'corrupt' if imagex is closed during mount

*1.3.0.77B^FIX: Force Windows Media Player x64 tweak

1. The first error is where a user selects the save unattended path to be the same as the file they selected, the file can't replace itself :P

2. If a user was mounting an image and they closed imagex using task manager, W7T said it was mounted fine, now W7T will report it as corrupt.

3. Some users reported that this tweak did not work, so i fixed it.

for registry tweak, I think the answer is only change the setting from "Specialize" setting into "OOBE" (use RunOnce just like nlite do in XP) so it will apply to the "current user" too since if we include AUTOUNATTEND setting, only "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" apply correctly, but not "HKEY_CURRENT_USER". (u can make an *.inf so u can load that at OOBE stage).

registry tweak perform correctly if we didn't use "Autounattend.xml".

as for file replacement etc, theme tweak, update, u've done correctly.

note: IT'S NOT REQUEST, I just suggest something since most of member here complain "autounattend setting didn't work" which is actually work but have conflict with the tweak itself. (I use regshot to record what W7T do with registry tweak n saved that as *.reg, applied that manually in firstlogon, it work).

Edited by ar_seven_am

for registry tweak, I think the answer is only change the setting from "Specialize" setting into "OOBE" (use RunOnce just like nlite do in XP) so it will apply to the "current user" too since if we include AUTOUNATTEND setting, only "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" apply correctly, but not "HKEY_CURRENT_USER". (u can make an *.inf so u can load that at OOBE stage).

registry tweak perform correctly if we didn't use "Autounattend.xml".

as for file replacement etc, theme tweak, update, u've done correctly.

note: IT'S NOT REQUEST, I just suggest something since most of member here complain "autounattend setting didn't work" which is actually work but have conflict with the tweak itself. (I use regshot to record what W7T do with registry tweak n saved that as *.reg, applied that manually in firstlogon, it work).

There's nothing wrong with the method which W7T uses to apply tweaks, it mounts the hive, edits it and then saves. Unattended files should not affect that at all.

v78B released, please remember to post in 'The Little Things v2' thread to improve W7T.

• *FIX: Integration of Theme Packs with foreign characters in path

If a themepack had a foreign character in the file path, it could not be extracted and therefore would cause an error and not be integrated. This should hopefully now be fixed. It will copy the themepack to a much simple folder (C:\W7T\1.thempack) and then be extracted and worked with.

• *FIX: Closing Component Removal at startup caused errors

If you closed Component Removal tool whilst it was still mounting and receiving packages, it would show a bunch of error messages. You now can't close the tool until it has finished this process.

• *DisplayName and DisplayDescription will now be used when getting image info

Some users complained that W7T did not show the French version of the image name which gets displayed during install, by default W7T will not show this information.

• *W7T will set Name and Description to DisplayName and DisplayDescription if available

Same as above but when <DisplayName> and <DisplayDescription> are detected it will set the default <Name> and <Description> values as the display ones.

• *Added right click to component list in AIO tool

You can now right-click on the components list in All-In-One tool and select all items in list/group, hopefully this will help.

• *Option to shutdown PC on AIO and CAB Installer

Very useful feature added to both All-In-One tool and CAB Installer so that once every has been completed you can have W7T shutdown your computer, useful for those who leave things overnight.

Edited by Legolash2o

Thanks for the new release! :rolleyes:

Now Displayname and Displaydescription are correct but we need to change the image names!

However I think it's neeeded to add a new tab with AIO Creation because now we can only change Displayname and/or Displaydescription and an error occurs because the image names are identical!

Could you add a new tab to change the names?

*Edit: Solved. Many thanks.

Edited by myselfidem

Many thanks Legolash2o for the new release! :)

Now creating an Windows 7 AIO with W7T - for any localized version - we save time and we aren't obliged to change manually the Name; but we can of course!

Keep your good work.

Regards

Image Creating AIO

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=D178EA021B182B88&id=D178EA021B182B88%21114&sc=documents#cid=D178EA021B182B88&id=D178EA021B182B88%211413&sc=documents

Pause button is a request and is in the wrong place.

Prepare drives it useful for graphics drivers which have compressed files for example *.DL_ and w7t will expand it so it is *.DLL, this needs to be done or they won't be integrated.

@Everyone,

I have re-programmed a massive amount of code in the USB Boot Prep so that it uses WMI and not disk part, there is definitely a lot less code than before, it's more efficient, about 1000 times faster at detecting drives (half a second).

I just need to program the actually buttons which prepare the USB sticks to use WMI also instead of diskpart.

Advantages:

Much faster

More efficient

XP Support (i hope)

Should pick up more USB devices across all languages.

Disadvantages:

None.

Edited by Legolash2o

Youre putting RTM and SP1 images onto one disc, doesnt it create any problems?

It was just for testing W7T to create an AIO DVD and check the Name and Description. Yes I used Windows 7 x86 RTM SP1 and Windows 7 x64 RTM SP0.

Testing Windows 7 x86 SP1 works...But I need to test Windows 7 x64 SP0. Because like you guess the boot.wim is SP1 with my example.