Which PC Mouse to buy?

NIM

For a start, I'm deeply disappointed with Logitech!

I had Logitech MX Revoution Mouse, until one day it started to have double click issues.

More on this problem here: http://forums.logite...ick/td-p/243999

Well, I've decided to sell the mouse as it were (with this double click failure) and a year and a half ago I've bought Logitech MX 1100 mouse that recently started giving me that ol' double-click problems.

Now, I've downloaded this application that helps a bit, but can't solve the problem completely. Not to mention that I do not want to use a third party software for my mouse to function properly.

There another option, I can fix that lousy Omron clicker in Logitech mouse as instructed here: http://www.overclock...les-diy-repair/ having in mind that this won't extend the mouse lifespan, this fix will only hold for some time and then it could start to work even worse as this tiny part of spring easily wears out because of the low quality components.

I'm also considering selling this mouse and buying a new one, but this time I would like not to have Logitech again, but when I searched for Web Shops here in Croatia, there's not much to choose from.

So I need your recommendations for a good mouse that isn't very expensive but has better quality than Logitech.

P.S. I have Logitech MX1000 mouse at work that is now 7 years old and works without any issues. I'm guessing those were the times when Logitech used high quality parts.

For a start, I'm deeply disappointed with Logitech!

So I need your recommendations for a good mouse that isn't very expensive but has better quality than Logitech.

I just bought a Logitech G500 and it's pretty nice.

Stay away from cordless/wireless mice unless you absolutely have to have one. You'll always have better responsiveness and control with a wired mouse.

'Click' problems can sometimes be cleared by giving the buttons a thorough cleaning. Remove the mouse shell, clean the contacts with IPA (IsoPropol Alcohol) and dry completely.

I had a Logitech MX700 (wireless) for years before the left button broke. Then I had a Microsoft wireless mouse and it was garbage.

I'm told that Razor mice are also good. But I've never tried one.

For keyboards, SteelSeries are awesome!

Well, after 2 hours, I've managed to fix the bugger using procedure from the link above. There's a lot of patience needed, especially if you have two kids around you :)

Also, those parts are really small and it's pretty hard to do it.

Indeed, a user's choice of both mouse/keyboard is a very personal one. There are simply too many variables that get in the way.

A simple statement as "Brand A is much better than Brand B" isn't always true either because of variances in supply chain parts and quality enforcement.

Well, my first MX Revolution mouse started to have double-click issues after 3 years and 2 months (warranty expired).

My current mouse MX1100 was still under warranty and I honestly don't know how did I forgot this.

Now, once I've opened it, I don't think they would accept the warranty :( Mouse clicks work OK now, but I've lost communication with back and forward buttons, along with a DPI buttons too.

Now, once I've opened it, I don't think they would accept the warranty :( Mouse clicks work OK now, but I've lost communication with back and forward buttons, along with a DPI buttons too.

It would depend on how many "seals" you had to break to get into it. If 'none', then you will not have an issue.

• 2 years later...

if you buy directly from logitechs stor a couple of times and get the vip pass you get up to 75% off any product when sending in your old products. to be correct they FIRST give you the discount then you get some return papers with your new cheap logicrap products. it's twice now i havn't sent them the used hid hardware and they havn't said a word :\ but i use 3-4 mouses and keybords a year.. (anger issues in front of computer)

as to recomandations.. ALL my logitech mouses have had that same problem. the last one was the logitech anywhere mx mouse. now stationed at my desk where i hope some time will change it's mind :P i really like that mouse. now i've fallen back on one of my two logitech preformance mx mouses. that was my former favorite and it's the only one that keeps up (not going click crazy)

i don't know about you but my logitech mouses have this thing where they loose the 'hook' of my clicks.. say i drag a window and it just desides to let go of it. if mark text or files it looses the original start point and starts off somwhere else. REALLY ANNOYING!! all of those mouses are soundly placed inside my wall across the room.. anyway that issue is setpoint related. i don't have the link for the ticket on logitech's support sites but you can search your way there..

i love and hate logitech, but i.m.o all the competition is either lacking in features or not ergonomic enough.. choosing the right mouse is like choosing the righ car.. you don't know you did the wrong choice before it starts leaking..

Edited by Profess0r1011000

i don't know about you but my logitech mouses have this thing where they loose the 'hook' of my clicks.. say i drag a window and it just desides to let go of it. if mark text or files it looses the original start point and starts off somwhere else. REALLY ANNOYING!! all of those mouses are soundly placed inside my wall across the room.. anyway that issue is setpoint related. i don't have the link for the ticket on logitech's support sites but you can search your way there..

I have recently replaced my third Logitech Performance MX mouse because of that loose click issues :)