Windows 7 Toolkit v1.4.0 Survey

Legolash2o

For v1.4.0 i was planning on adding alot more component removals for W7T (like vLite) but many people have been wanting multiple languages for a while.

Do you want me to skip straight to v1.4.0 or would you want me to do a v1.3.5 with multiple languages first? It's either one of the other but they will both get done. I just need to know which to focus on.

EDIT:

• Better component removal (33 votes [76.74%])
  • Multiple language support(10 votes [23.26%])

Edited by Legolash2o

I changed my vote from component removal to multi-lingual even though I only understand English. Why? It makes more sense from a long-term perspective because more people using / testing the program = more opportunities for suggestions + bug reports. This could result as the more efficient path.

Edited by Soyabeaner

I would prefer better component removal, but only because I already understand the language that W7T is in (English). But as I think about it, I do not really remove much (if anything), so language support would be good too. I am somewhat on the fence, but I still lean a bit toward the component removal.

It's at least pathetic for someone to be power user enough and have a decent understanding of Windows so to use a very technical program like W7T and not have the very basic linguistic knowledge/jargon of some English to use the program.

It's not a program with tons of help pages or tons of definitions. It's a tiny program with specific functions. Nobody plans to have a political conversation with it or philosophy talk about Shakespeare.

A good balance could be since this is a free application like many other applications in the past the "linguistic sensitive" users to take the guides published already at this forum and contribute by translating them into their native tongue.

So this will leave (for now) Legolash to continue the important parts of the program and leave the cosmetic parts for a more relaxed step.

Regarding the problem encountered about resources hack of W7T.

If someone(s) of you have problem with the English language, just by the sight of it, and get in the mental point of "hacking" (better say cannibalize) a program to remove/replace the English language then this is pathological.

English of course is not my native tongue. I am from Greece and so I speak Greek. But I never EVER mind using an English only program (even Windows).

In my opinion it would be a lovely idea to see this program got translated but not yet.

Cheers

Today all we deal with a computer, have basic knowledge of English, and a program like this with so many technical terms it is very easy to use, made ​​sure that most of them would be the same, after translating... What it would be good is that it could be translated by a text file, so the volunteers could do the translations into different languages ​...

Regards... ;-)

p.d.: my native language is spanish...

Edited by alfreire

I vote for removal. Besides other fine points made above, to me it would make more sense to add features first and then translate once, as opposed to translate --> add/change features --> worry about fixing translation.

I vote for removal. Besides other fine points made above, to me it would make more sense to add features first and then translate once, as opposed to translate --> add/change features --> worry about fixing translation.

That's exactly why i have not done translation yet, but it seems like everyone is voting for component removals anyway :)

............. plus the rest of the software.

It would be nice to have more software choices but please don't forget to put the english language.

Because I don't speak Estonian.

Edited by zavan

So you are the one who cannibalized the W7T. Congratulations. I shall propose you for the "medal of lamer".

Go get a TOEFL or IELTS instead of cannibalizing software that you don't own.

Your low education is driving you to low life standard.

W7T it's a FREE OF CHARGE application.

You should at least give some respect to the author.

And last but not least get a life....

Edited by zavan

Need support for other languages. It's not so hard to do. :dancing:

How did you do it then? :)

So you are the one who cannibalized the W7T. Congratulations. I shall propose you for the "medal of lamer".

Chill out lol :P

I am the source code is not changed! I only localized for your convenience Russian users. Since the translation is not the literary term, and the ability to make some functions are not well understood

@loginvovchyk,

Since you did the localization for Russian, and since Legolash2o has politely asked you how you did it, perhaps you could explain to Lego how you did it and share back with him your translation source code? Then maybe Lego could add the Russian in officially in such a way to not mess up the logs and provide useful feedback to Lego when there is an error. You might even become one of the official translators. Lego might then be more easily able to add in the support for even more languages for the benefit of even more people. It seems like the least you could do.

Cheers and Regards

I've been programming professionally localized for 5 years. For location, I use a special program that decompiles the file to be translated and then re-packaged it. I am an official translator of several programs like TeamViewer, 360Amigo System Speedup, WinUtilities, Advanced Installer, ACDSee, Classic Shell and so on. You can contact me on icq - 478 120 135 or email loginvovchyk@rambler.ru . If necessary, I agree with author of this program Legolash2o what resources do not need to localize to submit bug reports in English.

Below is shown the program to translated the Windows 7 Toolkit

2b5e1466f6cc.jpg

db51c51be067.jpg

Since resources are displayed after the file encryption:

9062421b87f6.jpg

Edited by loginvovchyk