Default Directory for ISO-Output / Preset Names / Adding folder to root of ISO File

sputnik089

Hi Legolash2o,

first of all, thank you veeery much for that great tool.

I just have some small requests in mind, that might be useful:

ISO Maker: Should remind the last "ISO-Output" folder, i try to have result ISOs in one place

AIO Tool: If the default name settings for presets would be like [year]-[month]-[day]_[hour24]-[minute] they would be in chronological order in the selection list. Now the latest one is somehow hard to find. In my German host OS (win7 64) it shows the 24hour format with PM and AM.

Idea: Set the default to 24hour format and just no "PM/AM".

AIO Tool: Is there any way (couldn´t find one) to add a specific directory structure (incl. subdirectories and files) to the root of the ISO Image?

Have a great sunday!

Sputnik089

Edited by Legolash2o

1. Done.

2. I've removed the AM/PM, i won't change the date format because im from the UK and how we do it here :P the newest one is at the bottom but i'm thinking of making it so that the last sessions is always at the top.

EDIT: Newest will be at the top

3. Need more details :)

Edited by Legolash2o

2. on a German System it looks like this ...

post-26629-0-78095500-1320689252.jpg

did you find the newest preset? ... :D

3. Just forget my idea, I found a way to do that.

After AIO-Tool is finished I run a batch file to copy specific directories and files to the image directory before running ISO Maker.

Is there a commandline way to run AIO and ISO Maker automatically like e.g.

W7T.exe /preset=Last_Session(06-11-2011_1242PM).ini /ISOFile=W7T.iso /ISOLabel=W7T_111107 (so it could run unattended)

Thanks for your great support!

Edited by sputnik089

did you find the newest preset? ...

2. 2nd to last one

@Liam, I hate to disagree with you, but unless I misunderstand how those date codes are encoded, I think the latest one is about in the middle, the 13th entry, ie:

06-11-2011_1242PM -- {[day]-[month]-[year]_[hour24][min][AM|PM] right?}

Isn't it?

I respect your choice of sticking with the date format you are most used to working with, but I have to agree with @sputnik089 that [year]-[month]-[day]_[hour24]-[minute] sure seems to make more sense and allows easier sorting as well. I guess I don't quite see how the existing format allows sorting in any helpful way. (Unless there is an option to sort by date, which I guess should sort correctly no matter where you are?) But my excuse is that I am in the US, as lame as excuse as that is.

Cheers and Regards

Why not "split the difference"? Maybe Legolash2o should give an option to specify your own format for the logs (similar to how the date and time works in the Windows Region Settings).

@Legolash2o - If you do not want to go through the actual process of creating the "format" option, at least give some options to choose.

(a.k.a - "YY-MM-DD_HH-MM", "DD-MM-YY_HH-MM", or "MM-DD-YY_HH-MM") The options will give greater flexibility and less complaining later. ;)

Oh crap yeah, it is the middle one. After having a closer look that is confusing. Sputnik do you mind putting all those presets in a 7z file and uploading them, allow me to make them display in the correct order but for now i guess i will have to use [year]-[month]-[day]_[hour24]-[minute].

@bphldp

Thanks for showing a better example. I thought Liam found the newest preset .. he did not ... :D

@Legolash2o

Don´t worry, I just copy my old presets to another archive directory an gonna rename the newest ones. Thanks for your offer.

I think if you go for "[year]-[month]-[day]_[hour24]-[minute]" all will be happy (GB, USA, GER, ...)

Hi Liam,

1. does not work with version V65, sorry. It lost both directories. Even if I change the settings.ini it does not work, sorry.

2. I checked that today but if I dont name my set, the automatic generated naming will be "10-11-2011_13-27-33".

• 1 month later...