[Slim] .NET Framework 4 Full x86/x64 (1-10-2016)

ricktendo

Thanks rick. That really does help. I still would prefer to have some kind of designation in the file name so I could tell at a glance without having to check the properties. Ideally, for me, some kind of date code, similar to the way you do for the title of this thread, but in year-month-day order so it would sort easier, (dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup-2011-12-16.exe), but just a number would do, like Liam uses for W7T (W7T130-82B.7z). But at least it's there now in the properties. Thanks again.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

The way it is now is MUCH easier for all of the places the package is at. This way he can update the pack w\o having to go to EVERY place and update the links.

Can't you simply add a date in when you dl them?

Well not really in this case, I let my web host die

The reason I dont want to put the date in the installer tittle is because its too long already

Can't you simply add a date in when you dl them?

I do, just like I also add the version numbers to dumpydooby's Shark007 codec releases. :)

The reason I dont want to put the date in the installer tittle is because its too long already

NP Not an issue, was just a suggestion. I understand your reasons. Many Thanks again for making the installer, and the scripts, for the benefit of us all.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

hey rick, i was wondering if you could help me with the LP integration so as i can do dotnet4 in Hungarian. i downloaded the two LPs. extracted the content of your original slim 7z archive and that of the two LP files (seems as though the two setups use some identical files as i was asked to overwrite some) into the same dir, i could see the LP msi files for both the client and the extended versions. 7zipped them all together, did the semi colon removal with context.txt, then created the exe by opening the the new 7z file with the batch file and a new exe file was indeed created. However when I tested it on VM8 only for the client install, it went okay until the end, where i got this sort of an error message that "you need to run setup.exe" or something. installation was succesful, although i dont think the language pack got integrated, plus the integrated dotnet4 updates do not show under windows updates, i dont know if thats okay.

if you can provide some help, thats appreciated, if you could do the dirty work for me, thats even cooler.

here's a link to the 2 LP files: http://speedy.sh/edYcs/dotnet4LP-hu.zip

Thanks and god bless :)

Use the vbs slimmers on the LP and do another admin install (in the Property table I also change the ProductName to the LocProductName to translate the uninstall entry), using the vbs removes setup junk and also makes it possible to install directly via msi (if you hold on I will do it and upload it for you)

cscript netfx4+lp_slim.vbs

Edit: Hungarian LP is slimmed and ready for you (dl link on 1st post)

BTW dont remove all semicolons from config.txt, only the ones with the LP msi command line, leave the semicolons on the lines with comments (this dissables them)

Use the vbs slimmers on the LP and do another admin install (in the Property table I also change the ProductName to the LocProductName to translate the uninstall entry), using the vbs removes setup junk and also makes it possible to install directly via msi (if you hold on I will do it and upload it for you)

cscript netfx4+lp_slim.vbs

Edit: Hungarian LP is slimmed and ready for you (dl link on 1st post)

BTW dont remove all semicolons from config.txt, only the ones with the LP msi command line, leave the semicolons on the lines with comments (this dissables them)

thanks rick, ima go give it a try right away. btw i only removed the semicolons from the lines that contained a .msi file in them. i gather this is what was necessary to include the LPs, the semicolons before the comments about what the switches do are ofc untouched.

yep it worked like a charm, with the slimmed LP integrated, the process went through without any warnings whatsoever, although the dotnet4 updates still dont appear under VMWare8, but maybe they are not even supposed to. gonna test this for real soon.

thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

You would have to repack it...to not show any dialogs AT ALL use this sfx and config.txt along with the sfx maker (you can use 7zsplit.exe to get the 7z archive from the exe)

http://www.filesonic.com/file/4238151814/dotNET4sfx_NoGUI.7z

If want to keep the begin and end prompt and only hide the extracting it will take some resource editing skills to remove the dialog...you could also change GUIMode from 0 to 2 but that will mess up the dialogs

"The file has been deleted"

@genet what are you needing it for?

100% no gui/silent install?

I want to create silent installation CD of Windows XP with .NET Framework 4.

HFSLIP slipstreamer:

- HFSLIP\HFGUIRUNONCE\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.exe

- edit file > HFSLPGUI.CMD > START/WAIT dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.exe /aic

Edited by genet

Since yumeyao apparently has retired, I want to use your addon also for xp. However, I have one question...

/ain - Quiet mode, no user input required or output shown. *Full* Client and Extended packages are installed and 'ngen executequeueditems' is also run. (Fixes slow XP boot, may take considerably *longer*)

Can you make a switch in your future release that installs ONLY the Client version, and also runs ngen? Thanks. :)

Its pretty easy to do, you can repack it using the sfxmaker and simply add the ngen command in config.txt under the 'client only' install section you call with a switch, or you could add it under them all like so

;Default Full w/ install prompt
RunProgram="x64:netfx_core_x64.msi /qb!"
;RunProgram="x64:netfx_corelp_x64.msi /qb!"
RunProgram="x86:netfx_core_x86.msi /qb!"
;RunProgram="x86:netfx_corelp_x86.msi /qb!"
RunProgram="x64:netfx_extended_x64.msi /qb!"
;RunProgram="x64:netfx_extendedlp_x64.msi /qb!"
RunProgram="x86:netfx_extended_x86.msi /qb!"
;RunProgram="x86:netfx_extendedlp_x86.msi /qb!"
RunProgram="hidcon:%windir%\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\ngen executequeueditems /nologo /silent"
RunProgram="x64:hidcon:%windir%\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\ngen executequeueditems /nologo /silent"

;[/ai | SHIFT] Client ONLY w/ progress bar
AutoInstall="x64:netfx_core_x64.msi /qb!"
;AutoInstall="x64:netfx_corelp_x64.msi /qb!"
AutoInstall="x86:netfx_core_x86.msi /qb!"
;AutoInstall="x86:netfx_corelp_x86.msi /qb!"
AutoInstall="hidcon:%windir%\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\ngen executequeueditems /nologo /silent"
AutoInstall="x64:hidcon:%windir%\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\ngen executequeueditems /nologo /silent"

;[/aic] Client ONLY w/o progress bar
AutoInstallc="x64:netfx_core_x64.msi /qn"
;AutoInstallc="x64:netfx_corelp_x64.msi /qn"
AutoInstallc="x86:netfx_core_x86.msi /qn"
;AutoInstallc="x86:netfx_corelp_x86.msi /qn"
AutoInstallc="hidcon:%windir%\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\ngen executequeueditems /nologo /silent"
AutoInstallc="x64:hidcon:%windir%\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\ngen executequeueditems /nologo /silent"

;[/aif] Client + Extended w/o progress bar
AutoInstallf="x64:netfx_core_x64.msi /qn"
;AutoInstallf="x64:netfx_corelp_x64.msi /qn"
AutoInstallf="x86:netfx_core_x86.msi /qn"
;AutoInstallf="x86:netfx_corelp_x86.msi /qn"
AutoInstallf="x64:netfx_extended_x64.msi /qn"
;AutoInstallf="x64:netfx_extendedlp_x64.msi /qn"
AutoInstallf="x86:netfx_extended_x86.msi /qn"
;AutoInstallf="x86:netfx_extendedlp_x86.msi /qn"
AutoInstallf="hidcon:%windir%\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\ngen executequeueditems /nologo /silent"
AutoInstallf="x64:hidcon:%windir%\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\ngen executequeueditems /nologo /silent"

;[/ain] Client + Extended + ngen w/o progress bar
;Not needed for this section

I'm using SFXMaker 1.3.0 Beta and I don't understand where to put that config.txt. Maybe the classic way of making svcpack installers is ok? Smth like...

[General]
Title=.Net Framework 4 & Updates
Version=December 29 2011 Rev2
Description=Ricktendo's .net 4 Slim Setup
BuildDate=01/27/2012
Website=http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/topic/9154-slim-net-framework-4-full-x86x64-12-29-2011/

[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]
dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.exe /aic
AutoInstallc="x86:netfx_core_x86.msi /qn"
AutoInstallc="hidcon:%windir%\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\ngen executequeueditems /nologo /silent"

Edited by RicaNeaga