SoLoR Updates

Vizard

Microsoft release critical updates via Windows Update for anything that will affect the majority of computers, SoLoR updates contains those plus updates which are not released via Windows Updates, i.e. updates meant if you experience a specific problem but personally i download and integrate them all anyway. SoLoR updates are also included in Service Packs so all the Updates which SoLoR provide will be in Win7 SP2.

Microsoft does not provide all its hotfixes via Windows Update, it only gives you the critical updates so hackers dont get into your PC...this does not mean that Microsoft is not busy fixing other small bugs that pop up and they usually release these hotfixes but you have to google the problem you are having and hope that there is a hotfix to fix that

SoLoR gathers them all up in one place and removes any obsolete/superseded hotfixes to save time and space

I must say thank you for both of those responses....very much appreciated and well explained.

After reading this i must give a huge thanks to SoLoR for creating these updates.

All of your efforts are appreciated and my questions have been answered....please close the thread anytime you feel appropriate.

Hi guys thought I'd also ask in this thread... i use windows updates downloader to download updates and have up to oct 13th, 2011 updates. Rather than download them all again, how would I take advantage of solor updates to download the differences ??

@Legolash2o, one feature request about Solor updates downloader in W7T, can you make ability to sort by date? it's will be much easy to keep upgrade. Also i don't know is possible to follow changelog? Also will be nice ability to download additional hotfixes.

what i've done for updates is I've created a bat file that uses wget to grab the updates from the windows 7 folder, office 2010 folder, and MSE folder. Atm, it doesn't remove old updates, but i'm working on that. well here's the code for anyone that would like it

del /S /Q *.html
del /S /Q *.htm
del /S /Q *.log

start wget.exe -m -k -np -c -o win7.log http://hotfix.chris123nt.com/Windows.7/
start wget.exe -m -k -np -c -o mse.log http://hotfix.chris123nt.com/Microsoft.Security.Essentials/
start wget.exe -m -k -np -c -o office.log http://hotfix.chris123nt.com/Office.2010/

the del cmds removes the htmls so you can refresh the downloader. and all output is to a log file.